Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs russ meeks sectioned nomad missing emblem

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by madwagon56, Jan 16, 2009.

1. madwagon56

madwagon56

just wanted to drop a line and thank desertratrod and squablow for helping me figure out what this emblem was. russ wouldnt tell me or anybody what it was and that it took five parts to make it. but thanks to the H.A.M.B workers i have the only part i was missing to car. here are some pictures of the emblems i got for the car they fit like a glove. they turned out to be 65-67 ford ltd rood pillar emblems thanks again madwagon

Attached Files:

2. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

the guys here are great,,,,any question you post,,someone will have the answer,,,,

just curious,,,why the hell wouldn't russ tell you what it was?

3. Chad s

Chad s

Why wouldnt Russ Meeks tell you? Just to be difficult?

Id think most guys would be happy to help see their car get restored to original condition.

4. madwagon56

madwagon56

just to be difficult!!!! he had the emblems but would never tell anyone who i had ask him what they were. but as i said thanks to the H.A.M.B the problem got solved. i only wish russ the best but at sometime him and the car are going to collide. be ready cause its coming.

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

He's gonna key it! :D

Man, it's kinda sad that he doesn't want to be involved in the rescue of that BADASS car he built. Is he mad that you're not restoring exactly how he did it?

6. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

hahaha,,,,,,yeah,,,i just don't get people sometimes..

7. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

interesting about russ... must be harboring something:anger ,resentment,jealousy?
    didn't the emblems say something inside?
    my old r&c article says that russ wouldnt tell them how he built the wheels, so maybe he was always like that.

8. madwagon56

madwagon56

well the car was in pretty sad shape when i got it i had to replace the frame cause it was garbage and so was the front suspension. really i have not changed anything about the looks of the car, i just updated the suspension in front still used the corvette he put in the rear, and put a dash back in it. it never ran when it has the 4speed with the overdrive or the potvin blower on it. but hey its mine now and it will do just fine with the dual blower and the 4 speed. cant wait to grab a gear. but im more happy i have found the oh mighty emblem. and yes i know how to make the wheels to. thanks jon Z.

9. Russ is a very talented guy and even mentored under Gene Winfield in the 60s......that being said I guess he has some hurt feelings over this car,And I gotta say Rod is more than doing this car justice.....when its done and Russ sees it I hope they can hung and be friends again,

10. I don't know,, some time back I met russ at the roadster show in bend and he is a frend of my neighbor, Larry Taylor, Russ is the guy that got me interested in salt flat LSR. First impression was "What a nice Guy" Very down to earth and frendly.

11. madwagon56

madwagon56

he was always nice, i grew up around all those guys russ, lonnie, mitch, slaughter, corno ect. but when i bought the nomad it sent russ into orbit and he and my father whom had been friends with him since the late sixties have not spoken since. maybe time will heal old wounds.