Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB Nostalgia Drags @ Reynolds, GA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 17, 2013.

1. We aren't invited to camp on Friday, but there will be "Street Legal Drags" going on and there are several nearby motels in Perry, Warner Robins and Byron that are nice and not too far from the track.

[​IMG] days for Brad to find a few tenths of a second :D :cool:

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Extended weather forecast from Accu-Weather.com says lo 65* Hi 83*, sunshine and patchy clouds.
    Good weather for camping and racing!

3. That is a great forecast Dave :cool: 83* is way better than 93* :cool:

4. captmullette

captmullette

sounds good.....

5. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Brad stoped by in the 29 today holy crap you should here that thing now sounds mean when he left the old 31 was shaking and leaked oil all over the garage

6. Better get that earl back in the 283 there Carl :cool: Brad you may want to bring a thick book for your britches, that way the spankin' don't hurt as bad :D :D LOL

My daughter and I have been making some homemade trophies to complement the custom bought ones. Here's a sneak peek.

Quickest Reaction Time Award.

[​IMG]

Hard Luck Award

[​IMG]

"Eye Candy" Best Paint

[​IMG]

Long Distance Award.

[​IMG]

The rest of the car show trophies :cool:

Best of Show and 1st - 3rd Place People's Choice

[​IMG]

Best Sedan & Best Truck

[​IMG]

Best Custom & Best Coupe

[​IMG]

The inserts turned out nice

[​IMG]

7. Good job on some great looking trophies can't wate to see them in person.Carl next time i come up i will bring some oil dry for ya

8. Thanks Brad :)

[​IMG] days left and is plowing on through

9. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Damn, Less than a week to go. I may need to sub out some work. Brad I have plenty of phone books I will bring, Heheheha

10. BAD A

BAD A

Looked at the weather. Looks like 40% chance of rain now.

11. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

12. Sat Sep 14

[​IMG] 85<sup>°</sup> high
    64<sup>°</sup> low
    Partly Cloudy

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>10%</dd></dl> <dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd> ENE at 8 mph </dd></dl>[​IMG] days til go time! :cool:

13. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

those awards look great,,

14. BAD A

BAD A

Reynolds, GA

Find a location
    1. [​IMG]
      1. Today
      2. 93°F/67°F
    2. [​IMG]
      1. Tuesday
      2. 90°F/67°F
    3. [​IMG]
      1. Wednesday
      2. 90°F/68°F

Monday, Sep. 09, 2013

<INPUT id=entityIds value=10038505 type=hidden name=entityIds><INPUT id=cookieMigrationSwitch value=true type=hidden name=cookieMigrationSwitch>
    1. Warrenville, IL67°F
    |

LOCAL WEATHERPROVIDED BY iMap

Ten-day forecast

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=tdforecast cellSpacing=0 summary="10-day forecast" cellPadding=0 sizcache="12" sizset="46"><THEAD><TR><TD colSpan=4></TD><TR class=tdhead><TH id=tenday>Day</TH><TH id=tenforecast>Forecast</TH><TH id=tendesc>Description</TH><TH id=tenprecip>Precip Chance</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY sizcache="12" sizset="46"><TR class=r1 sizcache="12" sizset="46"><TD class=col1 rowSpan=2 sizcache="12" sizset="46">Today

Sep 9 Details
    </TD><TD class=col2 rowSpan=2>[​IMG] Scattered Thunderstorms
    Hi:93°Lo:67°
    </TD><TD class=col3>Day: Scattered Thunderstorms. High 93F. Winds E at 5 mph. Air Quality:Good, UV Index:9
    </TD><TD class=col4>20%</TD></TR><TR class=r2><TD>Night: Fair. Low 67F. Light winds.
    </TD><TD>0%</TD></TR><TR class="even r1" sizcache="12" sizset="47"><TD class=col1 rowSpan=2 sizcache="12" sizset="47">Tuesday

Sep 10 Details
    </TD><TD class=col2 rowSpan=2>[​IMG] Mostly Sunny
    Hi:90°Lo:67°
    </TD><TD class=col3>Day: Mostly Sunny. High 90F. Winds E at 9 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:8
    </TD><TD class=col4>0%</TD></TR><TR class="even r2"><TD>Night: Fair. Low 67F. Light winds.
    </TD><TD>0%</TD></TR><TR class=r1><TD class=col1>Wednesday

