Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rude comments about my car whats the deal ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grazy, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tie'um to the bumper and drag'um!

2. When a situation like this arises with me,I usually say why don't you just buy this son of a bitch and you can do just exactly what you want to with it !!!! It's a cying shame people are so critical sometimes. We've all seen cars they we didn't like for one reason or another and that's fine. Most people try to do the best they can with their cars whether it's what they have to work with,funds or their skills!!! Admire them all for what they are. If you don't have anything good to say about don't say anything at all !!! It's somebody's pride and joy. LET IT BE just that !!!

3. big bad john

big bad john

...Ever wonder why there are more assholes than asses?...How you know why .....and lately seems like they around guys that build hotrods

4. I would have looked at that guy and said " Nobody asked you, and besides I really don't give a f#*k what you think it's not yours.

5. 46mercury

46mercury
    from livonia MI

I always bring my clunker to car shows and park it in the line just to watch people look at me funny or nervously move their cars like the primer is gonna rub off or something. They're all sitting behind or between the cars in lawn chairs all day looking bored outta their minds.

The people who built their cars with their checkbooks don't appreciate my car...but plenty of folks do.

6. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I go by the saying "The more i know people the better i like my dog" People are just getting ruder and ruder in this world.

7. Just ask them where the car they built is. They usually have no answer for that. And most of the ones who do are either bullshitting you, or if they can produce a car they bought it already done.

8. Several years ago a guy I sorta knew came up to my OT Dart at a show and started critiquing my car, he formally working in a body shop. I listened patiently and before long he stammered......."uh....well....I don't have a car." He quietly walked away.

9. Just what the world needs, another stock Model A! They are so rare . . . :D

10. People just open their mouths without thinking of the consequences of the words they are saying....

I had some woman tell me that my dog was "one of those dogs that kill people, and it should be PUT TO DEATH" at the Post Office the other day!

11. I recently had a situation where a person I know was telling folks that he didn't think the interior on my 39 was original. Knowing the complete back ground of the car and the original owner I got the car from I just let it slide. This person is a very good Mach. and Fab man, and I don't think he ment anything by it, but some might take it as smack talk in another situation.

12. You said too much to him to start with. I have discovered in my life that when I can't think of anything else to say, go fuck yourself, works real well.

I haven't trademarked it by the way, you are welcome to use it anytime you like, no charge.

13. Interesting how a lot of people say they don't care, build it for yourself, etc. Yet, if you really "don't care what someone says, you would totally ignore any comment..good or bad.
    The thing is most really do care..admit it or not.
    While we are admitting things, I'll admit there are a lot of "experts, chest beaters, etc. in our hobby, and that can apply to any hobby..even your wifes quilting exhibition/show.

14. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

It's his parents fault.
    We have gotten soft on disipline and not teaching respect for others and self.

One day someone will kick his butt over a comment like that and he will learn to keep his opinions to himself.

MrC.

15. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Ever see the show "What's My Car Worth"? Seems like it is either the owner thinking his car is worth twice what it should be, or the hosts of the show picking a nice car apart to being worth way less that it is. Not much to do with reality.

16. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

I ask them if they ever built a car from the ground up ! and what are you driving?When they say what it is I just laugh and walk away. Also you could say if you don't have anything good to say sometimes it is best to keep your mouth shut and stop making a fool of yourself.

17. MrC,
    That may or may not work. I have a lot of experience in the butt kicking dept, a few times on the receiving end of it, although I don't normally admit that.

What I have learned from all my vast experience is this one thing, you can't fix stupid.

18. THE BRONSON

THE BRONSON

Amen brother, some people just dont even deserve a response

19. I was at Goodguys in 2006 (the last one I went to) with my 25 roadster (see below), parked next to a bunch of gold chainers in their $90K pastel streetrods. They were talking pretty loud and I kept overhearing them talk about my car and they'd be embarrassed to bring a car to Goodguys like that with no paint and no interior.

I had a silver sharpie marker with me and kind of wanted to know what flames would look like on the car, so I pulled a Jim "Jake" Jacobs and started free-hand drawing them out on the side of the car.

All of those ignorant fools were sitting in kind of a semi-circle talking and it just got dead silent when I started doing that. I wasn't looking at them but my brother said they were just staring at the scene in disbelief.

I ended up not really liking the flames and sandpapered them off, but it was soooo worth it.

I've always thought that one of the coolest moments in hotrodding was when Jacobs started painting his phaeton with a brush at the West Coast Nationals. It was at the height of the gold chain, billet movement and really struck a chord with me.

Attached Files:

20. alpar

alpar
    from SD

Since you can't grow any balls, buy a 4 door you'll get used to such things.

21. lugnutx2

lugnutx2
    from MidWest

I always say "The job is always easier when you ain't doin' it!"

22. 32phil

32phil
    from New York

I have Hot Rods and restored cars. I love the history on the restored cars and the innovation on the Hot Rods. I appreciate what it takes to build either one. Asking what a mouthy critic brought to a show usually sends them scurrying back to the rock they crawled out from under. If that does not work asking if they built it themselves usually does. Ignoring them always works.

23. HotRod33

HotRod33

Porknbeaner, you have a way with words......lol

24. Truckedup

Truckedup

Man,who gives a shit about opinions of a vehicle.I mean a guy called my girlfriend at the time a slut and I took that as a compliment.

25. man oh man...this place is always good for a laugh! :eek::D:D:D

26. Anyone that has been into hot rods as long as I have has heard these kind of comments for the past 40 years or so,,man,you screwed up a good car,,sometimes they were right but I didn't take it t heart.

It's like the guy that comes up and says nice car,is it steel or glass?

They don't know but if you happen to say glass they quickly reply "I wouldn't have a glass car",,you ask them what they are driving and they clam up or point to a ratty pickup,,with a bald front tire,a different colored hood and the side of the bed caved in from their close encounters with a tree or a brick wall while consuming massive amounts of foamy beverages while driving around Sh*t faced.

There are always gonna be guys that try to find fault,most of us are smart enough to keep our opinions to ourselves,,that is unless provoked!:rolleyes: HRP

27. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

All I can say is put 2 shows side by side. Put 100 cars in each, one being antiques and the other being rods and such then see where the crowd goes. I know realistically that won't happen but you get my point.

I too have gotten snide remarks about my cars but have gotten more compliments than cut downs including here on the HAMB. My car ain't traditional and I don't have a bottomless wallet. I built it with what I had, what I could afford and with what limited knowledge I have as well as a whole lot of help from friends and other friends on the HAMB.

Next time just say " Ya know , I kept waiting on your check but it never came so I had to build it MY WAY instead" that's worked for me!:D

Enjoy that car brother afterall it's yours!

48 Poncho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.