Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rusty 47 Ford Reserection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

sweet nice job..................................................good look

2. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Keep up the great work.

3. Beebeebobby

Beebeebobby
    from Webb City

I think I need to hang up my tools and find a different thing to be doing...Either that or take a welding class. Can an old man learn to do this? Inspiration...extreme humility here...Wonderful skill and workmanship even the photoshop inspirations help...Thanks for being here.-Bob

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

Of coarse you can ! I taught myself when I was younger cause it always interested me if you can cut and weld steel and know how to use a tape measure :rolleyes: you can do it ! Its not really complicated I just think it through , usually as I am doing something...I dont usually have more than a loose idea it sorta works its way out as I go along, if that makes any sense ! Thanks for the compliments, if ya ever got any questions about anything on this thread shoot me a pm.

5. fitzee

fitzee

Loose idea is so right. I do it much the same way. One quick tip is not to look at a project all over. attack it in small jobs and don`t worry about anything else. It will over whelm you if you try to.

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

Couldnt say it any better Fitzee ...also if something has me scratching my head on how to tackle it, I will just do something else that needs to be crossed off the list while I think about it for a bit longer then jump in :D

7. fitzee

fitzee

I`m opposite of that. if I can`t figure it out it need to be addressed so I can figure it out. I build each project in my head first then jump into it.if there is a problem with something, I can`t get my head around anything else till that problem is solved.doing one such project right now like that.My front clip.

8. rustyhood

rustyhood

Wow! You sir have totally blown my mind! Your vision and execution of your talent is amazing! You are one hell of a builder! From page one to my post absolute quality.
    Damn that is looking awesome! I enjoyed every page. Keep it up!

9. brokenman

brokenman

wow, can't wait to see more progress pictures.Good luck!

10. Very good work so far . We are at a definite disadvantage over here on the East Coast arent we in regaurds of what we are starting out with . Rust issues to the max . Did I see that you mentioned that you were going to chop the Ford? That would look good. A lot of work but well worth it . What part of N.S. you in ? I am in Moncton ...

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

Prolly wont be for a couple of weeks I am trying to get some more heat, some insulation and proper power run out to my primative shop so I might be a little more comfy this winter...which means I can get a bit more work done.

12. Finally figured out how to subscribe. Haha

13. rustyhood

rustyhood

This summer sure cranked by! Cold weather sucks! Looking forward to your next update.

14. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

if you get heat in your shop steve, let me know, i will bring the falcon over lol

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

I guess that means you are able to keep her?(I hope) ...hey with another body in the shop it just might be warm enough lol! My main concern right now is to get the electricity hooked up ...I got a couple of infared heaters to supplement the salamander, but cant use them till I got some real power...after that a $100 worth of insulation should makes things much more bearable !

16. flthd

flthd

Man great job, my 47's about the same shape,look forward to seeing more.

17. fitzee

fitzee

You got power yet? The 47 is calling out to be worked on.I can here it from here. weld me!!weld me!!

18. hasty

hasty

Wow, thats a lot of work. Good luck with the rest of the build.

19. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Damn, that's an amazing build!

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks man ! I hope to be back on it in the couple of weeks or so, I need a welding fix lol!

21. # 731 What an idiot I am . After all your work I ask are you gonna chop this thing . I did not know how the threads worked . Duh!! I dont think I would be any dumber if I had a frontal lobotomy LOL!!!!

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

Haha you will get the hang of it...lots to learn around this place!

23. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

im going to keep it,, wife goes before the falcon does...

and i finally got a new welder :)

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

Right on thats great...and I agree about the wife :D Are ya back at work as well? (I hope)

25. kopperkart

kopperkart
    from Wisconsin

You are a magician! Just found this thread and couldn't stop until I looked at all 38 pages. Inspirational stuff for this rust belt resident.

26. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Steve you're a LEGEND! Inspirational stuff, can't wait to see more. Off to the shed now...

27. JAWS

JAWS

Steve, get back to work!!

I need some pictures to feed this craving thing.....

28. You sir are my Hero! Very inspirational and a very cool car. Take any advise Rikster gives!
    You should call the Guiness book of records, there cannot be another car on the planet with more miles of weld than yours. One day you should figure out how much there is. Loking forward to future progress.

29. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

yep,, back to work inside a nice hot building doing maintenance, and offers are coming in almost evry day,, so i have a short list to go over. Not sure i wanna climb under big trucks anymore (especially this winter),,,