Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rookies trip to Bonneville...With Videos!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by phoenix5x, Aug 21, 2012.

1. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Well I know there have been plenty of Bonneville threads posted I hope one more will not anger anyone. I do however have one thing added that i have not seen yet and that is some videos at the starting line. This will be linked through photobucket but still pretty cool I think. I am by no means a professional just very excited to have gotten to go to Bonneville even though I was in the wreck of the 32 5 Window, Knowing that i still would have done it all over again...

I will post a select amount of pictures but include the link to the photobucket so you may look at the remaining photos as I took over 1100 photos that include 3 days of travel time to the salt, 4 days on the salt, and 4 days returning home to Cincinnati. The full album is at the link below.

http://s1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg525/phoenix5x/

But will start off with a little rear view mirror action.

[​IMG]

We did happen to run into a little rain storm which Drew was loving in the tub.

[​IMG]

Some sunset on the 1st day.

[​IMG]

Now we get to the fun stuff...Being a rookie I think the best part of Bonneville was Tech. I would recommend that if you have never been to Bonneville make sure that you make it to the salt at least by friday morning and watch Tech. I have been to drags before but nothing like this. Seeing the cars all pulled apart was pretty awesome.

[​IMG]

The Gullwing mercedez was really neat

[​IMG]

Little Belly tank action

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some more tech

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is however neat to get to the flats early and and get a few shots of your cars at the 0 marker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well now if you want after tech you can usually get to watch some racing so i got a few videos out there at the starting line watching some vehicles getting pushed start. I just realized some did not record with audio sorry about that. But you can view the videos at the link below. I have about a dozen more videos to upload I should have those done in a day or so.

http://s1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg525/phoenix5x/Bonneville Videos 2012/

The pits are also a good place to visit and see all the interesting vehicles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the fun doesn't stop after the sun goes down. The car show going on over in the parking lot of the nugget always has some interesting vehicles...sorry on the quality of some of these but night shooting sux with my devices..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy the salt pictures...There are also some pictures of our trip into Ouray Co which if you are an offroad junkie the trails are awesome there. Just rent some jeeps and head out. Thats a little off topic so I leave those pictures out of the post but you can see them in the album and I will have some video up of it shortly.

2. aircap

aircap

Way cool...