Register now to get rid of these ads!

Round 2 Sydney Dragway March 2018

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Mar 24, 2018.

1. spanners

spanners

After a grueling couple of weeks holiday we made it back for round 2 of the championships. I tell you, having to sit on a train travelling across Australia with nothing to do but watch the scenery go by, go for meals in the dining car (restaurant quality I might add) then adjourn to the bar for drinks was a sacrifice that I had to make. How about sitting at a table on the edge of the Nullabour Plain under the stars being served roast lamb with mint sauce and baked potatoes? No, I don't feel guilty.
    My apologies for no in car footage as I thought I'd fixed the problem with the Sony camera but it didn't like the rapid acceleration I get.:D:D
    Four of us were there again. Gerard still hasn't got his back together but hopefully next time. I'd made a couple of changes to mine after the clutch issues last time. The master cylinder was full of crap. I had it stainless steel sleeved a while back but didn't pull it apart, just bolted it in. I replaced it with a cable setup. Lighter and no hydraulics to worry about. I'd also altered the position of the accelerator pedal to fix one problem and created another. The pedal would slide past the throttle stop and jamb. Don't you just love it when you go to change gears and it's stuck on flat out in neutral? Needless to say my first couple of runs were shithouse.
    The other blokes were having a couple of good runs with no worries. When we got to the Shootout runs the weather started to look pretty crap and it didn't disappoint . We got one run done and down came the rain. That was the day, done and dusted. Thank you linesmen, thank you ball boys, everyone go home. Dang!:mad:

Round 3 in April plus Willowbank Nostalgias. Stay tuned and in tune.

Crosley likes this.
  2. bobw

bobw

Glad you are getting the mechanical problems fixed.

Like Will Rogers says, "Everybody complains about the weather but nobody does anything about it".