Register now to get rid of these ads!

Russian Hot Rod Race Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodNisse, Mar 2, 2010.

1. HotRodNisse

HotRodNisse

Attached Files:

2. oj

oj

That is a beautiful piece of work. They nailed that thing, wow.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Gorgeous... First time I've seen or heard of it.

4. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Looks like a re-creation, it would be nice to have an english interpretation of the web site.

Prefer the original in the B/W picture

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

WOW!!!!

That number(?) is going to be the new 42B.

6. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Amazing............ beautiful car!

7. Deuces

Deuces

Looks Kool!!!

8. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Wow how Deco can you get? That's cool!
    I'd like to see it and the Hoodlum together.Voila!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. I had a hard time reading the article. Does anybody know what the history of this car and what it is running for a motor?

10. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

A bubble top on a roadster style body. Leave it to the russians. Nice cold weather idea or a lake car idea. Wild

11. farther down the site there's an old picture - the one above looks like a new version, unless there were multiple copies:

[​IMG]

12. Never mind, the line I was looking at is left side only:

[​IMG]

13. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Best i could get using the www

On February, 25th on the closed presentation in a museum "Avtovill" to journalists promise to present the Soviet racing car ГЛ-1 recreated by "Kuzovnoj of masterful Bushueva». ГЛ-1 is the first Soviet racing car created by automobile factory. Evgenie Agitov was its designer. It is the unique car with surprising destiny: designed in 1938 and destroyed under obscure circumstances, the car has been recreated on Alexander Zaharova's drawings later 70 years and is unique in the world. This year restored ГЛ-1 becomes the person of an exhibition «Sorokin's Oldtajmer-gallery Ili». The car to journalists will be presented by Alexander Bushuev, the head «Kuzovnoj of masterful Bushueva» and artist Alexander Zaharov.
    Initial variant ГЛ-1 has been constructed on Gaza in 1938 on the basis of the serial car GAS М-1. The design of the car was unique for the time — under the form and on colour the car reminded oceanic fish: a flat wide tail, a transparent bubble of a cap over a place of the driver, a roundish lattice of a radiator, a streamline wingless body.
    Debut ГЛ-1 has taken place in 1938 at competitions in Kiev Valery Tchkalov was which main judge. The new racing car was represented by its pilot - the technician-verifier Gaza Arcady Nikolaev. In 1940 under the direction of Agitova has been constructed ГЛ-1 the second generation.
    On September, 22nd, 1940 Arcady Nikolaev has established on ГЛ-1 the second generation the All-Union record of speed – 161,9 km/h. It has passed 1000 metres from a place for 35,5 seconds. ГЛ-1 the second generation became avant-guard of factory workings out, the fastest car of Soviet Union.
    Both generations ГЛ-1 were lost under obscure circumstances. Under one version, they have been cut at factory, as well as many cars which have not gone to a series. On another – are destroyed during one of bombardments Gaza.
    After war Arcady Nikolaev realised itself as the scientist. It has taken part in many confidential state projects, brightest of which – successful expedition to a pole of inaccessibility of Antarctica. Evgenie Agitova's destiny has developed tragically. Projects over which it worked, have been frozen"during war, and the designer has committed suicide.
    But in 70-s' years the theme gone ГЛ-1 has unexpectedly received new sounding. Artist Alexander Zaharovym had been created its first colour artistic image in details recreated on photos. Drawing of the red racing car has been published on last page of magazine "At the wheel".
    In 2010 ГЛ-1 the second generation has been restored. On the basis of Alexander Zaharova's drawing and under the drawings reproduced on escaped photos, it has been anew constructed «by Kuzovnoj Alexander Bushueva's manufactory». Works over ГЛ-1 lasted more than three years and have come to the end exactly in seventy years after car occurrence on light.

14. the-rodster

the-rodster

Wide whites don't work for me....

Rich

15. Bet my old '34 GAZ will never look that good. :eek:

16. Asymmetrical roof, my brain hurts.

17. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

18. WOW, how cool is that.

19. HotRodNisse

HotRodNisse

20. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

looks pretty damn good

21. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Appropriate color.

22. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

36 Ford hood sides?

23. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Great styling! As said before, beautiful. Also love the graphics!:D

Nostrovia!

24. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That thing is sweet!

25. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Pretty bitchin!! I agree, they should have stuck to the rolling stock from the photos. Still is bad ass though either way.

26. 56truk

56truk
    from piqua,ohio

Great Post!!

27. This is the kind of history the HAMB brings me daily. How cool would it be to see it at Bonneville?

28. thinkfink

thinkfink

excellent stuff. thanks for sharing!...
    reminds me of the 1937 matford record car (French ford racer with a flathead and zephyrish grill) can't find a pic right now...

29. no shit! thats very smooth, flows and just in general damn cool in my book!

30. Is that traditional tractor grill ? :eek: