Register now to get rid of these ads!

Round 4 Sydney Dragway May 2017

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, May 31, 2017.

1. spanners

spanners

Round 4 at Sydney was run and won last Saturday, but not by me. That spoilt the suspense now didn't it? Not to worry, I'll fill in the details anyway.
    We had 5 cars once again. Me, Dave, Jeff, Gerard and Ezio. If only we could get at least one more. There are more cars around Sydney but they don't come out to play. We get that many enquiries about cars for sale but they sit in people's sheds and don't get put up for sale. Rant over.
    Due to some of the big boys doing testing there was a couple of oil downs during the morning so we were reduced to 2 qualifying runs and instead of a 4 hour gap between runs we had 6 hours. Yep, you heard right, 6 ******* hours.
    First shoot out was against Ezio with me not having the brain in gear. I dialled 14.28 and overtook Ezio by half track , backed off, but not enough, and broke out with a 14.142. Gerard ran Dave with Dave red lighting. Jeff had the bye run.

2. spanners

spanners

Second shoot out was me against Jeff. I dialed 14.00 because of the previous run, suffered a heap of wheel spin but Jeff missed a gear and didn't overhaul me. A win to me.

Ezio took the win over Dave who had troubles launching. Gerard had the bye run.

3. spanners

spanners

Third shoot out had Ezio against Gerard with Ezio in his usual fashion running 15.80.on a 15.80 dial. He's like a bloody robot! Dave ran Jeff but had startline problems again with Jeff easily taking the win. I had the bye run and made a total mess of it. 60ft of wheelspin, missed a gear and did a 15.08 on a 14.00.
    That gave me 2 wins, Gerard 2 wins and Jeff 2. Jeff's were closer to his dial ins so he and Ezio ran the final.

This win takes Ezio way out in front in the championship.
    No more rounds at Sydney until August so thanks for coming along for the ride.

Black Knight Racing likes this.
  4. BS!

BS!

Another top report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. bobw

bobw

Spanners racing videos: the next best thing to being there. Hoping to get to the track this month myself.

6. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

thanks for the reports. Sitting and waiting for 6 hours would have put me off for sure.

7. spanners

spanners

Thanks for coming along for the ride. I've said it before, I'd love to be able to come over there and race you blokes and vice versa but as we know, distance is the problem. When does the race season start over there?