Register now to get rid of these ads!

run it, fix it or junk it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by silversink, Feb 2, 2010.

1. silversink

silversink

user55480_pic54531_1236284011_thumb.jpg
    Should I fix and drive or put a transplant in it? 36000 miles, runs ok, no brakes, solid no rust body.
    I have 350 crate under the work bench. I just need someone to kick me in the ass to do something with this truck. I have had it for 15 years and done nothing but start it a couple of times a year just to hear it run.

2. jephs422

jephs422
    from CA

I'd say get it running and it'd be a bad ass truck, but the honest truth is that if you haven't touched it in 15 years, you really don't have a passion for that truck. sell it and get something that floats your boat a bit more.

3. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

I agree if you looked at it that long and didn't fall in love pass it on to someone that will give her the attention she deserves, and get yourself somthing you'll love.

4. twogees

twogees
    from Mid Mo.

If you were closer I'd say junk it....at my house! But I like old Binders. I'd like to find an old Kb in that good of shape around here! Like jephs442 said "if you haven't touched it in 15 years, you really don't have a passion for that truck. sell it and get something that floats your boat a bit more." It would be a bad ass truck though.

5. Give it to some old car crazy kid who needs something to work on and can't afford a place to start. Keep another tweaker, er... I mean tuner car from being born

6. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Shit, give it to me, I've been wanting to build an old tow truck. :D

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sometimes you just have to own up to the fact your not going to do anything with certain projects. When you come to that realization you have two roads to go down. Either keep it and don't worry about it or move on and let it go to someone who will give it the love it deserves. It looks like a fairly solid piece so I'm betting someone would be willing to give you a fair price that could either be invested in something that turns your crank or provide parts for a stalled project that needs to move forward.

Frank

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

9. johnboy13

johnboy13

Whether you like the truck or not, you should get it driving. You'll get more for it as a driver, and you might fall in love with it once you get it on the road and decide to keep it. Later you might decide to upgrade the drive train.

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

why would junk it even be on the list?????:eek:

11. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I can make your mind up real fast ! Tell me where you live and I will come and pick it up for you ! Hows that ? :rolleyes:

You should keep it if it's a good as you tell us . Really looks good in the one picture .
    Just DON'T stick that same old shitty orange crate like everyone else want to do ! If you want it to be like everyone else's then do it but give the truck some class . If you want more engine then go with something else than a damn orange crate engine . There are many other really great engines out there that will make it something different . Isn't that what you want ? Something different tan someone else's truck !
    Just a thought !

RetroJim

12. Fix everything wrong with it make it safe and drive it and enjoy it!

13. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

He hasn't touched it in 15 years and you ask, "Isn't that what you want"? Apparently not. I would drop the "damn orange crate" in the truck; make it roundworthy, and sell it. It might pull in a few extra dollars.

14. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

I say you JUNK it at my house:D I'll even come and get it today so you can get rid of that unsightly mess you have there.

If you choose not to junk it at my house:( than I would do the brakes and drive the bad boy. Hell, I'll even come over help you. But keep that crate motor under the bench, that's what SBC's are for.

15. The answer is always run it - after that you can decide to fix it or junk it.

:)

16. 73super

73super

Sometimes once you start on it you get jazzed about it again. I'm going thru that on two of my projects right now that had been sitting for a couple years. Get started on it... my guess is that as it progresses you'll get jazzed.

17. James66g

James66g

I say if you have been sitten on it this long man cut her loose and use the cheddar for the one your workin on!

18. fix it, drive it and give it to me

19. MLG

MLG

Good looking truck, I built one and sold it last year. Put it on S-10 Blazer frame,Vortec V-6.

Looking for another right now, located in Texas, any help appreciated.
    Before and after photos. 817-707-7030

Attached Files:

20. Fix the brakes and sell it. And not to the scrap dealer.

21. Try this it works,:D,HRP

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat colSpan=5>The H.A.M.B. Marketplace </TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY id=collapseobj_forumbit_29><TR align=middle><TD class=thead width="5%"> </TD><TD class=thead align=left width="50%"></TD><TD class=thead width="25%"></TD><TD class=thead width="10%"></TD><TD class=thead width="10%"></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=alt2>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=f45 align=left>Classifieds
    Traditional hot rod & custom cars, parts, and other goods for sale and wanted.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

22. bigflatheadman

bigflatheadman
    from Indiana

Great old Truck ! Get'r goin' and try it out. If you don't like it sell it (to me) I enjoy drivin' my old stock truck around, and get a lot of great feedback too ! Go on and give it a try !!

23. retromotors

retromotors

I'd go along with everyone else ... you probably need to move it on to someone who would appreciate it more.
    (I'd volunteer, but I couldn't afford a monkey's breakfast!):D

Whatever you decide, please keep the 350 in the crate and under the bench.
    (At least in regards to this project.)

24. nutajunka

nutajunka

I second that thought.