Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rumblers show shut down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratrod37, Aug 20, 2011.

1. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

how about the VW bug who was pulling onto the street from the other road and he was intentionally holding up traffic and not getting out of the way. I certainly hope that VW was a friend of his or the car show's as it also appears that backed up to the front bumper and then took off. that street is also quite packed with expensive bikes, cars, and hundreds of people.

2. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

The bike did not touch the VW's bumper at all. I'd also be willing to bet that the driver of the bug is doing just fine and wont be admitted to a hospital for treatment related to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder due to the days events.

3. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i just love how motorcyclists out there (not all) tend to think they own the road. sure; they shoud be respect on the road...but they don't own the road and they cant do whatever the hell they want because your "badass". this coming from fellow motorcylists who tend to follow the rules of the road and ride safely. We've had a pack of motorcyclists pass us in a right hand slow vehicle lane when we were doing more than the speed limit and then get in front of us and slam on the breaks as the right hand lane was ending and then wave on 10 more bikes past us so they could get all of their "buddies" back in their pack. He slammed on the breaks so hard we almost ran his ass over with a full sized dodge pick-up towing our new project home in an enclosed car trailer.

bottom line is that he was improperly operating a motorcycle on a public road that could've endangered a lot of people and himself. that car could've run him over if they turned the corner fast enough...instead he held up the car and wouldnt let them through for the sake of acting like an idiot.

4. Big Nick

Big Nick

I think I need to go to charm school so I can hang with you! You are really such a good law abiding citizen, thanks for all the teachings today.

5. Big Nick

Big Nick

Brian, what hospital and room number, I think I should send flowers! Wouldnt that be the right thing to do?

6. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

my pleasure. its thrilling trying to have a discussion with a bunch of people who thinks its okay to perform such stunts jeopordizing the lives of so many people around them. I mean really; its comforting. Like i said before; if the dude had actually hurt or killed someone with his actions; i'm sure you all wouldnt be defending his actions saying it was just an "accident" or making claims that it takes a lot of talent to do a wheelie on a harley. Im having flashbacks to the thread involving the two classic cars, the grandma and little girl, and the teen who fell asleep at the wheel and hit them head on. I recall a bunch of fellow HAMBers saying the kid is wrong, needs to be killed, spend the rest of his life in jail, be punished to the max....etc. me thinks this would be the same outcome of this thread if someone were actually hurt by such poor choices made by this man. I just cant justify defending such actions

7. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

maybe ill send them something too; apologizing for the idiot's actions and his overly big ego. Maybe ill send chocolate....that usually helps cure poor moods

8. Special Ed

Special Ed

Are you guys enjoying picking on this young lady, simply because she happens to give a shit about the welfare of others? :cool:

9. Big Nick

Big Nick

and if the driver is a diabetic? then what? You are not thinking clearly

10. Big Nick

Big Nick

And its just as difficult to have a discussion with someone who does everything right and has never been on the wrong side of the fence and is just the worlds best do gooder and obeys every law and respects everyone and everything. Catch my drift?

11. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Bottom line is that you've never been to the show once in the past eleven years that we've been putting it on, yet you're on some kind of crusade to try and convince people that it shouldn't be allowed to continue.

Bottom line is if you think that the bike cutting the VW off is some kind of bizarre occurrence, then you've never driven or rode a bike anywhere within the five boros of New York City. That car probably got cut off ten times earlier in the day, and five more times before it made it out of the neighborhood.

I'm not saying that cutting someone off is ok, but that's just the way it is around here.

Bottom Line, why not come out and support the hobby, rather than sitting at your computer passing judgment over a whole group of people based on one video that you saw. Come to the show next year, you just might enjoy yourself.

I'm not going to sit here and continue to argue, eating up The HAMB's bandwidth. If you don't like what you've read about the show, don't come. If you don't know what the shows about, then keep your prejudices to yourself until you come and experience it first hand.

A lot of really amazing people work really hard to put this show on, and a lot of great people come out every year. It's almost like one big family reunion, lots of handshakes, hugs, and people getting along. . . 99.99% of the folks who attend the show wouldn't miss it for the world, they keep coming back year after year after year. So we must be doing something right.

/end rant. :)

12. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Geez Louise, nobody is saying its ok, give it a rest already..

13. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

well if he's diabetic i'll send seomthing home-made and sguar-free. but im not about to make this a joking matter because i dont find this topic at all funny or something that should be taken lightly. There was a thread on here about a guy who took his son out for a ride in his nice chevy, tried a burnout (nothing new to him) lost control and put it in a ditch. It can happen to any of us. shit happens. now what if something like that happened at the show. Bottom line is that there is no room for error at an event like that.

