Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ROLLINGS BONES does it again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by glrbird, Oct 1, 2020.

1. glrbird

glrbird

2. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I miss their Reliability Rod Run, and yes they build killer stuff.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. lake_harley

lake_harley

I tried to leave multiple "likes", but they're limited to only one per customer!

Lynn

Hamtown Al likes this.

4. I know you're not allowed to dislike anything the Rolling Bones shop does because they've been anointed by god or something, but I think the Packard grille/nose sucks.

5. brady1929

brady1929

I love their hot rods.

Lost in the Fifties likes this.
  6. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not my cuppa tea. Looks kinda... unbalanced, maybe? And that nose just doesn't work. I'm sure it is fantastic and all but.... nah, doesn't appeal to me at all. To each his own I reckon.

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

You guys are nuts.. That thing is super cool....

8. they should have built it like everybody else does:rolleyes:

9. That's not the point. You can be as different as you like, but just being 'different' shouldn't be an end it itself. Different can be refreshing, good looking etc., but it can also be goofy. And the nose on this is. IMHO ;)

Muttley, SlamIam, jim snow and 6 others like this.
  10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Wait til the “ don’t chop it/ don’t pull the fenders/ run a hood/ ford in a ford” guys get a load of this.

oh sweet Louise it’s a hot rod! Look away! Gasp!

lol

that things rad!

WalkerMD, Tman, neilswheels and 5 others like this.
  11. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Personally I like it. How many of you naysayers have your car on the cover of Hot Rod?

12. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Didn`t you guys see this thing a year or more ago in the Roadster show coverage.

Tman likes this.
  13. Over the years Hot Rod has had many cars on their covers with questionable aesthetics. Making the cover of a magazine doesn't make it instantly good. After all, Time magazine had Hitler on their cover. Wonder if they gave a bulk price for all those louvers...

14. What do y'all think of hangin' the leaf off the bones?

15. aircap

aircap

Two big thumbs up from me!

scrap metal 48 likes this.

16. I have!!!!!!

5window likes this.
  17. Don't make me find examples to post of real steaming turds on the cover...it won't be that hard.:D
    (This car is not a steaming turd. I just don't think the nose works very well.)

INVISIBLEKID and panhead_pete like this.
  18. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We this built specifically for Dennis. Does Dennis Varni drive all his cars , he sure has a varied and passionate collection . I loved the link to the video @Moriarity posted and @Tman quoted.

19. clem

clem

Common ‘rolling bones’ set up.
    Do a search on here or maybe it would be more appropriate to start a new thread.

20. Seems to be conjecture over the "status quo".....The systematic and never-ending worship of opinion and output from various individuals and entities in this community is ongoing....Hmmmm'.....I must conclude that it is therefore "traditional "!!!!!! and therefore( again) must not be questioned....or opinions voiced that might run contrary to that slavish drool-worship must not be tolerated....... Jeezus!!!! the guy said he didn't like the nose on the goddam thing.....Wow!an independent thinker.....Look out!!!!could start a trend

21. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Only opinion that really matters is one from Dennis Varni!

Tman, Hamtown Al, 5window and 3 others like this.
  22. He does drive his rods. I met Dennis on the Rodfather Tour in 2012. We were at the Roadster Shop in Illinois. He asked me, a local, about my suggestion for directions to the next stop at Billet Specialties. He was driving his AMBR roadster and wearing his 200 mph Bonneville cap. Wow!

23. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I wouldn’t kick it out of the garage for drip’n oil.

I think it’s pretty killer. May change a few things for my taste, but not many.

24. Johnny99

Johnny99

Timing was good at Bakersfield last year, got to wander around this thing whilst drooling. I ever win the lotto I'm buying, making my buddies draw straws to see who gets to help drive home. Everybody's got to have a dream!
    DSC01845.JPG DSC01846.JPG DSC01847.JPG DSC01848.JPG DSC01849.JPG DSC01851.JPG

LOU WELLS, Ranchero59, 35cab and 4 others like this.
  25. 34Larry

34Larry

Well...............being an owner/(re-)builder of a 34, I like it********ALOT! This being the only one though, reworked from what I would refer to as a "standard" 33/34 hi-boy build. Re-placing the grill in a 33/34 is sacrilege, ( a technical and not necessarily intrinsically outrageous violation), IMHO, but this one really works for me. The rest of the car is outstanding also.
    While when taking the 22 year journey building mine, I sometimes relented, (to yield), to the thought that I was just building just another 34 3 window hi-boy. (I once had a 57 Chev and I believe everyone ever made is still out there, and while they are great great cars I see them as just another 57 Chev.) If it wasn't for my 34 being steel and with "history" I might have given up on it and sold it.
    So I applaud the RB Boys for doing something truly unique, in excellent fission, and in a more than acceptable hot rod way.. It deserves to fall in among the circle that the "California Kid" graces its presence in.
    GOOD SHOW.

WalkerMD and R A Wrench like this.
  26. 392

Cowl steering......not for me after reading thread about. Looks over function never really outdoes tried and true. On a scale of 1-10 I’d put it very low on that alone and with grill to me it needs curves on bottom to look like it flows other than looks of flat cut which eyes immediately go to. Just my opinion

27. dalesnyder

dalesnyder

That just screams "bad ass". I love it.

28. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Rolling Bones style is the most copied(from current build styles) of builds today. And have been for a while. Weather you like it or not, they have their own look. And can be identified easily. Say Rolling Bones and people know what you are talking about. Just like when you say The California Kid.