Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rotted 50 Chevy wagon, Worth anything?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rooster, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Rooster

Rooster

A friend of mine is scrapping out a bunch of old rotting down mess in his back yard which contains several sad examples of 50's iron. One of them is a 50 Chevy wagon which no longer has floors or much wood, etc... It's my curiousity if this car may provide a basis for a wagon conversion of a 4-dr, or should I just leave the thought alone. I'm in no position to do this but I don't want to see waste where there may be interest. It would seem that someone looking to make a wagon could use much of what's available still from the middle upward. Are these "woodies" even generating that much interest? I'm trying to encourage him to find the most profitable and most beneficial to interested parties way to dispose of what is being labeled an eyesore.

Please let's not get into the whole "clean-up" arguments though. There's little left of what's going, and it must go...

2. JamesG

JamesG

Fifties Chevy wagons didn't have real wood I don't think. They were called "Tin Woodies" because they had painted on wood on the sides.

[​IMG]

3. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

1 low.... your signature got me LMAO :D

4. leadsled01

leadsled01

Tin woodies do have real wood. Just not much of it.

5. Rooster

Rooster

Yes, the only "Wood" was inside while outside they're painted. I agree they're pretty cool lookin, and would be great custom material. Just wonder if they're hard enough to come by that someone might actually make one of something else. Seems to me that a 4-dr would work if you used evrything from the side spear upwards from the cowl back, and the whole rear sheetmetal. His lower tailgate is fairly sad though.

6. JamesG

JamesG

LOL, it's so true!