Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB at Silver Dollar Raceway, Reynolds ,GA Oct. 29, 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Yes there are and no doubt they rock. If I could afford one I would in a minute. Bottom line I need to come up with naturally aspirated and otherwise trophies I guess :confused:

2. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Damn Scot, was talking to my Dad a while back and he was telling me about the boxes of trophies he just gave away cuz my Mom said they take up too much room. Woulda been cool to repurpose those I bet... DSCN0004.jpg DSCN0008.jpg DSCN0013.jpg

GAOldsman likes this.
  3. No doubt Mark. Great pics brother :cool:

4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Hey Josephus, you gonna have that pickup ready for RWYB? Am I remembering correctly that you also have a nailhead powered roadster in the works, or did I dream that or sumpin?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  5. Tudor and Dog_Patch like this.
  6. Tim! What's up brother? :cool:

7. Was just thinking about you the other day TIM!!! Come on brother.

8. DOM,
    The truck better be done! Working on getting it to Louisville right now. Should be shook down by Reynolds. Working on getting some stuff sold to try and get into a roadster. Got plenty of Nailheads. We'll see.

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Grumpy Ed has an "A" roadster, Henry steel, don't know if he still has future plans for it now or not, since he's built that beautiful '55.

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tudor, are you planning on bringing the yellow deuce or Gorilla?

11. If I still have GoRilla I will bring it! Won't be long we will be there!

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'm gonna put a shift light on BGII, bump the rev limiter up a bit, and maybe even change the spark plugs before RWYB. The plugs haven't even been out of the heads since I first cranked the engine.
    All this 'cause I expect I'm gonna have a few guys gunning for me after SIM! :)

GAOldsman likes this.
  13. Sounds like a plan Dave :cool:

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Scot, how is the coupe running now that you solved the excess fuel pressure problem?

15. Just scraped up the dough to place the next order. It isn't Dave. Put new plugs and is dry fouling them all. I ordered 8 more plugs, msd cap, rotor button, timing tape and other goodies to run hardline from pump to regulator and back to the tank.

16. It is running but poorly to answer your question. I still believe it is in the powervalve, but will start over and go from there. I don't think the timing is off, it is gear driven, no chain. Honestly I think the timing is dead on, but will be 1st on the list to check when I change the plugs, cap & button.

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Only 3 months till the event, so we all need to put some priority on our cars to get them ready!

Tudor likes this.
  18. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

"Borrowed" this shot to bring this Shawn crossed up.jpg thread back to the top. Shawn crossing it up at Night of Fire!

Attached Files:

Dog_Patch and Tudor like this.
  19. Time Flies Man! Will be here before you know it. I heard Blacksmith Tom was bringing a car this year! Jeff Mudler too!!

Dog_Patch and GAOldsman like this.
  20. I hope mine is reliable again by then :eek: :confused:

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Got just a couple more things to do to the '40 coupe (still trying to think of a good name for that car), and then I'll get on BGII and try to get just a bit more speed! But my biggest place for improvement is me!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  22. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Still kinda new here. I never knew what BGII meant.

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Woody, the story goes back a number of years, and starts when I bought my shop building in 1986:
    My daily driver was an OT '79 Mustang Cobra painted silver grey metallic. A guy turned left in front of me and I nailed him hard, bent his Mazda on the other side!
    When I got the Mustang repaired I knew from past experience that the paint was almost impossible to match, so I got the car painted black.
    Next door to the shop was a ramshackle old house wherein lived a black family headed up by an old man about 75-80 yrs. old. He and I used to be in the shop till late at night, as I was at that time working on the interior of the building which was a wreck inside when I bought it. Other times I would quit work early and he and I would sit and talk and sip on cups of Evan Williams and water that I kept in the fridge. His name was Willie C. Collier, and I called him Willie C. When I got that Mustang painted black, he immediately named it "Black Gal", and it stuck.
    The Mustang, Willie C. and the old ramshackle house are all gone now, but when I built BGII, I named it BGII as an abbreviation of Black Gal II in Willie C's honor.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  24. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Cool story. Thanks for insight.

25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

26. Dave, Oct 29, Reynolds, GA...I'm coming for ya' man!
    July 6 2016 Progress.jpg

GAOldsman, Tudor and Dog_Patch like this.
  27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tom, that's a great looking roadster, and I'm very happy you're coming to SDR with it. It will make a welcome upgrade to the cars there for sure.
    As for "coming for ya", well, just take a number! After all the mishaps and problems others had while running me @ SIM, there's gonna be several others "coming for me" LOL!!!!

GAOldsman and Tudor like this.
  28. Wow - the car is looking good Tom!

29. 01mikep

01mikep
    from California

To all those who hesitate coming out to support this great meeting. I came out the last two years and had s blast. I'm a military guy and out of country for the next few years and wishi could make it but can't.

Hey, some one get me a t-shirt, I'll pay pal ya!