Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rumblers show shut down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratrod37, Aug 20, 2011.

1. low-down-n-dirty

low-down-n-dirty
    BANNED
    from ohio

Guess ALL people that ride bikes are asshole's huh ? Thats what we get for letting fags like you drive hotrods ! DICKHEAD !

2. BCR

BCR

A car guy , a biker and a skateboarder walk into a bar each carrying a roller blader under their arm, the riot cop says to the......

Friends don't let friends bring riot cops to the car show

Suck the show got shut down but what a story.

3. papajohn

papajohn

I think "skitching" is hanging onto the rear bumper an being pulled on !your skateboard,or blades without the driver knowing.

In Buffalo, the kids grab the back bumper of the school bus when there is snow, and get pulled around on their boots !

4. sugarlou

sugarlou

Read this whole thing and i have no fucking idea what actually got the show shut down...Anyone here have some actual FACTUAL firsthand info?

5. back2thewoods

back2thewoods
    from ct.

again to the rumbler's hats off, great job, i came down from ct. with the frankenstiened caddy powered rat, had a blast, thanks to all the guys and all your hard work, excellent show.

6. monsterflake

monsterflake

rollerbladers are the rat rodders of the skate scene...

7. Special Ed

Special Ed

Funniest thread I've read on here in a very long time... Thanks for the laughs! :D

8. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

Sorry, but i fail to see anything funny about the possible end of a great event

9. 63econo

63econo
    from NJ

Snitches get stitches

10. Larry T

Larry T

We've had a cruise weekend going on for 22 years in my little town. About 10 years ago it got pretty western with burnouts, fights, folks raising hell on 4 wheelers on the sidewalks, and even some out of town groups coming in and shooting at each other.
    Cops, residents, and the club that puts the cruise on got together and put a lid on things. Is it as wild and as much "fun" as it used to be? Maybe not, but it's still going on and I don't think anyone has died because of the activities.

Sturgis isn't what it was back in the 70's either.

If you're gonna have a wide open "party", better do it out in the country not downtown.
    Larry T

11. S1B

S1B

From the few times I've been there in the past....
    The Hells Angles have always been there!
    The cops never gave a crap with what went on!
    Would nice to hear the story from a 1st hand witness. Not speculation

12. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

aside from all the speculation, and the who heard this and who saw that, the rumblers did a fantastic job of putting on another killer show! it will be a shame if it was the last one, but at least i can say i was there. what ever really happened is now over, and we will just have to wait and see what the future holds for them. i doubt if this temporary dark cloud is going to stop them from putting on a show bigger and better next year! thanks guys.

13. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I have always wanted to get to this gig.This year it was on same date as Hardcore Happening in Leroy..We had our own incident with a bike.During one of the Many smoke shows out on the road, Kens hill climb style road worrior hooked a little too much payment and threw him off after 15 ft.A little roadrash and scuffs on bike.Host Uncle Jessie just said,Ive done that dozens of times and we all had a laugh.Now the setting is wayout in the sticks and the cops and neighbors are cool to it.Ive heard that the Rumblers bust their asses too put this on,it would be a shame to see it go.More pictures please of that show to see what I missed.

14. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

The hardest part of rollerblading is telling your parents your gay.

Sounded like a fun show and a good time until the the fruit booters ruined it.

15. First time I went and glad I did. It was a great show before it got shut down. Didn't see any mayhem or crazy stuff you might expect in the city and I've lived here all my life. There was one guy who did a burnout on his bike - but it was in the bed of his pickup. Alot more tattoos and mohawk hair than I'm used to seeing but that was on the women anyway. Everyone was polite and waited for you to take a picture - see my photo thread I posted. Usually you can't ever get a clear shot of something and this show was crowded. Hats off to the Rumblers and hopefully there is another show in their future.

16. For the old timers, "there are a million stories in the Naked City and this has been one of them." Rumblers, great show as usual, and with no way to control entrance it's a real challenge to keep the peace. This show has a vibe like no other, but if the site is no longer available hopefully Rumblers can find another venue. It a 440 mile road trip for us and a shitload of tolls but worth it.

17. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

To be honest, no one knows what happened.

One thing I do know for certain is that whatever is rumored to have happened did not involve any members of The Rumbers C.C. and it did not happen within the boundaries of the area that the permit for the car show covers.