Sep 11</TD><TD class=col2>[​IMG] Mostly Sunny
    Hi:90°Lo:68°
    </TD><TD class=col3>Mostly Sunny. High 90F. Winds E at 8 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:8
    </TD><TD class=col4>0%</TD></TR><TR class="even r1"><TD class=col1>Thursday

Sep 12</TD><TD class=col2>[​IMG] Mostly Sunny
    Hi:90°Lo:69°
    </TD><TD class=col3>Mostly Sunny. High 90F and low 69F. Winds E at 3 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:9
    </TD><TD class=col4>0%</TD></TR><TR class=r1><TD class=col1>Friday

Sep 13</TD><TD class=col2>[​IMG] T-storms
    Hi:90°Lo:67°
    </TD><TD class=col3>T-storms. High 90F and low 67F. Winds N at 5 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
    </TD><TD class=col4>40%</TD></TR><TR sizcache="12" sizset="48"><TD colSpan=4 sizcache="12" sizset="48">
    • More weather services from

• Find Maps and average temperatures
    • Compare forecasts from multiple weather providers
    • Find international weather forecasts for
      <FORM class=weaform method=get action=http://www.bing.com jQuery1378729151225="77"><INPUT class="weasearch hint" title="Enter city and country" value="City Country" maxLength=50 size=30 name=q jQuery1378729151225="76"><INPUT class=weasubmit value="Submit Query" type=submit><INPUT value=F type=hidden name=unit><INPUT value=MSNW type=hidden name=FORM></FORM>
    </TD></TR><TR class="even r1"><TD class=col1>Saturday

Sep 14</TD><TD class=col2>[​IMG] T-storms
    Hi:85°Lo:66°
    </TD><TD class=col3>T-storms. High 85F and low 66F. Winds E at 10 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
    </TD><TD class=col4>40%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

15. Thanks big vic :cool:

16. BAD A

BAD A

this is what I am looking at.

17. Big A hopefully MSN weather is wrong and the weather channel is right. :confused:

18. captmullette

captmullette

man, those trophys are great

19. BAD A

BAD A

I hope so we are coming from 400 miles away.

20. Rain or shine it will still be a good time o damn i a poet and didn't know it

21. Thanks captmullette :cool:

Many thanks to my daughter and her talents as an aspiring artist, Dave (Dirty Old Man), Tony (Dog_Patch), Brad (Brad's Monster), Scott (drunkandgreasy) and Jimmy (Redsled) for their contributions for the trophies. Reeves RPM Performance in Warner Robins for donating a free dyno session, Kitchen's Towing in Warner Robins for donating a free in town towing and Alan's Alignment for donating a free oil change for the door prizes. Hopefully there are more donations that I am unaware of for the door prizes.

Awesome Bad A, it's gonna be a blast brother :cool:

22. That's this weekend!! Looking forward to it.

23. Ha ha ha - come on Carl! Get her done - and bring her

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Accuweather.com still says partly sunny, lo 66, hi85. No mention of rain.

25. Also I forgot to mention a big thank you and kudos to Jimmy (Redsled) for getting this party started 8 years ago and for the very limited edition t-shirts each and every year. T-shirts were pre-order only but there may be a few extra's available :confused:

26. BAD A

BAD A

How fast are the cars & trucks, That show up?

27. There have been ET's in the 18's and higher all the way down to street legal coupes and sedans in the 10's and 11's. And the majority somewhere in between.

28. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Bad A, have I seen you run at Paradise Drag strip in Calhoun? If so I seem to recall your truck hauls the mail pretty good! ;)

29. Today when Carl was not looking i put down some oil dry for the old 31

30. BAD A

BAD A

I ran at Paradise, a couple of years ago. I like going to events an tracks, that I have never been to before. But this is a long haul for us. The wife an I are talking it over now. Do we come and bring the truck. Which would cost about 7 to 8 Hundred. Or just drive one of our cars down, and watch. Which would be less, than half the cost.:)