Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB at Silver Dollar Raceway, Reynolds ,GA Oct. 29, 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Jan 15, 2016.

1. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

No I froze in the back of my pickup. FT Wayne for me for sure this time. Think Mark stayed there last year?

2. They changed the restaurant and hotel's name to the Cotton Gin or something like that. The store is still named Ft. Wayne IIRC. Dunno if it changed hands or just the name :confused: I know my bank statement said Ft Wayne when I last ate there though, so maybe it just changed names.

3. I think Russ and Mark stayed there last time.

4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Guess I'll call Ed sometime and ask him about whether it's just a name change or ownership change.
    I do plan to get a room there this year because: (1) That old popup is about to fall apart and son and I need it to last awhile longer for our annual AMS trips (2) Real PITA to bring along a gen so I can use my C-Pap machine to breathe at night, etc.

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Jimmy "Redsled" Whitley tellss me it's still the same people and all. Just changed the name. I guess it's a marketing thing.

GAOldsman likes this.
  6. Won't be long and it'll be OCTOBER!! :) Looking forward to it.

GAOldsman likes this.
  7. I figured as much. Mayberry, I mean Reynolds is trying to spruce up a bit :D Even raised the speed limits :cool:

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

GDOT has the last word on speed limits on roads designated as state highways.

9. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

As someone who probably won't have their race car ready for SIM, I am pumped for RWYB this year :D

Excited the date got moved to October

GAOldsman likes this.
  10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

11. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

This thing sure dive bombs to the bottom all the time. Wish they had a section for yearly events that are regional and not just national events.

12. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Bringing it back to the top. Not trying to crash the thread,but, trying to help Quain and SEG's get that date with US-19 Dragway in the books. Any one here that can get the word spread in the Albany area?

13. I'm confused about your post Mark?? If anything we need the word about RWYB to get out. I have a hard time trying to get the locals informed about our event, much less having to contend with yet another event elsewhere :confused:

14. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Sorry Scot, I guess I should have worded it different. Hell, I would much rather see the SEG's run Reynolds with us. I just noticed that they had a tenetive date in Albany and we could maybe get the word out for Quain and the guys. Maybe that could put the bug in Ed's ear(or whoever is running the show now) about how big of a gate draw these guys are. A win...win situation maybe?

15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Glad you cleared things up there Mark. I called Quain to ask him about it, and he said he is negotiating with the promoter at Albany about a possible race date there. He asked me to pass along the word that he appreciated your efforts, but would prefer that you start a thread, addressed to the fans and spectators @ Albany about this tentative race there, rather than putting it on this thread promoting RWYB @ Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA.
    The situation for this year at least at SDR is sorta tangled up in the transfer of ownership and operation to the new owner, and there isn't much hope for SEG to come to SDR this year.
    Ed has promised to introduce me and a representative of SEG to the new owner at some time in the future, and we hope to get him to watch a video of SEG action and crowd draw so he can understand the uniqueness of the SEG group.

16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Think I'll do a little roadster cruising today, as it's supposed to be a nice day, cloudy, but about 10* warmer than yesterday.
    Tomorrow is forecast for rain, so I plan to try out my new lug nut system in the shop. If all works well, I'm considering a trip down to SDR soon for a trial run or two before Steel in Motion May 14.
    Wondering if I should go to SDR on a Fri. test and tune day, or pick a Sat. as Fri. can get mighty busy what with test and tune, grudge racing, etc. Gotta go over to SDR site and look over the schedulefor next few weeks I guess.

GAOldsman likes this.
  17. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Depending on what day you choose I might drive my A down with you just to get miles on it before SIM in May. Let me know when you are going.

18. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Yea Dave, I just got a little excited when I saw the SEG schedule, Albany is a short drive from here so hoping that Quain is able to set a date. I talk about RWYB all the time when shows/racing are brought up in conversations. Getting the word spread around as much as possible.

GAOldsman likes this.
  19. I think what this event needs is a flyer...

[​IMG]

20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Cool beans Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. I like to watch.

22. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Thanks Andrew! Copied,pasted and printed. Time to distribute!

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'm never sure when to put out posters, as you want folks to see them of course but if you put them up too early folks see them, and whoever runs the place where you put them up (assuming a commercial location) gets tired of seeing them and takes them down before the event and folks forget the date.
    Or do you wait till only a month or so ahead so the posters will still be up and then folks have already made other plans.
    Hard to say what is best. Thoughts?????????????

24. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

I know what you mean Dave. I go several different routes myself. I have the pleasure of an endless paper supply so I can print an ass load of copies and keep some in the car(s) to hand out where ever I might be. At work I post em on bulliten boards all over the facility, if it gets taken down, I hope its by some interested person to take home, so I repost with a stack, kinda like a take one home kind of thing . Needless to say, RWYB gets promoted when ever and where ever I get the opportunity.

GAOldsman likes this.
  25. Dave it's best to get them out early enough to where hopefully folks will jot it down on their calendar or better yet have a flyer to take to their shop and pin it up :cool:

Thanks again Andrew :cool:

26. I think that's Vegaracechick in the passenger seat of the delivery ;) hard to tell from here.

27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just a bump back to the top.

28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

29. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Only seven (7) months now till race weekend, don't let it slip up on you!

30. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Can't wait. Best event I have been to. SFCC do it better.