Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung @ Reynolds, GA OCT.21,2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Feb 28, 2017.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Gonna call Ed again and ask again for him to set up a meeting with the new track owner "Anthony". Hoping to do it soon and make it a lunch date as Ed suggested doing earlier when he and I discussed this.
    If he gets this set up, then I"ll ask him about your ideas, Scot and Jim. This will most likely be a meeting during the week at lunch time, and at their convenience since I'm the one asking for the meeting. As yall know, I'm long time retired, and can almost always meet when they want to meet. I'll post the meeting time and date here and if any of yall want to come, let me know.
    Jim, I have already talked to one of the guys I know about wheels, and he'll check his stuff asap, the others I'll talk to soon.

els, loudbang and GAOldsman like this.
  2. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Dave. The flag start was a good thing at Bristol and VMSP.

els and loudbang like this.
  3. I'll be there as long as it is on a Monday.

4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Scot, I'll say again this meeting will have to be at the convenience of Ed and Anthony, but maybe they'll pick a Monday.

els, loudbang and GAOldsman like this.
  5. OK great - so this is the same weekend as Brad O'Cock's Gear Jam - I think I remember that now. Since the GoRilla didn't SALE I am mapping out events to go to with it. I'll obviously be at RWYB over the GJ any day of the week.

els, Dog_Patch, Floater03 and 2 others like this.
  6. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Didn't know the GoRilla was up for sale!

els likes this.
  7. Dang I tried to tell everyone. I had thrown it on ebay to see but really started to question letting that engine and everything else go. Now I am glad it didn't go. Getting some other non-hot rod projects done and looking forward to doing some more with it. When are you coming back to the states brother?

8. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

August is the plan, and travel from the A T L to Az., and hang with the Boys and In Laws around the Grand Canyon area, then back to the A T L.

I miss it, but I don't, but I truly miss being near My Peeps!

els, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  9. Understand. I checked flights down there and they were around 1k which may preclude my ass from that adventure this year. Maybe we can come have a beer with ya in the airport when you cruise through or plan something before you go there. Would be cool to see ya

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

^^^^^^^^^^^X2 on meeting yall at the airport.

els likes this.
  11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Still haven't heard anything from Ed on a lunch meet with Anthony. Guess I need to call him again?o_O

els and Floater03 like this.
  12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Still no word from Ed, guess I'm gonna have to make another call.

els and stealthcruiser like this.
  13. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

How 'bout now?

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Since you've never been around a race track except as a spectator, you probably don't understand that you don't bother a race promoter about this sort of stuff on a race day.

15. Saw something in the paper about meeting in the bathroom at airports. Not sure what the details were.

16. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

How 'bout now, they racing today?

And I'd never seen a racetrack 'til I met you......So sez Buddy Stewart's adolescent pit crew.....:D

els likes this.
  17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just called, no answer, left voice mail.

els and Floater03 like this.
  18. Still no word???

els likes this.
  19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Josephus, you can never tell about Ed and Dorothy, now that they have finalized the sale to Anthony,they may have left on a trip to Bumfuck, Egypt, or someplace. I'll get hold of him when he chooses to return my calls. I don't yet have a number for Anthony.

els and GAOldsman like this.
  20. Dave if I see him (Anthony) at the shop I'll see if he wants to set something up to meet one day and trade #'s.

els likes this.
  21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Sounds good.

els likes this.
  22. Don't poke the bear!

els, GAOldsman and stealthcruiser like this.
  23. Dave did you get BG II sorted out? Now that the rain has subsided, it's hotter than a $3 pistol here.

els likes this.
  24. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome. I last went to that about a dozen years ago. I'll plan to make this one.

els, Floater03 and GAOldsman like this.
  25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Scot, right now I'm struggling to get myself sorted out.Got my big feet tangled up and fell Mon. and landed on mt fat ass like a sack of potatoes. Don't think I broke anything, but I'm "all stove up" and it hurts just to get up out of a chair,or to turn over in bed! Not taking any pain killer stronger than ibuprophen, tried one stronger pill night before last, but it wasn't as effective as the ibu, so that's what I'm taking.

26. Sounds good @brianf31, heck we're practically neighbors :cool: We also have a fakebook page if interested.

Dave you gotta be more careful :eek: Hope you heal fast.

els, Floater03, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  27. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool. Join request sent.

els, GAOldsman and Dog_Patch like this.
  28. Look for our ad in the August or September issue of Ragtops and Runningboards circular. Get your subscription by sending check or money order to:

Ragtops and Runningboards
    5956 Kemp Dr
    Acworth, GA 30102

Or call

(770) 974-5513 for more info

$25 per year with 12 issues or $45 for 2 years (24 issues)
    Covers the Southeast US auto enthusiast's events calendar (swap meets, car shows, drive ins. drag races, you name it even some classifieds)
    Give Joe Hester a call and tell him Scot from RWYB sent you.

els likes this.
  29. Remember that little book call CRAP ? That guy was always taking pics and selling CRAP.

els, PBRmeASAP and GAOldsman like this.
  30. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

"Crazy Ray's Auto Pages"...........He's a member of that other car club I was in.

And crazy as hell!

els, PBRmeASAP and GAOldsman like this.