Register now to get rid of these ads!

RPU input?.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spitfire1776, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

....with this 29 RPU I have, been messing with some ideas. I have thehood, cowl and the bed to it, but no doors or tub back. Got me to thinking - what about building woodie doors and rear tub section. I have experience forming wood, so thats not an issue. The picture in my head seems like it appeals to me. But I gotta know, are the voices that also reside in my head twisting this picture into something its not. Anybody see one in real life that would prove to me - STEER AWAY.

By the way I'm speaking of properly done woodie, NOT 2x4's and marine ply.

2. I've thought about that myself.........I just have WAY too many projects to start an other one............I say go for it.!!!

3. 22 track

22 track

4. Frank

Frank

I've been thinking about the same thing with my 28. I wanted to make the body a lift off kind of deal from behind the doors so I could go from van to rpu.

I have a friend offer me a bunch of wood from an old pipe organ once used in a big church. Not sure what kind of wood it would be though. Possibly poplar.
    Not sure what woods would be suitable for a body.

5. Having danced the roadster pickup dance recently, I will chime in here. I think it would be a fairly easy thing to take a pair of 2 door sedan doors and cut the tops off, fill them, and they should bolt to your cowl, and the body curvature should be the same. I built mine from a 2 door sedan, and used the back portion of the sedan body. If I were to do it again, I would form the back part of the body from steel conduit and sheet metal.

Attached Files:

6. Ok, forgive the crudeness of this picture - I am not at home with my computer. All they have here is MS Paint. Is this what we are talking about:

Attached Files:

7. I was thinking about this thread this weekend. While I was waiting for the little woman I grabbed a pencil and paper that was laying around and sketched out this:

Attached Files: