Register now to get rid of these ads!

History route 66 at walmart

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasmanm01, Jun 27, 2013.

1. just to let all know, i was in wally world and there is a display of dvds on different subjects, and one is a 5 cd set in a nice metal box, with a postor and old post cards on the history of route 66, for 9.97. it is a nice deal for the price.:D

2. So, is it narrated in Mexican, or Chinese

3. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

what's walmart?

4. rockfish

rockfish

No smart ass comments like the cool guys above. Just a thank you for the info.

5. no problem, it seems to be the normal in this day and time. next time i will just keep it to myself.

6. 46stude

46stude

Don't keep stuff like that to yourself. Some people are online just to show how cool they are in unreality, since they're kinda pussies in real life...... ;)

7. paintcan54

paintcan54

Thanks for the info, I'm off work friday I'll go and check it out.

8. Gotta remember,,If your from the South somebody has it in for you.

Funny how all you wise guys know exactly what he's talking about.:mad: HRP

9. Your right not everyone shows ther true side. I have met some good people here. I just watched the first seven chapters. Very good

10. Marv64

Marv64

Gasman thanks for the info. Sounds like something i would like to own. I will see if i can get to wall mart and get aset.

11. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

i didnt know route 66 went by wall mart. i must have missed that exit!!

12. The first step to recovery for these critics is to admit they are assholes!

13. Some members are very flexible. HRP

[​IMG]

14. My ancestors are from the south, fought with the CSA, moonshined, walked the trail of tears, picked cotton and even married cousins but ding dangit I still cant cipher the original post .... are we talking about route 66 the TV show or just a history lesson on route 66 the road .... which??

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  15. my50chevy

my50chevy

I'm bilingual in mexican, so I can understand the language. lol

my50chevy

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sounds good and the price is right. I'm into saving money.

17. seatex

seatex

Scored Two Lane Blacktop there years ago. You just never know what might pop up!

18. ibflyin

ibflyin
    from Tulsa, OK

Thank you for the heads up, Gasman! I just ordered a set online. My wife and I are planning to travel part of Route 66 next summer (gotta finish one or both of the projects in the shop!). My mom and dad just bought a really cool '36 Hudson Terraplane and we're hoping they'll go with us. This dvd set will help us plan our trip.

Again, thanks!

19. Be sure to take ThE camera with you to Walmart. Might run up on a Kodac moment.

20. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

If its the Route 66 "Marathon Tour Chicago to L.A." Its a great deal. I bought it like 5 years ago for $15 at Best Buy. Disc 5 covers the last leg from like Barstow down Cajon pass to old Foothill Blvd. I was watching it as they interviewed the owner of "The Magic Lamp" restaurant. I kept thinking boy that looks familiar. I was a pantry cook there in 77 ish. ( The 70's were kinda hard on me).

If any of you shit talkers ever actually drive route 66, there is a Wally World right on the old road(Now 4 lane) at the south side of Victorville Ca about 2 miles before you drop down the hill to the Route 66 arch. Something tells me its not the only one. So you should be OK.

21. Deuces

Deuces

What he ^^^ sez...????

22. Deuces

Deuces

There are times that I've been caught in this... Situation...:eek:

23. imperialman67

imperialman67
    from minnesota

So I'm not the only one. I'm from Minnesota, so not the south, but that was my thought too. The TV show or the highway?

24. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Thanks Gasman, and a Good Comment from HRP. Southern Guys have to stick together. I am originally from Georgia and have relatives in Cartersville. Jeff

25. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I don't like walmart. I hate being around the people it attracts. (Screamin kids and groteskly obese ladies on a 90 degree day) I am buffering it to stay politicaly correct. But I do like the "People of Walmart " emails.... I have a buddy who goes with his wife every chance he gets, and he looks like a Chinese tourist with his camera around his neck. He has started some real good threads.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up. I will probably go up to the video store or amazon, they probably also carry it, I know the Rt 66 museum in Ill has some great vids, they might be a little more pricey, but its for a good cause.

26. Blackwater ain't got no walmart?

27. I was just in lower southeast Missouri visiting my family, while at the local Walmart I overheard a proud mom say. "She's swifter than I was when I was that old", I just chuckled to myself.

28. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

as big as are city is their still ani't no walmart and never will be. we support local stores around here.

29. Deuces

Deuces

Good for you!!!..;)
    We here in Michigan have 86 stores... Sad, ain't it???..:(
    I do my part not to shop at any of them...