Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rotator for engine stand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roseville carl, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Cast iron gears and steel shaft

Rich if you notice on mine I had to put 45 degree braces to the main frame as the weight of a fully loaded engine and trans would actually pull up on the bottom gear and get loose not a good thing but with the reinforcements it works great with a complete flattie and C4 attached you want the chain not to slip ......... most of these cheap engine stands have too much clearance and slop in them..........so everything has to be tight, besides I knew that Chevys were good for something............

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

You can't see it in my pictures but there is a sturdy 45 angle plate in the center of the winch mount. But the two tubes on top really are not a precision fit. As the center tube moves around it belt can become slightly loose. And the teeth aren't very deep. Your use of a chain is a better idea. But this was what was close by.

3. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Kerry, I used a 1/3 hp 90volt DC motor. First it was FREE - Second - it's easy to change directions - but mostly cause it was free ;-)

4. Okicombo

Okicombo

I know this is an old thread, but very cool.
    Inspiring.

5. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

DSCN0001.JPG In the end, the belt broke on mine. So I replaced it with cam and crank gears from a 317 Lincoln. On the Lincoln there would normally be a chain. But it works fine as just a set of straight cut gears

Okicombo likes this.
  6. Love it Rich, always like the repurposing of things!!!

7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I think I'd want some kind of guard over those gears. I'd fool around and get my hand in there and mash the crap out of it!