Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB at Silver Dollar Raceway, Reynolds ,GA Oct. 29, 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Jan 15, 2016.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Glad you reminded me, we got to work something out for T=shirts this year.
    Last year was a real bust on that because of my SIL dying, causing my absence, and the vendor leaving on vacation, all this because we got a long rain out delay.

2. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

This year will be better than ever!! Earlier and WARMER! Can't wait till we get there.

3. First and foremost, thank you for your service and you'll be greatly missed this year brother.

4. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Oct 29 is getting closer. Hot as HELL here now but will start to cool down in OCT. Great weather, warm days, cool night and HOT cars and SFCC members enjoying the event.

5. Woo hell yeah - Woody. It will be here fore you know it. Glad we are doing it when it is cooler. That one year it was in middle of summer - no wind - it was hotter than you could believe even after the sun went down.

6. It was so hot one year Kim lifted up her shirt :rolleyes:

Tudor likes this.
  7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Already got reservations @ the local hotel, just too much hassle to take enough stuff to camp when it includes having to bring a generator to power my C Pap machine. Lemme tell you, this getting old ain't for pansy asses!
    Plan is to recruit Red or someone else to come with me. We'll load BGII on the trailer with slicks already mounted, and my scooter and assorted stuff such as cooler in the truck pulling trailer.
    Then one of us will drive that and the other will drive the '40, as I want to bring it down to add to the car show side of things, no plans at present to run it, as I'm sure that after I lucked out like I did @ SIM, there's gonna be enough people wanting a shot at me to keep me busy, LOL!
    Plan to load BGII back up afterwards and after supper and the campfire, my Designated driver will get the 2 of us to hotel for the night in the '40.
    Next morning we'll be back before yall leave to get the truck, trailer & BGII, and hope some will join us for breakfast in Butler @ "Miss Julie's".
    Got it all planned out, and now I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!!!!!!

GAOldsman likes this.
  8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just a bump back to the top.

9. 100 days until RWYB 11

K:cool::cool:L

[​IMG]

10. About what the mercury is saying :eek:

[​IMG]

Dog_Patch likes this.
  11. Been waiting for the countdown! Woo!

GAOldsman likes this.
  12. Why thank ye Josephus :cool:

Looks like 94 is having a rough go :eek:

[​IMG]

13. captmullette

captmullette

just ordered this for the TATES HELL MULLETTE, don't know if it'll be on it for the rwyb.....also got a new backup girl if anybody is interested.........down......look down 12360288_10206786218827441_8333054537426334919_n.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Dog_Patch and GAOldsman like this.
  14. Very nice BT I am drooling :cool: ^^^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The End ;)

15. One thing I forgot to mention about mechanical injection - the priming thing - either have a buddy squirt it with a bottle to get it to fire, or squirt it yourself. Have an engine start button on the firewall. OR - what I finally did was buy the electric primer deal that Alky sells. You just sit in the seat and hit the primer switch while cranking. I should have done this from the beginning, but at least now I know why I have electric priming. Who knows it might work fine for you. Not everyone uses a primer.

16. Plymouth, eh Tony :cool:
    [​IMG]

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Sock Fuckers met at my shop last Sat. and made up 8 trophies for the event. Still need to do a bit of clean up and maybe a little paint on them, plus decide which one for which award.

Floater03 likes this.
  18. Sounds good Dave. I sure hate I missed it, bet it was a blast.

Whelp 70 days till go time and #70 here done went :D :eek:

[​IMG]

19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Talked on phone today with Ed Swearingen of Sil;ver Dollar Raceway today, and he assures me that all is well for 10/29.\
    I mentioned to him that the web site schedule doesn't show us as part of the 10/29 schedule and he said he'd get that updated. The other 2 parts of that day's event are ones with small car counts and we should have all the time to run that we want.

GAOldsman likes this.
  20. Can't wait to blow the doors off of something

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Getting down in the "short rows", less than 2 months till race day!
    Mullett, hope you got everything secure down there, looks like Hermine is becoming a hurricane and headed your way!

22. So right DOM, wth is everybody and all the trash talk :confused::confused::confused:

[​IMG]

Days till go time! BE THERE!!
    :cool: :cool: K
    :cool::cool:L :cool: :cool:

23. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Been away for awhile, here's a few shots from last years event, DSCN0026.jpg DSCN0006.jpg DSCN0026.jpg DSCN0006.jpg DSCN0007.jpg DSCN0007.jpg DSCN0008.jpg DSCN0002.jpg DSCN0024.jpg

GAOldsman likes this.
  24. Great pics Mark :cool:

25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Took a looksee over on SilverDollarRaceway.com awhile ago and the "Hot Rod Nostalgia Drags" are listed on the schedule for Oct.29.

26. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Bringing it to the top!