Register now to get rid of these ads!

rust replacement sills for 55 Buick?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big hugh ness, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Guys, is there such a thing? I know you definitely cannot buy them in my home town, but is there anyone who makes replacement sill panels for these old girls?
    I've tried googlin' in, but zippo so far.
    My 55 century's needing a bit of treatment, and I am feelin' the love...

2. Normbc9

Normbc9

Try c2cfabrication.com They have supplied me with may different vehicle panels and floor pans. They do have an online catalog too/ What I have purchased usually fits the first time or with minimal coaxing.
    Normbc9

3. Many thanks mate. I will chase 'em up.
    Peter

4. I slice off a cross section of the original piece, and take it to the sheetmetal shop. They should be able to break some new ones. I got tired of the crap the aftermarket sells.

5. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

yep that will work, I made a cardboard template of the outside shape and a local guy rolled them up, fitted perfect.

6. I was put onto this really nice guy on ebay (Now stop that! Sometimes you can find a real treasure on eBay, and here's proof. mind you, I've only just ordered them, but a guy from the HAMB put me onto this seller and from what I have seen and heard of his work, it's good quality. I won't put his contact down here, for privacy's sake, but, really just search for "Rocker Body Patch Panel" on eBay and you've found him. Anyway, here's my little lot ready to pack and send. The quarter panel just sneaks inside the size/weight restriction, so it's cool.
    I'll let you know what I reckon once they arrive.[​IMG]

7. clarky1966

clarky1966

How much were these? Man, I wish I had gotten that lower quarter patch for mine. I had to make mine and still didn't get it to suit me. If it is cheap enough, I may cut mine out and start again. Those are fine looking pieces there.

8. Hi. $200 for the quarter panel. $65 for the sills. $125 shipping to Australia, which was pretty reasonable, methinks, especially since I have had a couple of other guys give him a good thumbs up for quality work. Agreed, they look nice. (They will be the best bits on the car)