Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB at Silver Dollar Raceway, Reynolds ,GA Oct. 29, 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

A little "visible" carnage from last year, there were a couple more not as photogenic,. Thanks Shaun! DSCN0027.jpg DSCN0028.jpg

Dog_Patch likes this.
  2. Yikes, I forgot all about that :eek:

[​IMG]

3. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

can't wait to get there! One of the best times of the year!

GAOldsman likes this.
  4. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Working on a T shirt deal. The guy last year who can print what you want on site, but was unable to make our rain out date(nor was I), is checking his calendar to see if he can make it this year. Believe me, if he can make it, you'll like his work.

6. To the top!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just a reminder that besides the drags and show, this is also a swap meet!
    Your only cost is your price of admission, spectator or racer as the case may be. You have plenty of room, and virtually unlimited space to display your wares. Anything you want to sell, as long as it's legal and not in competition with the track concession stand.
    Of course bring all the food and drink you want for you and your friends, just don,t sell any, LOL:)
    And of course camping is still free, and we plan to have a big grill for communal use, just bring some charcoal!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  8. [​IMG]

#36 is in the tank so as of Friday we have 35 days to go :cool: Be There!

Dave I found an old timer right here in my back yard to rebuild the Holley for me. So I plan to have it done by this Monday and hopefully by next Monday I'll have her all plumbed with new fuel lines. Stay tuned...

Dog_Patch likes this.
  9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Let us know how it runs when you get it re-installed.

GAOldsman likes this.
  10. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Bringing it back up to the top

11. Got the carb to the guy yesterday evening along with the kit and a handful of flyers. Haven't heard from him yet as to the power valve size that was in it, so I guess he hasn't touched it yet. I did get a chance to run new fittings, braided hose and a Holley 100 micron fuel filter from the tank to the fuel pump. Now to run new steel tubing and fittings from the pump to the regulator. Then yet more fittings, :rolleyes: braided hose and a Holley 40 micron fuel filterfrom the regulator to the carb.

Also in my goodie box was a new t-stat and a much needed driveshaft loop. Now to just find the time to go thrash on the purple nurple :confused: To be continued...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dog_Patch likes this.
  12. BAD A

BAD A

13. Hey Margaret :D Glad it's you again :D :D :D

Got 30 days to get them heaps ready :eek:

[​IMG]

Dog_Patch likes this.
  14. BAD A

BAD A

CRICKETS???????????????

Dog_Patch likes this.
  15. You still wanna run that tired ole model A truck? :D

Dog_Patch likes this.
  16. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

As far as I know, I will be there. Next door neighbor is planning on coming with me. He has the 28 sedan drag car that was at SIM a year ago.

Dog_Patch and GAOldsman like this.
  17. Sweet brother see ya there :cool:

18. BAD A

BAD A

Yea, would love to run ya... The wife has already, taken the Friday off. So we can travel that day. And hopefully get there early, on Saturday. Finally it looks like, we will be able to make it this year. After having to bail, on the last two years. Because of problems. By the way what time do the gates open?

GAOldsman likes this.
  19. Sounds good brother :cool: Website says 10 am.

20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Good news on all who are coming,.
    Have spoken to the guy who was to do T shirts last year, and he was to get with his wife who keeps their schedule, but he hopes to be able to make it. This is the guy who can make the T shirt with a custom photo on it if you want that also, just about any t shirt you want made. Win a trophy? He can take a pic of you holding the trophy and standing/kneeling by your hot rod, and then put it on the back with RWYB poster logo on the front.
    Talked to Ed Swearingen, and among other things, he said there's plenty of wood down for firewood, might need for someone to bring a chain saw! Mine is over 30 years old and hasn't been cranked and used in 2-3 years. Would prolly take half a day to get it running at best. Anybody got a good chain saw they can/will bring?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Dog_Patch and GAOldsman like this.
  21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'm at my wit's end on what to do about T-shirts!
    Three weeks ago I talked to the guy that was gonna do the T shirts last year when everything fell apart because we had a rainout, the T -shirt guy left town, and I missed RWYB on the rainout date because my sister in law died.
    He said he would get back to me after he checked his calender. Apparently life interfered what with him buying a house, moving in, and him having foot surgery, all since I talked to him.
    Finally today I called his wife and they are once again leaving town just ahead of our race date, plus other complications too complicated to write about!
    Only way it can work for his T shirts appears to be for someone to use his camera to take pics for custom shirts with RWYB logo one side your car or whatever else you want on the other side. And that's gonna involve somebody to take the pics, collect the money and give out receipts and send back by me the orders, cash, and canera with pics taken. I ain't gonna have time to do all that shit cause for an old fart like me about all I'm gonna be able to do is unload race and load back up and just generally fart around.
    Anybody got any suggestions or willing to volunteer on the idea above???????????
    The one thing I AIN"T DOING is taking T shirt orders and putting my money in them to get them in advance. Jimmy always wound up paying for shirts that nobody paid him for, not happening to me.

22. BAD A

BAD A

Where are all the trash talking bench racers at? :):):):)

23. Dave I'd venture to say it's too late in the game to pre-order any shirts from anyone else in the business? I don't know. Maybe Jimmy knows that answer?

Anywho I just heard from my guy on the carb and he had a T-bucket in his shop that just got done :mad: Zo here I am waiting on him 2 weeks hoping for the best and now he is just cracking it open. :( Shoulda just bought a new one :eek: :rolleyes: May still do so and have two...

Speedy I hope your truck was black before you painted it. Cause I'm gonna come by that thing so fast, I'm bringing the top couple of coats with me :D :D :D ;)

[​IMG]

22 days and counting... BE THERE!!! K:cool::cool:L

24. BAD A

BAD A

If you do, it will be a wine color. Which might still look OK.

GAOldsman likes this.
  25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Hope that guy who has your carb can be made to understand the time factor here. Expect you feel sorta let down on this much as I do on the Tshirt guy. I prolly would have told him just exactly how I feel about this already if he wasn't a friend and club mate with my son, and his son is working with my son on his Mustang restoration as he does bodywork for a living, thus being a big help on the Mustang.
    I agree it's too late to get up an advance order now and that's why I'm so pissed about this. If these people had told me back when I first asked them about this, that they couldn't/wouldn't do it, then I could have worked something out elsewhere. But I really thought they would get back to me, and they didn't. Sort of wonder if they would have ever gotten around to telling me no if I hadn't called. No more business with them for me is about all I can say. Unless someone is willing to take the pics and handle the paperwork and money, thus getting the shirts made and mailed out after the event, looks like no T shirts this year.

26. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

I'm going to try and talk to a friend that does the Hogs for Hope bike ride/fund raiser. She has shirts done, maybe I can get something going. Hope to see her later in the day and get back on here tonight with some news

27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Good luck with that! Jimmy always did something similar and asked for payment when you got the shirt. And then he would order a few extra, thinking others would want the shirts after they got there.
    When it got down to event day, some people didn't make it, others wanted shirts they hadn't ordered, but what extra he had was the wrong color or size or whatever, and he always wound up with left over shirts that he had paid for out of his pocket.o_O

28. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Since this is last minute, I'm just going with one color shirt and a basic order. Just to get a decent price on the shirts. If it comes through, I'll go from there

GAOldsman likes this.