Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung @ Reynolds, GA OCT.21,2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Good news, the timing light came in. :) Bad news is I won't be able to go down there to my shop until at least Saturday :(

els and Floater03 like this.
  2. I think what this events needs is a crappy flyer...

[​IMG]

3. fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Is this for older cars? Right now the only thing I have running is my 67 GTO. I do have a 50 Pontiac Torpedo in my shop and a 39 Pontiac that I have yet to bring home. I have been to the Perry Meet several times. Isn't it coming up around Easter?

els likes this.
  4. Dirty Old Man or one of the other guys will jump in, but I'm pretty sure if you show up and want to race, you can Run What Ya Brung. I'm not being a smart ass, there used to be a more strict cut-off, but this is really about getting a bunch of like-minded guys together to have a damn good time.

Perry is next weekend.

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The event is a nostalgia event, but we do consider anything '72 or older as within the realm of "nostalgia" and the awarding of various trophies. However we welcome one and all who have a taste of appreciation of hot rodding's history regardless of what they currently have in operation and roadworthy enough to make it to Reynolds!
    Pretty sure the Perry meet is April 1, or at least that's what I've been told. I have tentative plans to be there in my '40 coupe because I can put my travel/mobility scooter in the trunk and bring it with me. But I'm reasonably sure that Big A's poster above is intended as a parody of me in my roadster, BGII! I plan to bring both to RWYB.
    Come on over and join in the fun! We have a great time, and there's just a laid back, enjoy yourself atmosphere about the whole event. Please, ask any questions you may have.

els, Floater03 and GAOldsman like this.
  6. [​IMG]

My drawing skills are a bit rusty... ok a lot rusty...

7. Sahweeet flyer brother :cool: Thanks a million. Yes Perry is next weekend. I'll try to dig up the flyer and post it here.

els likes this.
  8. Your rusty skills beat my stick man polished skills by a million .....

els likes this.
  9. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Throwing this out there early for some input. I can do the shirts again, just want to get some opinions. Do we want to go back to the original design?, or, something close to the flyer again?

els likes this.
  10. Shirts were on point last year brother. I'm good with the consensus on the design and colors. That rendering of Dave would make a badass shirt.

els, PBRmeASAP and Floater03 like this.
  11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Sounds good to me on the T shirts Floater, but I have no idea what the rest of the guys want. We'll leave this up a few days and see what kinda comments we get.

12. I can rework the flyer into a tshirt friendly design if you want. Someone give the word and I'll get on it.

els, Floater03 and GAOldsman like this.
  13. All I can say is that is damn awesome Andrew! I think the shirts with some version of this would be great.

els, GAOldsman and Floater03 like this.
  14. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

A poster T shirt would be cool!! DOM would be immortalized for ever! I would get one

15. Dom is sorta already immortalized - just kidding. lol

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    els, loudbang and stealthcruiser like this.
  16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Josh, jealousy does not become you :)

els and loudbang like this.
  17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Went over to Summit yesterday and picked up a pair of MT pro bracket radial slicks in 9.00X28 size as the old castoffs that had been given to me and I was running when racing were just about completely worn out and really too big for my weak little SBC anyhow. Hopefully I can get more consistent runs with these.

els, GAOldsman and loudbang like this.
  18. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

From the Street Rod Nats in Tampa. Couldn't have planned that pic if I tried! Bruces shirt.jpg

els, 48fordnut, GAOldsman and 2 others like this.
  19. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Anybody else lose the flyer pic? Was gonna save it to print and pass out but its gone!

els likes this.
  20. loudbang

loudbang

Gonzo "photo no longer available"

els likes this.
  21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The updated flyer with 9:00am gate opening date is over on the SFCC social group site on the RWYB Standalone thread. Big A updated it, but somehow I can't figger out how to do a copy and paste now on the Google Chrome browser I'm using in order to get a bit more stability on my Yahoo email used by ATT. Maybe one of the guys who have more savvy than I can move it over here.

22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Thx Jophus:)

els and clemsoncrewman like this.
  23. I handed out a few flyers I printed Saturday at the Perry show. Didn't see the local yokels that I was hoping to see. Hopefully I can run into them soon to get them aware of the festivities.

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Nice job on those flyers Scot, thx for taking the time and trouble to print those up.
    Did you get a chance to run your car's engine a bit over the weekend?

els likes this.
  25. No Dave, I haven't. With taking my oldest Daughter to the Atl airport Saturday evening and this severe case of poison ivy.

I planned to go down there Monday but with the storms and a "quick" 4 hr adventure at the Med Stop for the ivy episode, I didn't make it. And Sunday was filled with getting my riding mower, weed eater and blower tuned up and ready for the season. On top of manicuring my yard and my rental next door Sunday evening.

I plan to go down to the shop Saturday after work and get that baby dialed in. My question is on the pro timing light. It didn't come with much instruction at all.

Ok say I want to set total timing at 34-35 degrees btdc and the timing light has the option to set that number. That way all you have to do is rev the engine to where the mechanical advance is all in and stop turning the distributor at the zero timing mark on my timing tab on the timing chain cover. My question is do I go up or down for that number on the timing light? The up button would be advancing the timing and the down button would be retarding the timing???? So should I set it (the light) as down 34 degrees since I am shooting for "Before" TDC? :confused:

26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I can't answer that question about the "dial back" type timing light as I don't have one. I use a normal timing light and a timing tape to get what I want.
    I have read that digital dial back timing lights won't work properly on MSD ignition for precisely the reason that these units are named MSD= stands for multiple spark discharge. If 34* total is what you want then you find 34* on the tape and turn the dist. till you get the light flashing at the 34* mark on tape corresponding to the timing pointer with the engine revved to full spark advance.when using a standard timing light.
    Suggest before we get too deep in this you need to start another thread or someone's going to complain.

els, loudbang and GAOldsman like this.
  27. Thanks Dave. I'll get a handle on it and that will be that. ;)

28. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I'd like to lodge a complaint..........

29. Don't be a Nancy :D :D

els, loudbang and stealthcruiser like this.