Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB-Reynolds, GA Dec. 5, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 11, 2015.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Ok guys whats up
    Got a best of a 12.26 out of the 09 this pass weekend.
    That is the best for the car now and a baseline to work with.
    Time to play with jets a spacers.

2. Sweet #'s there @saltflats :cool: Hmm I know of a certain burgundy model A sedan that might be ready for the ole 09 :D

Anywho good news! Thanks to Jimmy (Redsled)... Our event has earned a spot in possibly the Oct. issue of Ragtops & Runningboards but will definitely be in the Nov. issue. :cool:

[​IMG]

50 Days to go! K:cool::cool:L

Dog_Patch likes this.
  3. BAD A

BAD A

Don't forget about my junk Saltflats. I am testing this weekend, on street tires. Going to the MAYDAY drags, put on by the, Carolina pushrodz car club. They have a class just for street tires.

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sounds like my dance card is filling up.

5. [​IMG]

And also ordered a banner to hang up on the EZ-Up for the event. I want to try this year to get everyone registered that way no one can complain about not being in contention for a trophy if they do not register ;)

[​IMG]

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just a reminder that camping is free, and there will be a big grill that everyone can use to cook on Sat. night, just bring some charcoal, that monster eats it like popcorn. As we get a little closer to event, I'll check with Ed about whether thry have cut down that dead tree and sawed it into firewood lengths for u.

allwilly likes this.
  7. 46 says, I'ma comin through! ;)

[​IMG]

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Wow! This board moves fast! Sixteen hours and it's on page 6! BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Where's 45 at Scot?! Get on it dog-gone-it!

10. [​IMG]
    Here ya go brother Joephus ;)

[​IMG]

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, that circus will be 2 weeks before our weekend, so maybe they'll clean up the elephant turds before we get there!

saltflats likes this.
  12. Speaking of Circus ... when I was in grade school a circus came to town and set up on the field by the school. Monday morning they were all packed up and mostly gone, but they told us to stay in our rooms because a monkey got loose. We all pressed against the windows and watched the monkey run all over the playground and we all laughed and cheered. Then the cops came around the corner with a scatter gun and scattered the poor bastard while we watched.

What's worse was after school we found the bag they put the monkey in and of course had to pull him out and take a closer look. :eek: times were different.

Tudor and stealthcruiser like this.
  13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Dang I thought you going to tell a story about when you joined the circus.
    Poor monkey didn't hurt anyone.

14. Monkey wouldn't stand a chance in Griffin either, would it Dave? :confused: :D

Well it took a bit, but finally found a HAMB worthy 43 :eek: Not much of a fan of Hi-boys but this bad boy here churns the ole cogs :cool:

[​IMG]

Dog_Patch and Tudor like this.
  15. captmullette

captmullette

well hell....another setback on the motor......set the ole tunnel ram on the motor yesterday and guess what the new heads have 200cc runners and my intake don't frigging work......this motor is hainted...damn and damn again...............

16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well Hell is right! Are the ports so big that the intake won't seal off the passages? If they will seal up and just are smaller by a bit it ain't good, but it's better than a step in the other direction where the intake manifold ports are bigger than the ones in the head.

17. 42 days left bump from the Flora-Bama line :cool:

IMG_20141013_124617.jpg

Dog_Patch likes this.
  18. captmullette

captmullette

got a catholic priest coming over to excise the haints out of this motor from hell.........that's right dave old intake wont seal off intake ports....im trying to find an intake to take its place.....any help is appreciated....looking for something like a super victor etc. by the way my old tunnel is for sale $300 + ship

Attached Files:

GAOldsman likes this.
  19. 4 words - Stack Injection Damn It!

stealthcruiser likes this.
  20. captmullette

captmullette

that's in the plan , but first get the damn thing running.......

21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Will a TR1Y work
    I have one you could borrow

22. captmullette

captmullette

thanks saltflats, but I don't think so these heads are 200cc 2.30 x 1.25 ports.....old school is too small got a line on a holley strip dominator that's supposed to work

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Friend had a Holley Strip Dominator, but he sold it just 2-3 weeks ago. Still looking around.

24. captmullette

captmullette

thanks dave, may have one soon....

GAOldsman likes this.
  25. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

About how many cars show up for the show. I'm not racing Just going to try to come for show /swap.

26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The ":show" part of the gathering is mostly hot rods and kustoms that come down more for the fun of the event itself rhan just for a show, and even the competing cars in the Nostalgia Drags are considered in the judging for whatever awards that may or may not be passed out!
    The show and awards are probably the least organized things of an event notorious more for fun trhan for being organized, LOL.
    We have some nice cars that are carefully built, some a bit more casual, and some you wonder if you need a tetanus shot to get real close! And there's usually 25-30 cars to consider. And others that just come in, run and leave without joining in the festivities.
    You've got to attend this meet to really grasp just how laid back and fun loving it is.

allwilly likes this.