. . . and for that, there was no reason for anyone in full riot gear to sweep through the show threatening, arresting, and intimidating people (families with children, the elderly, etc.).

For all anyone knows something could have happened with a passerby on the street, or something could have happened with a participant, or spectator from the "rollerblading" exhibition in the adjacent parking lot. . . which had well over a thousand attendees filtering in and out throughout the day, and WAS NOT shut down during what the police felt to be a "State of Emergency".

The NYPD acted completely inappropriately and targeted The Rumblers Car Show based on the appearance, common misconceptions, and stereotypes of the spectators that attend the event.

18. Clik

Clik

The last time I was in NYC was back in the early sixties. I was just a kid and was facinated to see the whole back of buses covered with Black kids hanging on to the bumpers on roller skates.

I was also impressed by the view from the freeway looking down and seeing the streets looking like they were paved in metal flake, which was really all the broken glass.

I checked out a bunch of Youtube videos of the 2011 rumblers show and didn't see anything worth shutting it down for. A couple of burnouts and a dude drops his bike doing a wheelie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0vH8JKyzlA
    Big deal.

Cops and snob citizen control freaks need to get the stick out of their asses.

Back in the day we had cars doing wheelies and burnouts at the hang-outs all the time. No one got hurt. Now-a-days you're expected to keep things at an idle, mosey in to the shows and sit in your lawn chair.

19. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks Brian, We had a blast. The show was fun, safe and considering where it is was located, very mellow indeed. I brought my son. Folks had strollers. Thanks RUMBLERS for a fantastic event. Can’t wait till next year. Slim

20. Von Franco

Von Franco

OK, for one thing what do people expect the show is "the Rumblers Show" there's gonna be a Rumble somewhere ha ha ,........

21. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

http://www.newyorkshitty.com/williamsburg/?p=65626

Here's an heart warming story, a woman took photos of the police at the show. . . once the photos surfaced online the Detective in charge issued this statement:

"Miss Heather I noticed you have pictures of the car show. The event was larger then allowed. They were permitted for only two blocks but it stretched from Union to Manhattan ave. Several cars and motorcycles started drag racing. I ordered the event closed early and dispersed the crowd we made two arrest and issued numerous summonses. We will not allow them to get a permit next year."

What's interesting here is that in past years the cops were the ones doing the burnout's (or at least trying to):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9v1ae2KtF0

22. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

maybe I am being a wuss but no way would I even dream of doing a burnout without a linelock in the middle of that crowd...

23. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I had a blast at this event and would go there with my wife and kids next year without thinking twice about it. Thank you Rumblers for putting on this event

24. monsterflake

monsterflake

rumblers gotta rumble! otherwise, they wouldn't be rumblers, would they?

25. [​IMG]

26. 100% Matt

100% Matt

The show will go down in history that's for sure. The NYPD is lucky they didn't have a full scale riot on their hands. Their handing of the situation was pathetic, especially the arrest of the two HA members.. The "officer involved in the mix-up" was in plain clothes and did not identify himself as an officer. before he physically laid hands the unsuspecting arrestee. Additionally the other gentlemen that was arrested was charged with interfering when he inquired what was happening. The situation could have easily been handled better. Through out the day I noticed undercover officers within the crowd. A proactive uniformed police presence especially one to shut down the burn-outs and motorcycle riding antics on the street would have made a world of diffrence.

That's my opinion if you disagree that's fine.

On the upside... I had a blast and it was especially cool meeting Alex and Dave Hitchinson and seeing lots of old friends. Thank you Rumblers CC!

27. cowboy.3d

cowboy.3d
    from Austin TX

Sorry to here the show was shut down, I know how much work y'all put into making it happen.

28. monsterflake

monsterflake

29. Up until the time I left (at 1:00) the show was actually more mellow than past years. I'll be very disappointed if this is the of the show. Congrats and thanks to the Rumblers for putting on one badass show!!!!!!!!

30. Backage

Backage
    from New York

Iis bull someone had a hard on for the show.And I also thought it was a liitle mellower this year too.And how they not give a permit,Every year there is a problem at the West Indian day parade,Rape and wilding at PR parade and no one says a word about that.