The Jalopy Journal
Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty Cheese, Nov 12, 2010.
I decided to run the wires inside. I should get it all tacked together tomorrow.
Got the gauges back in. Still needs some work, but should look good after I get it covered. Lots of wires in a small space...
More nerf bar pics with wires...
I like the Nerf bar.
Good looking build!
very nice build
"29 sedans rock!
hahah, thats some funny shit there buddy, good thing you had some practice!! You still need some of that punch plate?
i agree with the others, you are very talented!
curt,you can bring it back to wisc. ........great build !
Just a little... If you have some. You know anyone w 14" chevy rims?
Sewed up some check straps and added a wheat penny with a Chicago screw.
No more 80's anodized red valve covers. I tried the eastwood anodized remover save your money doesn't work. Did it the old fashion way with a wire wheel, took for ever. Then added some subtle pin stripping.
Check strap? Wheat Penny? Chicago Screw?
What are we on Mars here? what the fuck is a Chicago Screw? lol
Nice work...the car is really nice...really nice fab work!!!
Got the nerf bar welded, painted, wired and mounted. If all else fails check to see if the light bulb is burnt out.
It is just a type of screw... My buddy made a jig to bend coins and then we solder the screw or snaps in the coin.
I was just being silly...
I like the coin idea
One more pic...
Started working on the front Nerf bar. I had some tube that was from an old motorcycle hard bags, that I though I could cut up.
Cut up and mocked up...
New Rocket wheels on the rear.
nice wheels man, hope your chimney is still sticken outta the snow, maybe by sat we will be in a flood watch?
Hey Curt, any updates?
No new updates. New baby and the 64 Econoline van are taking up all my time... If it ain't broke don't fix it!
A buddy of mine gave me some left over carpet that I tried to make the most of. I knew it wasn't enough to cover the tunnel so I had to come up with something else. I diamond pleated it with some light weight headliner foam. The diamonds looked good but I wanted more shape with the foam. Never giving up that I could use the carpet I bound all the edges and looked pretty good. But I was short on the sides and behind the seats. Because I cant seem to get anything done on the first try here is a picture of the Interior that is now in the trash. Better luck next time.
I decided to slow down and do it right... So I had to add some sheet metal behind the seat to cover some dead space. That is the old carpet that was too short.
The new sheet metal in place and covered in a layer of foil. The rear door panel pattern is cut and just clecoed into place.
Two layers glued down.
Ive been trying to figure out how to box in the back seat area and the rear deck lid. It took me a lot of trial and error and each pattern got better and better so this is what I can up with.
Ive got the Lexan ordered for the rear windows, then Ill make my final pattern
The Jute for the next layer on the floor should be here this week. I also ordered the old school Trinidad carpet. Not cheap at over $80 a yard
Separate names with a comma.