Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags- Reynolds, GA Nov 8,2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 30, 2014.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The Ninth Annual Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags, car show, and swap meet will be held at Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, Ga on November 8, 2014 http://www.silverdollarraceway.com/
    Event to be held in conjuction with Racer's Reunion from the long gone Camp Wheeler Drag Strip near Macon, GA and the almost as long gone Warner Robins Dragway near Warner Robins, GA. Both these groups have Facebook pages for further info. There will be a motorcade from the former location of Warner Robins Dragway to Silver Dollar Raceway on the morning of the event, see the Facebook page(s) for further info on this part of the event.
    There will be match races, grudge races, any kinda race you want as long as it's on the strip in a safe, sane manner. If your gearing is kinda short, you can run the eigth, or if your car is better on the quarter, then so be it!
    SDR is a fully NHRA certified track with more than adequate shutdown and deccel lanes, paved return roads, and NHRA Xmas tree and clocks. There is a covered grandstand, great concession stands with good eats, free camping Sat. night, and the finest genuine Southern couple, Ed and Dorothy Swearingen as track owners/promoters to welcome you.
    Questions are invited and we will do our best to give you a straight answer, if we don't have an answer, we'll get it for you.
    The SDR website has all sorts of additional info on local and nearby accomadations, and there are about 5000 motel rooms within 25 mmiles of this peaceful country paradise.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
    Redsled likes this.
  2. Back up top while I am working on posters and getting pics ready to add :cool:

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Folks, Scot has given you a shot from left of the staging area above, and the whole place is as roomy as this. really a nice spot, just outside city limits of Reynolds.

4. Here's a nice aerial pic of the track and facilities :cool:

[​IMG]

Note:

*To the immediate left of the tower just out of view is Mrs. Dorothy's new souvenir shop. This is where to purchase souvenirs and electricity if you plan on bringing an RV that requires electrical hookup. They also have an RV station for dumping and fresh water on site.

*Directly East of the stands is their very own "Hot Rod Cafe" that serves the best hamburgers, hot dogs and Coke products.

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just realized my link to the track web site wasn't working and corrected it. Seems to work OK now.

6. :cool:ur flyer BE THERE!!! :cool:

RWYB 2014 Flyer 4 webpage friendly.jpg

7. chopped

chopped

Hard to believe it's been nine years since we came up from Florida for the first one.

GAOldsman likes this.
  8. chopped

chopped

Here's a shot from #1, guy drove it from south of Daytona.

Attached Files:

9. Awesome chopped! Get the word out brother and I hope to see you at this one :cool: Got any more pics from the early ones?

10. Pics from last year and prior :cool: Some of them not mine but still way cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sun setting on us last year as the Jungle Jim funny car remake attempted to lay it down :cool:

[​IMG]

More from years past to come...

11. Hoping to have our FED there for this one
    14239803035_4b60a980ff_b.jpg

GAOldsman likes this.
  12. I think by then Tony we will be ready! I think the Geargoyles are interested as well. I love going down to the Silver Dollar.

13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Josh, if you can also get Can-O-Worms down there, maybe you can bring fastest hot rod title back to GA.

GAOldsman likes this.
  14. captmullette

captmullette

you got it going on scot , dom, lookin good, by the way I told somebody last year I wanted to donate that great , drove the longest, trophy back for this year.....let me know, looks like a full house this year, dom, no truck diving this year......lol

GAOldsman likes this.
  15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Mullette, I sure as hell hope no truck diving! If the Sock Fuckers can get as many cars to Reynolds as we got to SIM, we'll have a well represented club!

Firepower71 and GAOldsman like this.
  16. Thanks Bobby I will keep at it brother C:cool::cool:L

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

By then I should have some small diameter slicks for my roadster so's I won't have to baby it off the line to keep from going up in smoke. Small dia. will hopefuly compensate at least partly for the too tall 3.70 rear gear.
    Also I have a friend here in town who drag races some bad ass nitrous cars at Reynolds and who has 4 scales so's I can balance out weight in hopes it'll help keep that rear straight when the tires do spin. Then I can talk some shit!

GAOldsman likes this.
  18. I too need to try some shorter tires on my coupe. I believe those heavy 12" wide by 31.5" tall meats are slowing not only my reaction time but my 60' and overall 1/4 mile times a bit.

Posted by Shit Toad! The man had me app.

19. One thing I don't want to do is be too fast to run without a cage or the such. Then it wouldn't be fun anymore.

Last year after giving rides all day, on the last pass the timing lady said I was too fast for passengers. I told her that's alright we're done for today. :D

20. Hopefully we can get some local and out of state CCs on board with this way cool and super fun event.

21. image.jpg I will be there in the 30 model smoking up the track

22. Looking good brother :cool: Keep those tars on there and I'll show ya my tail lights ;) :D

23. Lol you better let me see them before we get on the track

24. Looks like I need a bigger rear view mirror, that sedan takes up more real estate than the truck :D :D

25. You better bring your ear plugs and I will bring you a pic of the front of my sedan you can put it over your rear view mirror hehe

26. Hopefully that perdy paint has cured by November, that way all we have to do is reattach your doors ;) :D :D

27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

How fast did you have to go brfore they said that was too fast for ride alongs, Scot? And I agree, I don't want a roll cage in a car I drive on the street either, If I ever got up to that kind of speed, then I'd put a throttle stop on

28. You guys need shirts...