Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rusty 47 Ford Reserection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thats awsome Rik thanks! I asume he means 5.5 vertical on the B pillar ? It would not look so radical if it was 5.5 on the angle of the A pillar . I dont suppose he has any progress pics of the chop he did on the clone that he would be kind enough to let you scan :)? Please thank him for the info regardless, and thank you Rik, once again!

Steve

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks for the kind words.You should see the rotten 50 Meteor (Canadian Ford) I have ...makes the 47 look mint lol ! Not sure what I will do with it yet but I do have a set of 2 door doors for the kustom makeover...I have never sectioned a car before.....so that may come into play :D

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks man! I hope it will inspire some people on here to think twice about what they can do with a rusty car or parts thereof , some supplies and a welder and some time...if you dont think you have the skills you certainly will after a project like this !

4. BuilderRhys

BuilderRhys

Love this build thread. I feel the same way, rusty Canadian cars, welding machine, a cold, long winter, build till you drop and what ever happens, happens. P.S. tons of Merc Coupe parts out my way. Regards, Rhys.

5. koolkemp

koolkemp

Think ya could find me a decent trunk lid :) ?? I am chompin at the bit to get back on it, but my Grandmother passed away a couple of days ago so needless to say I prolly wont get near it till next weekend , lotsa stuff to deal with htis week.

6. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Hey Steve. Hard way to be welcomed home...

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

Ya no kidding Joe...at least I will get to catch up with some relatives from outta town....

8. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Hard way but ya gotta find the good where you can. It sounded like she wasn't very well for a while.
    Gee... how is Cruizer gonna do with all the relatives visiting.
    Or maybe I should ask.. how are the relatives gonna do?

I'll PM you...

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

Lol we had to put him out on his dog house while everyone was here last night....in the rain...in all the mud....what a mess !! No she wasnt well its hard to say it , but she is truly better off .

10. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Good luck on the week.....

11. rustyhood

rustyhood

I stopped by to see your progress and remembered you're work course. Duh! haha,
    I'll check back later, hope all goes well on your travel. Dan

12. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Thought I had taken on a major project by clipping a 57 Delivery and a 58 Edsel wagon together. Nothing compared to what you are doing. The best motivator is the person who says it won't work, or can't be done. Great build , keep on cuttin and weldin. You can see my project under the Montana Hamber's listing. You have probably helped to inspire and motivate many. Thanks

13. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks for the compliments guys! I am back home but had a death in the family and have been sick all week...fun stuff! I will get some stuff done this weekend, depending on how the energy level is, I did get the drivers side trunk hinge repaired and re-attached gonna try and get some de-rusting done on the coupe shell and maybe start some cutting on the sedan...stay tuned! I have received lots of inspiration from lots of built from junk threads here on the Hamb ...only too happy to try and provide a little incentive to others, if you want it bad enough you will get it!

14. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

junk?? you referring to mine?? lol... i havent done anything for a few weeks,, hopefully this weekend the firewall and floor go in..

15. rustyhood

rustyhood

Sorry to read about losing a family member, My Condolences to you and your family.
    It may be awhile before I can check on your build, Im doing that move to Ohio this weekend. After I get settled in and the garage set up I hope to be gettin another build. You're doing a fine job! Dan

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks guys by the time you get moved Rusty there should be some picsw worth lookin at! I sanded and de rusted alot of the coupe roof and quarters, and got some new fastners to put the doors on, its a long weekend here this weekend so I am gonna TRY and sandblast/prime the coupe shell, and get the doors hung and roof removed from the sedan body...and if I can round up some help maybe start to mate the two together,assuming the wife doesnt have other plans for me!

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

Make sure to update your build thread eh!

18. koolkemp

koolkemp

Got some shit done today been messin with trying to get the roof skin as clean as possible so I wouldnt have to blast it much...so after endless hours of cleaning with wire brushes, 3M strip wheels and lottsa sandpaper, and multiple scrubings with some phosphoric acid it was time for my least favorite car related job...sandblasting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is where I had to rebuild the hinge mount on the drivers side of the trunk lid.

[​IMG]

Spent a couple of hors last night cleaning up the underside of the roof with the mini grinder so I can give it a light blasting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Too many hours later......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. koolkemp

koolkemp

I like to sand the outer body areas that have been blasted before I prime them, glutton for punishment I guess lol . I will give it a good scrub with some metal prep one last time before it gets some epoxy today. As soon as thats done out come the B pillars on the 4 door body and I am gonna fit up the longer doors before the roof gets amputated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

wow---i used to think i had a lot of work in my 40. til i read your thread, that is. way to go---another one saved. marty

22. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Again .... I am inspired by your dedication & work.

I'm sorry for your loss (in the family) too.

PACO

23. 416Ford

416Ford

Steve, I would love to see the looks on people faces when it's done and you tell them it a 4 door.
    Your doing a great job, keep up the great work. Salvage those B pillers, I am sure some can use them to fix there car like I did.

24. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Great work and dedication. You're making a nice coupe out of 2 rust bucket parts cars that most guys would let rust back into the ground. This level of building up from rust is usually only seen on early 30's coupes and open cars.

25. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

when theres something to update i will :)

26. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Steve.. you're a wild man! Lookin good, dude.
    Compared to what I saw that day we were up, that is progress.
    Now get cuttin!
    Brave man... brave.
    You and Rick are crazy.. in a good way.
    I hope to get back at my pile 'o parts sometime this week. Hospital slowed me down a bit.

27. koolkemp

koolkemp

The B pillars will get saved alright I need them to repair the bottom of the B pillars on the coupe shell :D since I already fixed em, they should be easier than fabbing up some new ones, since I know how long that takes !

28. koolkemp

koolkemp

I have been called alot worse than crazy :rolleyes: what were ya in the hospital for, the fine cuisine ?

29. koolkemp

koolkemp

Around here there isnt much left in the way of 30,s cars ...but theres more than enough rust on the 40,s cars to make up for it !

30. koolkemp

koolkemp

So I finally got some epoxy on the coupe carcass , hurray ! Seems like a big chore outta the way

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]