Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW MERCH!!!!!!

Hey guys... It's that time of the year again and we are introducing some new shirts in the Jalopy Journal store - including our first ever pocket shirt! So, if you are in the need for some new threads go here:
    The Jalopy Journal Store
    Dismiss Notice

Round 5 Sydney Dragway 26 August 2017

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Aug 28, 2017.

1. spanners

spanners

First up, I hope everyone is safe and sound in the face of the shitty weather heading your way.
    Last Saturday it was off to Sydney for the next round of the championships. Unfortunately with Jeff and Steve heading off to Queensland to live, we only had 3 starters. Ezio, Gerard and myself. For a while there I was the fastest qualifier which is very unusual. Best I ran was 13.8 which is the quickest I've run at Sydney. Gerard was second with 14s and Ezio running his usual 15.8.

I made the mistake of helping Gerard fix his tuning which gave him the quickest qualifying. The plugs of his Flathead were carboned up, possibly from not being used for a couple of months. We washed them out with carb cleaner and found one with a much reduced gap. On the next run he ran 13.6 but the gap on that plug had closed up by the end of the run. I was having traction trouble due to the cold temperatures and couldn't do better than 14.6. Up against Gerard in the shoot-out and this happened.

Took the win anyhow. I'd already buggered up the first run against Ezio with a red light.
    Me and Ezio ran the final. Due to the traction problems I dialed 14.45 and Ezio dialed 15.7. I then got the bright idea of doing a second burnout after the water box to get the water off the other tyre (my diff is an open centre). Bad move. Ran 14.09 and a win to Ezio again.

Thanks for watching. Gunnedah in 2 weeks and Six Banger Nats the following weekend and Sydney the following weekend. Hooroo.
    P.S. I gave the Crew Chief the day off from filming up in the stands but she'll be back.

2. bobw

bobw

Good show, spanners. You've got a heavy travel schedule.

3. BS!

BS!

Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. spanners

spanners

Thanks for the kind words. Luckily the missus and I travel very well together plus 40 years as a truck driver I still enjoy long distance drives. I'd rather hit the open road than drive in the city any day.
    Hopefully we'll see another HAMBster at Warwick Six Bangers? Hint hint:D

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. BS!

BS!

Getting closer but still not there yet. I Will come out to support the class and say g'day though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

Kool. Thanks for the videos.