Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB Nostalgia Drags @ Reynolds, GA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 17, 2013.

1. Hate to hear that but at least you didn't wipe a lobe at the track. What were you running with the old cam? I couldn't get my coupe out of the low 14's with the stock stall convertor last year, hopefully I will be able to leave the line this year.!? :confused: I bought a 2600 rpm stall but I think it needs a 3000 rpm because the 2600 rpm is acting like a 2300 rpm. If I can't get her to launch I am going back to three pedals :cool: You would think 103 mph through the traps ought to be in the high to mid 13's.

Like Hog Mtn Dave said there are other cars there but usually not enough to hamper our event. We are sharing the track with... well here is the schedule from the track website

<table id="ctrl-27812403" align="Center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="388px"><tbody><tr><td style="border-bottom-color:rgb(179, 173, 143);border-right-color:rgb(179, 173, 143);border-style:none solid solid none;border-width:0px 4px 4px 0px;color:rgb(229, 229, 229);font-family:georgia;font-size:16px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;width:102px;">Sept 14
    </td><td style="border-bottom: 4px solid rgb(179, 173, 143); border-right: 4px solid rgb(179, 173, 143); border-style: none solid solid none; border-width: 0px 4px 4px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; width: 127px;">
    S/ST; Hard Tire S/O;
    Test & Tune; Nostalgia "Run What Ya Brung" Drags, Car Show & Swap Meet
    </td><td style="border-bottom-color:rgb(179, 173, 143);border-style:none none solid;border-width:0px 0px 4px;color:rgb(229, 229, 229);font-family:georgia;font-size:16px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;width:137px;">
    1:00
    </td></tr><tr><td style="border-bottom-color:rgb(179, 173, 143);border-right-color:rgb(179, 173, 143);border-style:none solid solid none;border-width:0px 4px 4px 0px;color:rgb(229, 229, 229);font-family:georgia;font-size:16px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;width:102px;">
    </td><td style="border-bottom-color:rgb(179, 173, 143);border-right-color:rgb(179, 173, 143);border-style:none solid solid none;border-width:0px 4px 4px 0px;color:rgb(229, 229, 229);font-family:georgia;font-size:16px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;width:127px;">
    </td><td style="border-bottom-color:rgb(179, 173, 143);border-style:none none solid;border-width:0px 0px 4px;color:rgb(229, 229, 229);font-family:georgia;font-size:16px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;width:137px;">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    http://www.silverdollarraceway.com/2013-Schedule.html

Thanks! We had a blast! The Flora-Bama never disappoints and the seafood was second to none in Perdido Key :cool:

[​IMG] days til go time :cool:

2. I don't know what the old cam is im going to try to get it when I get home today

3. Oh okay. What et were you running?

4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The "hard tire" class will be having a sort of end of season eliminations. This is a sort of run what you brung class for late models, etc. the rwyb aspect's about car weight and stuff like year of car, etc. with no limits on engine or power adders such as nitrous, but gotta run bonafide street "hard tires".no cheater slicks or drag radials, etc,pretty much limited to regular street tires like Cooper Cobra and BF Goodrich TA Radials.
    My info is from a local friend who runs in the class. From what he said, this is a new class, started this year, and not a lot of cars, said he doubted there'd be more than a dozen of them. Should be all the time you want to run as much as you want.
    On another point, get yourself some good insect repellant, as Reynolds is below the "gnat line"!

5. Oh okay. We are about the same. I think you are quicker but I am faster LOL :D :confused: :cool: I know I have too much tire. Right now I am running a 30.5" inch tall tire with 3.73:1 gears. If I put a 26" or 27" tall tire on it I should be quicker but probably not as fast. Man you are soooooo close to breaking into the 100 mph club :cool:

6. Maybe this year i can break it there where only 10 lobs worn down on the cam I thought it a big cam but just worn out

7. [​IMG] days til go time!

Brad we will try to have one of these stickers waitin' for you :cool:

[​IMG]

8. If i can't make it will you push me lol

9. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I have heard from some of the Southern Slingshots about being there.

10. [​IMG] days til go time and they are racin' by :cool:

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Welcome back, Scot, how was PCB?

12. Thanks Dave. Perdido Key is always a blast and the Flora-Bama never disappoints :cool: How was the racing all weekend?

13. burnout2614

burnout2614

Dog_Patch, gonna outrun you so bad you will think you are backing up!!!..............yeah found the stickers. That face scares all my female passengers!............. Lookin forward to it guys. peace

14. Sounds like he is calling you out dog patch what kind of bet will be going on ?????

15. Wowser Burnout, you must have got that tunnel ram set up right. :cool:

16. ultraclyde

ultraclyde
    from Central GA

Hey guys, I hate to break into such quality smack talk, but what time will folks start hitting the strip? I'm going to come out and watch, maybe take a few pics, and I don't want to miss the action. I know gates open at 1, but that has nothing to do with when the fun starts....

Thanks!

17. From what Mr. Ed Swearingen (track owner) told Dave (Dirty Old Man) and I when this years date was set is the gates open at 1 and racing will begin after the track gets prepped around 2. Come on out, the fun will begin for me and my passenger when I head towards Reynolds in my coupe :D :cool:

[​IMG] days to see if that torque convertor was worth it :rolleyes: I can't tell much difference, seat of the pants wise but it isn't surging at redlights anymore. :cool:

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The side benefit of having the "hard tire shootout" the same day we run is that the track will be well prepped with plenty of stickum on the asphalt. Should make for good traction and good ET numbers.

19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

If you want to use the big grill to cook your supper after races, please bring some charcoal.

20. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

"Should make for good traction and good ET numbers." and lots of cool broken parts to make next years trophies with! :D

21. Hopefully nothing expensive though :eek: :D :cool:

22. Looks like we have a couple grudge races in line :cool:

Let's see....
    Terry from Hog Mtn Garage vs Josh in "The Can 'O Worms" for a headliner
    Burnout has said he is going to show Tony his headlights
    I think Brad may outrun me but we just may have to line up a time or two :cool:
    Who else is calling out who? :confused:

No dial ins or index, just plain straight up racing :cool: "Run What Ya Brung, Hope Ya Brought Enough: :D

23. Sounds like fun to me

24. Lucky3

Lucky3

Sounds like a Kool gig !
    Have fun, be safe and WFO guys ! :D

25. More fun than you can shake a stick at :D
    Yessir Roger it is a way cool gig for sure. :cool: What does WFO mean?

[​IMG] T-minus 8 and counting. And #8 is about to get a push start :cool:

26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

II'm making the guess WFO means "WIDE FUCKING OPEN"

27. I think you're right Dave :D

28. captmullette

captmullette

anybody going up on Friday??