Register now to get rid of these ads!

RPU body help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by str8 6 str8 edge, Dec 12, 2007.

1. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

I recently bought an RPU project. It came with no floor whatsoever. I bought a new floor assembly , quarter panels and all the bracing. What is the proper way to connect the quarter panel/bracing to the sub-floor. I have an idea, but I'd love to see some photos of a raw interior, or at least this area, before I start welding. Thanks for the help.

2. the-rodster

the-rodster

What model?

Rich

3. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

Sorry, it's a 28-29.

4. rainh8r

rainh8r

On a 28-9 it's all about rivets and spotwelds. There is a curved brace at the front of the quarters that spotwelds to the inside of the door jam and has a rivet or two holding it to the subframe. The subframe crossmembers have rivets and spotwelds holding them to the main body rails. The cowl base has a rivet and a bolt holding it to the main body rails. There is very little holding a RPU body together- just the 3 interior braces on each side and the back panel has rivets/welds to the subframe crossmember. The quarters are folded over at the bottom of each side to the subframe, too. Very basic and it all comes loose really easy.

5. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

Thanks, that helps.