Register now to get rid of these ads!

Round 3 Sydney Dragway 22nd April 2017

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Apr 25, 2017.

1. spanners

spanners

I apologize if you were hanging by your 'short and curlys' waiting for a race report. Between recovering from an eighteen hour race day and fixing a couple of niggly problems with the race car and renovating 3 rooms in our 90 year old house, I've been slack. Plus our internet data ran out so I wasn't able to download videos.
    Anyhow, let's see if we can correct that.
    Saturday was another early start (5.00a.m.) down to Sydney, arrived 8.00a.m., and find I'm on the audit list. Sailed through that, ready to race at 9.10. After round 2 I wasn't quite sure what the car would run like. Cold track, cold tyres and lead foot. As the track commentators point out, all 90 H.P. overpowered the track.

Oh well, I still gave Gerard a hurry up.

Crosley likes this.
  2. spanners

spanners

Last round I ran the quickest time I've ever done at Sydney (14.143). Second run of the day and I did this (14.045) and to show it wasn't a fluke, backed it up with a 14.051. The only thing I changed from the previous round was the fuel tank I got for my birthday. Maybe shiny aluminum tanks make them go faster?

3. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from so cal

4. spanners

spanners

Thanks Tom. During the course of the day we had oil down delays, crashes, a young girl up in the upstairs building splitting her head open, fortunately nothing too serious but track protocol requires the paramedics to attend which meant a race delay. For something different we had rabbit get onto the track and was triggering the finish line beams. One bloke managed a 1.0 race time because of the rabbit. Damn Wascally Wabbit.
    The Chicago shoot outs started late which makes dialing in a time due to the different air. I dialed 14.03 against Ezio who's a very consistent racer. He red lit giving me the win with Gerard against Dave who's still coming to grips with Steve's car.

Next round was me against Dave. I left the dial at 14.03 and took the win. Ezio was against Gerard with Ezio snatching the win.

Third round I was against Gerard who usually comes on hard at the end. He did, just a little too hard, which gave me the win. That was 3 wins for me so what do I do? Break my cardinal rule and change my dial in.

Me and Ezio lined up for the final. No red light for me this time but I'd changed my dial from 14.03 to 14.3 thinking the car wouldn't run as well in the damp air. Wrong!
    14.076 on a 14.3 dial. Shit happens.

Crosley and blackknight like this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. spanners

spanners

The crew chief and I are off to Queensland this weekend for the Nostalgias so you'll have to wait for the next installment. Hooroo and thanks for coming along for the ride.

blackknight likes this.
  6. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from so cal

Thanks for the video. Keep having fun.

7. bobw

bobw

I enjoyed watching the races after dinner tonight.

8. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Had to forego my first meet this year due to float responsibilities. Sure is nice at least getting to watch y'all having fun. :cool: