Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags- Reynolds, GA Nov 8,2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 30, 2014.

1. freaking paypal won't work right now -

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah Tudor, I'm slowly improving and getting a little energy back to get a little stuff done.

3. That's cool - plenty of time till then. Let us know if you need a shop day to get ready. Got the money sent to Jimmy. Should have some shirts.

4. captmullette

captmullette

scot, just thought to check some slicks ive had for a couple years, about half wore out MT et streets, 28x 12.50 x 15....10" tread pattern that you can have, I was gonna toss em and for some reason I thought they were 30' s and you said you needed 28's I bought em off ebay maybe even 3-4 years ago, im thinking of running my car at Reynolds at the race on the 1st and I could bring them then....let me know

5. Hmm sounds like a plan Bobby :cool: Thanks brother. Just give me a shout and I'll meet you. I wish the Perry Swap Meet was the week prior to RWYB instead of the week after. I know I can find some wheels for the slicks there.

6. [​IMG]
    Days to go

GAOldsman likes this.
  7. Can't wait guys and gals K:cool::cool:L

RWYB 2014 flyer v2.jpg

8. Really wish Ryan would fix the hamb so you would be able to open the whole thread like in the good old days - Hunting crap page by page is for the birds.

9. You got that right Josh. We have foddered up a few pages to say the least :eek: :D

10. [​IMG]
    Days to go

GAOldsman likes this.
  11. well we have 27 shirts on the list. I am going to send this out to shirt company in the morning.

12. You the man

13. captmullette

captmullette

thanks jimmy for all the work....you too dave

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Don't thank me Bobby, just double up on the thanks to Jimmy, all I've done is try to get these guys to understand that things were gonna be like we said, no prepay, no T shirt!
    Thanks a bunch Jimmy, glad we got enough prepaid to get up an order, this is the best way. absolutely no sense in you doing all the work and then getting stuck with left over T shirts you had to buy.
    Yall, don't forget, charcoal and firewood!!!!!!!!!
    I don't have any wood, but a neighbor has a big ass limb down off an oak tree and I'm going to ask him if I can cut it up. If we all bring a few logs we'll have plenty.

15. this is not a problem..

16. Great news Jimmy! I was worried there for a bit :eek: You are the man! Thank you so much for all you do and have done! :cool:

Been whittling away today and got 4 out of the 5 trophies I am making pretty much 75% complete. Needing sanding and staining still, but are shaping up nicely. The categories are going to be Quickest E/T Street Legal, Quickest E/T Race Only, Quickest R/T, Longest Distance Award and the dreaded Hard Luck Award.

If anyone wants to build any, please feel free to do so. Wayne R. is planning on bringing the perpetual Quickest E/T Street Legal pinstriped bowling pin by Hot Rod Walt back like he should, to pass on if anyone can provide a quicker time slip than any Nostalgia era, street legal, tagged and insured vehicle that is with our event. This is why I am making one to keep, that way whoever wins, receives both but only brings back the bowling pin next year. Wayne commissioned Hot Rod Walt to stripe it last year, so Wayne will sign his name and this years winner will sign it and so forth. Hopefully this one will return as directed.

17. captmullette

captmullette

good
    good work scot....and a good idea on the bowling pin.......

18. Well Brad now that you are too fast for me in the sedan are you bringing the truck too? Maybe Hope will run me :confused: :D

19. I can't bring them both this year but maybe next year she can run you but the truck is a lot lighter and faster with just her in it

GAOldsman likes this.
  20. I hear ya brother :) Sounds like I may have to scour the event to find someone I can hang with before I even make a pass :eek: :D :cool:

21. Brad can you shoot me an email? [email protected]

22. Jimmy you turned a 13 something last time didn't you?

23. Who's ready to race? This guy is ;) 15 days y'all :cool:

24. captmullette

captmullette

got some new slicks from a friend, only 20 passes on them, the only thing is they are 1" shorter than the et streets I took off, its gonna kill my 1/4 mile time with the way my car is running, talked to some more people and sounds like dave is right , springs are tired, got a tester coming.....we'll see

25. It may knock a little off the top end mph Bobby but you may gain time on your overall E/T, 60' and 1/8th :confused:

26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Scot IIRC, Mullette's got a 4.56:1 now.

27. Yup and with a shorter tire that should equate to around a 4.88 or so. No??

28. [​IMG]

Days till we're golden K:cool::cool:L

29. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bobby, has that spring tester arrived yet? Where/who did you order from?