Register now to get rid of these ads!

russ meeks sectioned 56 nomad up-date

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by madwagon56, Dec 13, 2008.

1. madwagon56

madwagon56

figured i would pop in and show some new pictures of what has been going on with the car. took the car out to marty strodes and built the inner fender wells and front aprons. patterned them off the originals, marty did a great job. also found some pictures of the car when i bought it and some with the blower im using. now that ive got them made body is coming off for its final powder coating and assembly of the chassis. starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. hell its only been 5 years maybe 6 but who's counting.:eek:

Attached Files:

2. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

that has a very good stance overall, great lookin deal, thanks

3. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

What a great car, Im always stoked to see updates.

4. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

That is gonna be one cool ride!

5. You may have a way to go, but it is back for sure, the coolest Nomad ever.

6. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Lookin' good brother. Keep it rolling along! :)

7. madwagon56

madwagon56

here are some pictures when the car was a feature car in the 1968 portland roadster show and it was on the cover of the 1970 show program when it won the sweepstakes. pictures are not to good on the 70 show win. thanks for the comments

Attached Files:

8. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

love it. looks good sectioned. the paint and wheels look badass too!

9. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Trailer Queen! Real hotrodders drive their cars. lol :D

That is so cool. The stance and wheels are badass, it looks so mean! And alot like a hotwheels car. Awesome!

10. madwagon56

madwagon56

11. Was this the same Russ Meeks that worked at Edelbrock and was the flathead wizard?

12. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

I think it's Bobby Meeks , Russ Meeks has lived in Oregon most of the time......

13. jangleguy

jangleguy

Great to see that thing on the comeback trail! I stared at it for hours at shows as a kid. Marty is a great guy and still consistently produces great work too. Looking forward to seeing the Nomad blasting down the highway in the rain soon!
    Scotty

14. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

I was at Bonneville in September and Russ Meeks & crew were running an aluminum bodied roadster with an injected 302 GMC inline 6. His daughter was driving and broke a speed record by about 10 mph. Not sure, but I think he's from SoCal.

15. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Holy Crap,That is sweet !

I love me some 55 and 56 Nomads. Any 55 or 56 really! ! !

And in BLACK no less............SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet..

The stance is killer,the wheels are prefect....

And did I mention THATS its BLACK,Damn.....

I want my 55 Black so bad I can just about taste it.......

Thanks for the update it looks FANTATIC..........

You should be proud of the last 5 or 6 years work.....

16. madwagon56

madwagon56

[ Marty is a great guy and still consistently produces great work too. Looking forward to seeing the Nomad blasting down the highway in the rain soon!
    Scotty[/quote]
    ive know marty it seems like forever! my father worked with him at freightliner since way back in the day, its funny being a kid and seeing all of these cars and knowing all of these people and doing work with them its been a real honor. as far as russ being with edelbrock i dont think so, as far as i know his stint in california was working with gene winfield thats where he did the section on the nomad. thanks for the comments rain or shine it going out for drives!!!!!

17. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Are those '58 Chrysler headlamp doors Russ used to build the fenders, can anyone advise? Maybe jus' built up from round stock and sheet, leaded in, I hope!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Meanwhile, back aboard The Tainted Pork"

18. madwagon56

madwagon56

19. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

OMG that thing is fucking perfect!.. whoa, I never seen a cooler nomad..ever!

Keep those American 200s wheels..capless too, That thing looks so "trans-am" ish (racing):)

20. madwagon56

madwagon56

holly cow ryan your models look unbelieveable, thats so cool. thanks for the comment on the wheels, they are my favorite wheels on it. at some point i may put the wires on it. but i doubt it. thanks

21. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

That ride is super cool, any idea when you'll have her done?

22. chad

chad

That thing is sleek!!!!! I really like the section...When I seen the title sectioned nomad I kind of shuttered....but man that thing is killer

23. old beet

old beet

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!

24. Butch M

Butch M

man that thing is cool! there are a lot of kustoms here in kansas. bring it here when ya get it done . if you get chance. love those wagons........

25. Good to read the Up-date. Marty is an Outstanding craftsman. I like your choice of power, it looks right at Home in there. The Blower is a grate consolation considering where Russ was taking the car when it all ended for him. I'm sure this will be much more Streetable than the Potvin set up that was in it. Keep up the Grate work.
    The Wizzard

26. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Can anyone help with some background on Marty,
    What happen to him?
    Is he O.K.?
    The last post by Pist-n-Broke got me to thinking its not good!

Thanks

27. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

Saw Marty the other day , nothing "wrong" with him......same ol Marty. I wonder what "Russ was taking the car when it all ended for him" is all about ? . I see Russ often , have known him for more than 40 years.........Z.D..

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  28. madwagon56

madwagon56

marty is always great, talked with him the other day!!!!! ill post some pictures of my 55 he did the straight axle under here recently. unfortunatly i sold it to work on the nomad. his work is the best, between him and lonnie gilbertson ive been so honored to have two of the greats help on the car.

Attached Files:

29. madwagon56

madwagon56

hey wizzard good to see ya chime in how's it going. when slaughter had the car i got to see it with the potvin on it. boy the hood didnt even close down cause the blower was to far out. i heard russ was going to make side mounted radiators for it. car wasnt even close to running with the potvin and the 4spd in it. thats the first time i almost owned it. roger adams ended up with the potvin. im sure this time it would be more streetable.

30. I'm doing Ok here, thanks for asking. If I remember correctly Russ wanted the front plate of the Blower as part of the Grill so Potvin was part of the Grill. He actually had a pair of Brass rad's made for it and they were going to be mounted above the Frame rails with fresh air scoops feeding the Rads from behind the grill. Totally Kool but I doubt He could have driven it as much as He used to. To say the least I like the way your going and approve compleatly of it's New Immage, Not that my Opinyon matters.
    The Wizzard