I never said i do everything right and have never been on the wrong side of the fence. i've acted like plenty of an idiot myself and no, i dont take pride in that. I never said that...never tried to imply it. Its about acting responsibly and putting the big ego/showoff aside and understanding that youre at an event with hundreds of people in attendance and beautiful cars around. find a brain.

14. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

This is some shit..........obviously some people never been to the city. The people who live there are so used to being cut off it is just another day to them and no big deal.

15. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

youre missing my point. there are the fair share on here who seem to think his wheelie was badass, awsome, etc and the guy who did the burnout and just about lost it. i think the show is great, awsome cars, great place to have it, etc. i just dont see how people think such actions of acting like an idiot are okay.

16. Muttley

Muttley

Comedy^^^

17. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i drive with NYC, Mass-holes, and jersey drivers on a daily basis. i know how they drive...yes its terrifying...and yes they love to cut people off. nothing new

18. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Looks like a fun time too bad the ations of one dude (who wasn't even a part of the show) has to have any effect on this year or next. When people start getting out of hand in an unsafe way it is up to all of us to let them know its not cool. It seems to me like the bike to the chest may be enough to open anyones eyes . Im all for having a good time but that was a little sketchy.

19. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I can't tell you how many times I was cut off in my hot rod by everyone on the way to the show from Staten Island to the BQE from women in mini vans with their kids to old ladies in their Buicks and then high dollar Benz's and an occasional big truck to everything else whipping in and out of traffic .............lol...........it was worse than being at the show. But what an experience..........I loved every white knuckle moment of getting there. .........That is NYC for you :).

20. Larry T

Larry T

Ya ever notice how most threads start going down the drain after the second or third page?
    Larry T

21. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Larry, do you really expect quality content at page 11?

22. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I want one of those Atomic shirts from you

23. Larry T

Larry T

Ya can always hope! :)

24. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

You can order it though the site: www.AtomicHotRods.com

I'll be leaving for The West Coast tomorrow, I'll be there about a week. If you get your order in today I'll make sure it ships out before I leave.

Thanks for the support!

25. Big Nick

Big Nick

Thats what I said since the first post, shit happens, never said the wheelie was ok or the burn outs, I know there is no room for error but it happens. Why do you think the sidewalks are packed with people? They are waitign for it as they do every year, its part of what goes on, like it or not. If you dont then dont participate. What can I tell you. You have a very rightous way or wording things. I get myself in trouble, I show off, I let my ego get the best of me, its called being human, we cant all be perfect. If you dont like it dont attend but dont pass judgement on something you have never been too or supported or someone you dont know. If you saw us riding back from the show you would be cursing us too, in and out of traffic, riding the shoulder, doing 100 down the parkway, shit I made it half way home and my headlight blew out, the right thing to do would be pull over and call a tow, I just twisted back to get home faster. Its what happens. I dont sit in traffic on a bike, I split. Do I own the road? Nope, I know bad things can happen but what can you do, it happens. And as far as finding a brain, I know where it is and I use it when I want, I guess not as often as you would like though. And yes sometimes I am proud of acting like an idiot, its fun. You dont have to like it or me. And to be honest, I thought the first 3 wheelies were bad ass, its pretty hard to ride a wheelie like that.

26. Why is this thread still open?

27. Joe Riot

Joe Riot
    from N Y of C

:eek:

28. Events get shut down all the time for one basic reason: Some dumbass(s) fucks it up for everyone else who showed up with good intentions.

I know of one show I grew up going to that went from being all about the cars to being all about getting stupid drunk, getting in fights, wrecking your car (because you were stupid drunk), having the biggest 'Show Me Your TITS!' sign on your car, and - because of the previous - random public nudity (which some didn't mind all that much).

Two things happened. 1) We (and a lot of other car people) stopped going and 2) the town eventually decided to tell the promoters to take a hike.

29. 33cruiser

33cruiser

Getting a little off topic from what the thread is all about and starting to take on the ethics police duties....I think we get the point...a few times...over and over....point taken....thou shall not be an a-hole.

That said...the Rumblers always have great shows...NYC or other (Cleveland in my case) and look forward to their Oct. 1st show in Cleveland. Hoping the show in NYC isn't shutdown permanently....would like to go next year.

Keep up the great work guys!!!!

30. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Because people are having fun hassling each other over a dead horse. Not everything needs to be serious business.

A lot of good points where made, and a lot of bad points too. . . but the main thing is that I got some good laughs out of the thread and it's nice to see that some people support the show.

. . . and I think that as a direct result of this thread, Farmer Girl is going to start a "Wheelie Awareness" support group for people who have suffered trauma at the sight of a wheelie. It will help those who have seen a wheelie first hand get the help that they both need and deserve.

So something good came out of it in the end. :rolleyes: