Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ron golden

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by mudflap261, Feb 8, 2009.

1. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

Hey RON saw the pics of your oil pump/dist drive on inliners that is slicker than greased owl poop . That rates you a BIG ATTA BOY now if you would be so kind as to display them on ths board

2. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

It was either build the external drive setup or replace the cam. Since the distributor and cam gears stripped once I was afraid it could happen again, and that gets expensive. To replace this cam was going to cost about $800. The external drive setup was cheaper.

So far it looks like it's going to work...no leaks so far and 60 psi oil pressure.

Ron

3. Ron are you going to post any pics here?

4. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Necessity is the mother of invention.......

How about some pictures of that mother.:cool:

5. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

I'd post pictures if I knew how. I emailed the pictures to Nexxussian and he posted them on the Inliners forum. I can turn wrenches ok, but the computer kicks my butt. Maybe he will post the same pictures here.

Ron

6. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

7. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

The computer may kick your butt, but you did a beautiful job on that oil pump conversion.

8. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Screw the computer, you still do great work.

9. bob hindman

bob hindman

Wizzard at woooork...

Hiney....

10. ThingyM

ThingyM

That car makes me want to put mine in the rafters..DAMN!! That is really nice...That pump too.....Dick..

11. bobw

bobw

Hot rod creativity at work! And, it's practically a work of art too. The whole car looks great. I hope to see your's and many others at MoKan this summer.

12. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Thanks for the compliments on the car. Positive comments are always welcome and go a long way toward making the whole thing worth while. And, it sure feels good when a plan works out.

Now if I can just figure out how to get a quicker ET than Roy Merritt and Hiney!!!!!!! Those automatics are quick!!!!

Ron

13. Creative thinking, great to see, and job well done.

Cheers,

Drewfus:D

14. nexxussian

nexxussian

Ron asked me to post those here too (I have a few others too). I'm just getting back to the 'puter after a few days away from it.

So, I'm going to try this here, as I had an issue posting pics a while back (ie trying this again :rolleyes:, take II, bring in the doubble, roll-em ;))

The car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, the distributor & pump drive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and I meant to ask, in the other thread (not the picture one) on Inliners, I take it that the larger hose is the suction line (looks like it goes to a dran fitting on the pan) and the other appears to be the pressure feed. What kind of hose is that (the one I think is a pressure line)?

15. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Erik,

Your right, the large hose is the suction side coming from a mini sump built in the very back of the oil pan. We also had to "trap door" the pan cause we were losing oil pressure during deceleration. The oil was rushing forward away from the pick-up.

I'll have to call the company I got the oil lines from and see what it's called. I know it's stiff as hell and I has a pretty high pressure rating. The hose and fittings came from Swan Eng, in Kansas City, KS.

Ron