Register now to get rid of these ads!

Running at AHRA reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slingshot, Oct 8, 2003.

1. slingshot

slingshot

Just to say that I was at the AHRA reunion at Mokan Oct. 4,03. Wzjunk wuz runnin and having a great time. There were all sorts of cars including a few from the HAMB drags. I never saw a Topless Henry J before, it was really neat. A friend "Mopar Jack" brought his GTX to play. There were classes for "Slingshot-Altered" and "Super Stocks" and, and, and ? THis isn't a real good informational post as I was running my car and just had a chance to peek at the different cars that were there. My car ran a 9.04 @ 154.16 first, then a 8.99 @ 153.47 2nd, then last was a off throttle-braking at a 1000 foot mark 8.88 @ 144.41. WE scrubbed off TEN mph trying to go slow enough to win ?????
    Anyway we lost. But it would have been the quickest run yet if Griff had stayed in it. So I went home happy. I'll try to send a few pics.

Attached Files:

2. slingshot

slingshot

A nice wheelie

Attached Files:

3. slingshot

slingshot

Topless Henry J

Attached Files:

4. slingshot

slingshot

Mopar Jack. He took the time to paint my car for the HAMB drags and missed out. So I am sending two pics of his car.
    Here's # 1

Attached Files:

5. slingshot

slingshot

Mopar Jack # 2. Notice how much lift there is on the start comparing with the first pic.

Attached Files:

6. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Sorry we did not get to visit more. I was busy trying to keep up with running in two classes. I looked for you later in the day but I guess you had went home. I know that another photographer got a great shop of the wheelie and I hope he will post it. Your car looked great and made some awesome passes.

7. Bitchen'!

That car is soooo damn cool with its three point roll bar and all... glad to see it in the 8's! That is hauling some serios ass!
    Sam.

8. slingshot

slingshot

Jim Marlett was there shooting some starting line pics.
    I hope he sends them in.The pics I have were shot by Griff's wife, Marilyn.

Attached Files:

9. slingshot

slingshot

A different view

Attached Files:

10. slingshot

slingshot

Another burnout shot

Attached Files:

11. slingshot

slingshot

End of the day

Attached Files:

12. Luv the shots!!!! [​IMG]

What did the Mopar run?

Mark

13. Was that rail at the H.A.M.B. drags ? One reason I didn't make a large effort to bring my Pontiac dragster there (other than work) was I didn't think my roll bar would pass.

14. From what Krupanut said in an earlier post about Mokan's HAMB drags..., the "Tech" inspection was paying at the gate to run the car! (I'm sure that this was not the case for the AHRA!) [​IMG]

But I would use some discretion on what is safe. [​IMG]

In other words..., bring it, run it, and ask for forgiveness later! [​IMG]

Mark

15. SJFast... I think I remember telling you that you would be given the green light to race... and I think you had a previous commitment and you mentioned something about it not being able to smoke the tires on the new track surface... well, hopefully we'll see you guys there next year. [​IMG]
    Sam.

16. Sam....I must have missed that. I wonder how everyone would feel about us wiping the slicks with our WD40 and Armorall concoction in order to get the direct-drive car to smoke the tires... [​IMG]

BTW....I DID work that weekend.

17. slingshot

slingshot

The GTX had clutch troubles so was only able to post mid 11's. He usually runs low 11's Was hoping for high 10's. He usually pulls the tires 6" to a foot off the ground. I had the dragster at the HAMB drags. Mokan "tech" is "pay the entry fee". You have to police yourself. Do you feel your car is safe at the speeds you run ? If so, go for it.

Attached Files:

18. Thanks for the pics!!!!

19. stan292

stan292

Great stuff John! Wish I could have been there. Nice to see Jack's car in action, too. Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Anything happining on the "pit bike" project?

BTW - We just gotta find you a "real" airscoop for the digger. - LOL

Take care pal -

20. slingshot

What's the "sixty" ft times on the slingshot???

Mark

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

SJ, your dragster was one of the reasons I was wanting to make the drags so bad. I was disappointed that you couldn't make it. Just show up next year and let's see that bad boy run...