Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags- Reynolds, GA Nov 8,2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 30, 2014.

1. captmullette

captmullette

damn..... thanks seadog......all great pics

2. captmullette

captmullette

damn..... thanks seadog......all great pics

3. Great pics :cool:

Bobby I saw this down on the key and figured you'd get a kick out of it if you haven't seen it before.

Attached Files:

4. k9racer

k9racer

Mike Bell from the Georgia Auto Racing Hall of Fame will be in attendance. He said he is needing to interview some old drag race drivers and crew members for the clubs arcives. I am planing the trip from Huntsville Alabama to attend.

5. Sounds good brother :cool:

6. captmullette

captmullette

man that's cool, thanks scot.....

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bobby, I've asked you before, but you never answered, did you check valve spring tension?

8. Come on guys we only have 18 shirt requests. We need to order at least 24 to have them printed.

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Come on yall, just 6 shirts more? If you don't know Jimmy for some reason. like you're a newcomer to the event, all I can say is that Jimmy is one of the most responsible people involved in this event.
    If you don't order and pay in advance you don't get a T shirt, it's that simple. And I don't blame Jimmy for this, as in the past he's been left holding the bag on unsold T shirts when he was selling them for cost, as he is now. Then he wound up giving them away the following year as door prizes, at his expense.
    If you have committed and paid for your Tshirt(s) and there ultimately ain't enough to make up an order of 24, your money WILL be refunded.Jimmy has made it easy for you with Pay Pal available, even, so shit or git off'n the pot, as old Uncle Leroy used to say.

10. captmullette

captmullette

no I haven't, don't know how.....also money sent jimmy on paypal
    no I haven't dave, don't know how......

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

If there are any oval tracks near you that have a class running the Chevy crate engines, they most likely have a valve spring tension tester that works with the heads on. They(the testers) can also be purchased at most hi-po tool outlets such as the Summit tool catalog online. Most tracks running a crate motor class have one and routinely use it on the winner of each race.
    The tester works by removing rocker arm, installing tester on rocker stud and then using the lever to press on the spring retainer till the valve is lifted off the seat. At that point you read the dial for valve spring pressure @ installed height, then compare that to pressures specked for new springs. As long as that engine was sitting, some valve springs were held open and may have lost tension. You've repeatedly checked the ignition, so if all is well there, I'd suspect valve springs.

12. captmullette

captmullette

sounds like a plan, looking for a tester......

13. Been in class in Hot 'Lanta most of the week. I'll check in tomorrow night when I get home.

14. Put me down for an xl t shirt. I sent jimmy an email to find out where to paypal. I looked but couldn't find it. See y'all soon

15. captmullette

captmullette

try this tudor, [email protected]

16. got the money Bobby.

17. captmullette

captmullette

sorry I took so long, hope everybody else will step up, and thanks for all the effort...it's not easy

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

You guys may be thinking, "Aw, Jimmy's a good old boy, and he'll give in and get the T-shirts and hope to sell them at the event if they aren't pre ordered, so I'll just wait." But it ain't gonna work that way this time. Jimmy and I talked about this and I encouraged him to take a hard line on this.
    No sense whatsoever in the guy who takes the trouble to get a logo designed, contact a supplier, get prices, and takes the orders to get stuck with leftover T shirts. So get with it, NOW.

19. Eye eye sir! Semper Fi Dirty Old Marine ;)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    GAOldsman likes this.
  20. Jimmy I am sending you some mo dough brother to purchase an additional two more shirts brother.

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Jimmy , are we getting close?

22. captmullette

captmullette

me too jimmy , I need 2x not single x

23. we are close. I think we are going to be good.

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Glad to hear we're getting enough orders to make up the shirt order. When is the absolute deadline to order from you, Jimmy???????

25. Deadline will be Tuesday October 21st.

26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

There you have it folks deadline on T shirts is Oct.21.
    Don't forget to bring some charcoal, and if you have room, some firewood for the campfire Sat. night.

27. I'll bring some fat lighter for the far starter.

28. Ordering 2 shirts - Blacksmith Tom from Milwaukee is going to be present.

GAOldsman likes this.
  29. DOM - Are you feeling better bud? Sounds like you are getting some plans going again. Hope so anyway.

30. Jimmy's pay pal is

[email protected]

11 bucks per shirt for XL

Bigger shirts may be more - just posting so you don't have to search for it.