Register now to get rid of these ads!

Round back or square back

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by qmdv, Dec 7, 2012.

1. It seems that the round back spindles are more popular than the square back spindles for a hot rod ford.

Why is that?

Tim

2. Tim: Hasn't been too many years that it was the other way around. If you hang around long enough it will swing back to square. I think it has a lot to do with what is popular at the time. I'm sure you will get some opinions about why one is better than the other. I've used both. Don't really have a preference either way. Like them both, do the same job. Tim

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

The proper grease cups and backing plates for juice brakes boot up without modifying the bolt holes. That and they just plain look better.

4. walls

walls

Never really noticed but, I think I prefer the square. They don't repop them as far as I know. At least not sold by Socal or Speedway. You know they're original Ford.

5. TERPU

TERPU

Whatever I have that matches in my stash currently. That's how I determine it. Same with brakes. 39-42 style or 46-48. No matter just make sure they match.

Tim

6. 117harv

117harv

I think he is talking about the later square spindles, they have the same pattern.

I think they both look good, maybe the round are more popular because they are round like the backing plates?