Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage "Run What You Brung 2011" @Reynolds, GA?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Sep 25, 2011.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Redsled in Reynolds, GA has been contacted by Ed Swearingen, the track owner/promoter @ Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA, asking if we are interested in a repeat of our usual Fall event there.
    Redsled has asked me to post here on the main board to gauge interest in an event, possibly in early Nov. on a Sat.
    For the uninitiated, the track is in Reynolds, GA, and a first class 1/4 mile strip with ample space for overnight camping for those who enjoy a party after the races and then camp for the night, with a Porta-John close by.
    In years past we've had a good crowd of hot rodders and cars. The safety rules are quite reasonable and everybody has a great time, whether they have a 20 second clunker or a 9 second beast.
    Redsled has in the past borrowed a great big smoker/grill for communal use, just bring a contribuition of charcoal as that huge grill is a charcoal hog!
    Once you're through racing, or just spectating and hanging out, your liquid consumption is your own business if done discreetly near the actual track, and with a minimum of disturbance anywhere. I don't think this needs any further elaboration or comment outside of PMs!
    If you have questions, comments,suggestions on avoiding date conflicts with other area events, etc. please post here. We need your input.
    Dave

2. That's always a good time. I would interested. I can't do the fist Sat of Nov. Whatever the group votes on will be fine.

Why it seems like just yesterday I blew a head gasket down there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The first Sat. in Nov. is the 5th, with the preceding Sat. being the 29th of Oct. and the following Sat. being the 12th of Nov. Starting to get cold past that and we may have some "candy asses" in the crowd for later than 12th. Comments?
    I have a daytime commitment for 10/29, but since it doesn't appear that I'll have my roadster ready to go by then anyway, I can come down late afternoon for the evening and overnight if we have it on 10/29.But we gotta have more input!
    Dave

4. Kinky6

Kinky6

I'll come spectate if I can get the day off, which is pretty darn rare.

BOTOH, at least I'm employed. :rolleyes:

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

5. Dave, I'm definitely interested.

6. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

been wondering if this was gonna happen this year, im in!

7. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I am in thanks, Jimmie,and Ed. Turkey rod is the 24th ,week before is 17-19 for Moultrie, and 10-12 Nov is the swap meet at The Perry Ga ag center.

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

With that to consider, then that leaves us 11/05 and 10/29 unless we can move it up to 10/22. Will get back with Redsled or Ed as quick as possible, maybe even 10/15?
    Come on yall, input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dave

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  9. Hhhhmmmmm??!?!?!? Hoping to pick the merc up from interior on Weds. That would be a good short hop to work some bugs out!!!!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Chad, as you well know, this is as much a meet and greet as it is a drag race, and it ain't confined to H.A.M.B. active folks. If you like hot rods and customs and the people who feel the same, it's a good place to be!
    Dave

11. Just wondering about this the other day

12. why do i have to be this far north.....Reynolds rules! I'll wear my shirt the day you guys go and be pissed i'm not there

13. I'll be there Hell or High water, unfortunately I will not be able to help any or at all with the arrangements this year. I am already committed to something on 10/15 so an early November date would work best for me. But what ever date you can get...

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Gotta call Redsled and fill him in on the events that conflict with some of the dates and then he can discuss the rest of the available dates with Ed and then we'll see what comes out then as to dates.
    Can't call tonight as my cell phone died today and they're Fed- Ex overnighting me another on warranty, and Ionly have his number in my phone. Thankfully it's on a removable chip I can transfer to the new phone.
    All input appreciated and besides, it helps keep this thread up near the top!
    Dave

15. The 10/29 date sounds good to me.

16. Actually 10/29 is what Ed said would be our best date. Redsled

17. Can anybody recommend a good place to stay for the camping impaired?
    FWIW Dave- we're kickin' it around...

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Then let's shoot for the 10/29 date as I seem to be the only one with a conflict and I think I can schedule mine for early in the day, head down to Reynolds a little after lunch and be there most of the afternoon and all night.
    Lango, I'm not familiar with lodging accomodations around Reynolds. I suggest a pm to Redsled, as he is a Reynolds resident and knows the ares inside out.Good news that yall are considering joining us.

19. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I'm always up for reynolds. That is the weekend after the moonshine festival which may or may not impact this. I'm planning on going to the moonshine festival and it may be tough to hit to events back to back.

20. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

I dont' have anything to race or show at this time, but my O/T car can make it up there!

21. I'm ok with 10/29 too.

22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Off Topic vehicle, the baddest hot rod, or the Koolest Kustom, if you can get there you're welcome if you like people who like cars and the cars we drive or are building, planning, and just dreaming about. It's a fun event, informal, and sometimes a little goofy!
    YALL COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dave

23. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

The Hell on Wheels Beer Fest is also 10-29. Tannery Row in Buford again.

24. bauschracing

bauschracing

LANGO The only place close to stay is the Fort Wayne hotel/gas station/ store in Reynolds. They only have a few rooms.
    There are a few hotels in Fort Valley which is about 20 miles away then the Macon area.
    Call Ed at the track, he will help.

25. Fort Valley is located about 15 miles from Reynolds. Perry, Warner
    Robins/Centerville and Byron are located
    just off I-75 and are each about 25 miles
    from the Track.

Fort Wayne Cantina and Inn has nine very
    nice rooms and is located here in Reynolds.
    Call 478-847-3590 for reservations.

http://www.hotels-rates.com/Warner_Robins/GA/usa/

http://www.hotel-rates.com/us/georgia/perry/

http://www.hotels-rates.com/Byron/GA/usa/

http://www.valleyinnfortvalley.com/

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/cont...Id=11553&as_srp=SP2&cid=carat_search-Days_Inn

Onsite at SDR, we do have an RV station for
    dumping and water. We have limited electrical
    hook-ups that are "first come, first serve" and
    are $10/day. Pay for electrical at Front Gate.

26. captmullette

captmullette

no better people than ed and the people that work for him, was ther last year, will NOT miss it no matter what day.....

27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Jimmy, I had a catastrophic crash on my phone yesterday, lost all my numbers on it. Please send me a pm or a email or call me on my cell with your number. Looks as if we are solid on 10/29.
    Dave

28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Seems like something is gonna conflict every weekend! But Ed Swearingen, track owner and promoter, plus the majority of respondents so far are OK with10/29/11 so that's the date.
    Dave

PS You can drink all the beer you want once you're through racing!

29. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

On the calendar for now, unless a real estate deal comes up that needs tending to!

30. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I'm in for the 29 oct. day after my b'day. Some real nice motels in Byron, and rt off the interstate in warner robins. cheap rates there.