Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods RT 66 stops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vtwhead, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Been on a road trip to CA. Our annual trek to see the kids. This year with time permitting we have stopped at Elk City, OK to see the RT66 National Museum. Of course we stopped on a Sunday and it does not open until 2pm but we did walk around and look at Old Town. This should be on everyone's bucket list as you travel around the states.
    Yesterday, we stopped at Clinton, Ok to visit the state RT66 Museum. Awesome facility and surely should be on the B list for all. Think we spent nearly two hours going thru the exhibits. Took 70 pics! Couple attached. Place is stuffed with memorabilia and they have a great museum shop with all those Rt66 mementos

Folded this ol girl up on 66
    101_4104.JPG

One of many pics on display. I ID'd some of these guys
    101_4112.JPG

2. I'd love to do that some time. Is this all the pics you have?

3. No, I have a bunch of shots but I have to resize them all and I am on the road with the RV complicating the procedure a bit. I will work on it tonight.

4. This is cool as I will be doing the lower part next year after speed week. Will be watching. JW

5. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

This is definitely a trip I hope to make before it is all gone. Thanks soo much for taking us along!!!

6. John Doe 55

John Doe 55
    from Georgia

I was on the old Route 66 a few weeks ago. Williams, Seligman and Oatman, all in Arizona are neat old towns. Oatman is a step back in time, an old mining town that has wild donkeys walking the street. I was dissapointed in Calif. though, the road was barricaded between Essex and Amboy, and West of Amboy it was barricaded also. Amboy was as far as I went as my route took me to 29 Palms and into L.A.