Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rusty 47 Ford Reserection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

From one master to another! :D I cant believe how much I like the dark blue...I wasnt sure about the blue , but I really like this,thanks yet again Eli!

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thanks again Steve and everyone else. And yes, to get the nod from James D is pretty cool given his level of photoshop skill. I'm still learning this stuff and its a lot of fun to work on projects like this. I learn something every time.
    Gotta confess though, the intent of the first photo was to be the black version. Shows that I still have a ways to go to learn this photoshop stuff. lol
    Anyway, here is the dark green version. I can't reproduce the gold color like I did the maroon and green cars so that'll be a clean sheet. Did you want shiney or suede Steve?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. koolkemp

koolkemp

It will definitely be suede for the first go round ...I think lol! Damn and the green looks sweet too...I thought the 1st pic was black but assumed it was blue after DVS said it was lol!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  4. AlDeBear

AlDeBear
    from Florida

Koolkemp, I've REALLY been enjoying watching your build thread! It's great the way all these guys are pitching in with offers and Photoshop renderings, isn't it? WOW! My build, a '47 Ford Tudor, in it's infancy, NEVER gonna be as cool as yours but I've learned a lot from watching and reading your thread. Came across this yesterday while reading some old Popular Mechanics magazines. Thought, if nothing else, you might enjoy seeing it. Keep up the good work! It is a one-off 2005 Holden Efijy. More pics here

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/a...GalleryType=2&ImageID=1&ReferringArticleID=-1

Cool, huh? Keep up the good work! AlDeBear :)
    [​IMG]

5. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

6. JAWS

JAWS

WOW!!!! This is what I like about limited internet. So much progress in so little time.

Great work steve.

Eli, love the photoshoppin'.

7. redzula

redzula

I like the white and the dark blue colors they look good.

btw I have been reading all 65 pages the last few days inbetween work, class, and sleep. and WOW is about all I can say. the ambition to fix it up, cut it up fix it up again, rinse lather repeat, is incredible. I skipped ahead to the last page early on and saw a coupe and got really confused so I had to reread the whole thing. no cheating here you never know what will happen next. keep up the good work and if i can somehow manage half of your skill my projects will at least have a fighting chance.

good work

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks Jaws! Hows the Chevy likin its new home in Hawaii ?

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

I like the white too for some strange reason? I am thinking maybe white suede for a temp paint job...but I think a final paint has to be a dark color. Good to see I reeled you in with the 4 door pics :D The only way I got my skills was a bit of imagination , and the inability to pay someone to do it for me ! Really a low buck project like this is a great way to teach your self some new skills. I am getting better with age though I "usually" get it right the first time now and dont have to redo stuff :rolleyes:

Again thanks for all the kind words guys ,I will have some pics up after the weekend!

11. 59ab

59ab

I am sure enjoying this thread!!!!

12. I was thinking that for final colour with red accents and interior. A dark colour will tend to hide the subtle body creases. IMO.

Doug.

13. koolkemp

koolkemp

Food for thought eh ...dont give me any more ideas lol!:D Oh I will slide in a little reminder to ask your friend about some of those truck headlight rings :rolleyes:

Heres a few pics of the start of the grille...this aint gonna be a bolt in swap lol!!

[​IMG]

I know you guys will be happy to see the old grille gone!

[​IMG]

I trimmed the top surround up to the reveal lines then cleaned it all up front and back, and tacked it back on (I had marked the fenders to make sure I got it back in the same position)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the first mock up of the 42 grille...a long way to go yet but I had to share :D hopefully tomorrow will be productive !

oliver westlund likes this.
  14. banditomerc

banditomerc

Way to go Steve!don't stop now,who needs sleep anyway.Gonna look sweet.

15. jerseymike

jerseymike

grille looks better already. can't wait to see the front end all fitted in.

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thats a major improvement!

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks Dave ! Its not the lack of sleep that stops me...it my damn back !!:mad:

18. koolkemp

koolkemp

Amazing eh ! i wish it was as easy to fabricate as you make it look in photoshop ;)

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks Mike ,hopefully it will look a little more complete tomorrow !

20. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Lol, yeah I had the easy part! I like the way you sank the center piece into the surround.
    Btw, working on the gold suede version, should have it in a couple days.

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

Kool, I am looking forward to it Eli ! I will box in the center piece,most likely ...I gotta put the hood on and do some thinking, I am pretty sure I will have to do some cuttin on the hood....or lower the center piece a bit more...I had to cut a hole in the splashpan already to fit it in ...the 42 must have a completely different pan as well....nothing a few cut off wheels wont fix :D

22. Blackroad

Blackroad
    from Sydney

Great to see the project on the move again, love the dark blue in the photoshop, seeing those photos must spur you on. Keep up the great work.

23. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Man this thing is going to look SO GOOD. im so happy to see a 47 being turned into a tail dragger... honestly its the only way i think they look good :eek:

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

Its funny that you mention this...these cars dont do much for me unless they are tail draggers ...chopped of coarse !

Great to see the project on the move again, love the dark blue in the photoshop, seeing those photos must spur you on. Keep up the great work.

Thanks its been a while...havent really touched it since April :eek: Its cold now and I have a real furnace in the shop so its time to make some progress!

25. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

My gosh, great looking work on the metal...and I love the grill as well

26. rustydibris

rustydibris

I like dark red one photo shoped a page back.

Your car has come along way ... all 4 doors in total haha. looks good

27. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Well let me know if I can help. Moving those parts around in photoshop is pretty easy, especially with the nice clear pictures you take.

28. oldman2

oldman2

Nice start to the grill area, take care of the old back....Jim

29. damnfingers

damnfingers

What an improvement! And the best part about it is it can only get better!

30. fitzee

fitzee

Hay that is cool.. Your at your car agian thats great.. Guess it is my turn!! lol..