Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rolling the Dice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KFC, Sep 5, 2013.

1. KFC

KFC
    from UK

My previous thread didnt last long (sorry) so here are some pics of my almost finished 32 roadster project, hope you like

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (should have taken the nav out)

redo32 likes this.
  2. How about some suspension details?

3. KFC

KFC
    from UK

front is an A crossmember and spring over a 36/pilot dropped and drilled axle with split 36/pilot bones
    rear is a pancaked 36 crossmember and spring behind a p100 axle with triangulated ladder bars.

4. RFH1931

RFH1931

Nice ride !

5. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. What do you mean by "pilot" and "p100"?

P.S. I guess this is European stuff?

7. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Stunning! Whats not to love about it?!

8. KFC

KFC
    from UK

In the UK we had the Ford V8 pilot (47-51) an ok looking saloon (with V8) which was essentially a 36 chassis and running gear with hydraulic brakes on the front and mech rears, used wide 5's etc. a P100 is Uk/south african Ford pick up from 70's

9. Nice ride. I like the interior work. What's under the hood?

10. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

11. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Beautiful car, what's the 'impaler' on the steering wheel hub?
    Yikes!

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Really a very sharp little roadster you have. Those Buick tail lights look perfect on there and are a nice change of pace. The color is cool too.

Don

13. A Pilot is an English Ford right?

I have never been a big fan of the E&J lights but they look good on your car and as has been said the Buick tail lights are spot on.

I think I recall your thread about a previous thread on this car being deleted and his one having a glass body or some such. I am thinking just don't tell anyone that it is glass and let them marvel at your ingenuity. Nice looking car and if not totally trad it is at least traditionally styled.

Good enough for me.

14. KFC

KFC
    from UK

Engine is a lowly 69-72 350 olds with edelbrock carb and inlet so not very traditional but it has had a traditional ish make over

[​IMG]

No idea what wheels from suspect a boat? The centre doesn't protrude further than the rim

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I'm not usually a fan of chanelled '32's but yours is spot on!! I really like the tail lights. What yr(s) Buick came with those?

16. Like the body the average rodder will not know what they are looking at, if someone asks just say olds.

Oh a quick bit of advice, learn your firing order and then get numbers for your plug wires. Any electrical supply house with have numbers for wires from 0-9, they just wrap around the wire, way cleaner then the numbers on the cap. I have been doing it for years even when I was tuning for a living. learned it fom an older tuner in the pit next to ours @ indy.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  17. KFC

KFC
    from UK

dont worry i was just making up the leads and my small brain needs all the help it can get. thats all gone now.

I have a pair of 94's on a Y, jetted to run a 350 which will go on once the chassis has proved it self. I've also bought an old 21 stud which will probably be in the next project ?

18. KFC

KFC
    from UK

I Know exactly what you mean about E&J the idea is great but in practice they look acceptable on about 1 in 10 cars, it took a lot of work to get them looking right.

19. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

The GPS.

20. Well england is a big country, if your not careful you could end up really wet and in Portugal, or worse dryish and in Scotland. :D

21. KFC

KFC
    from UK

its an easy speedo for the moment, should have taken it out for pics !!

this is my first hotrod, first V8, first LHD. I'm one of those ricers you hear nasty things about

22. From the looks of the build I would say that you were one of those ricers that we never hear about over here. The ones that are a problem are driving beaters and thinking they are fast and furious.

The car is way nice, maybe a thing or two that is not done the way you like yet but time will cure that. Keep on wrenchin and grinnin my friend.

23. Oh geez, a problem with GPS.

24. I still use a map or just wing it, but if you are somewhere that may question the validity of your car you sure don't want to give the Constable a reason to pull you over and speeding is a good reason.

So while it take away from the look of the car it sure may be a valuable piece of equipment. Mixed emotions here I guess.:confused::eek::D

25. KFC

KFC
    from UK

if all i get called out on is GPS, I'm a happy man

I had this on the dyno the other day as i wasnt convinced about my four barrel tuning ability, just as well as the operator was surprised it drove it was so lean anyway after a good few hours rejetting etc it made 211hp and 300 lbs/ft @ 3700, not bad for an otherwise bone stock engine

26. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very nice lookin' roadster, KFC. Almost looks like a vintage build. I like the DuVall-style windshield...swoopy. The GPS is no big deal. I don't consider it a "permanent" component of the car...it's got a suction cup mount, right? Easily taken off at shows...or at least tucked up behind the dash out of sight.

Why do I suddenly have a yen for fried chicken?

27. brady1929

brady1929

28. raven

raven

Beautiful car, good job.
    Have you thought about painting the hood and headlights the same as the body?
    I think it would look even better.
    r

29. KFC

KFC
    from UK

Eventually they will be painted body colour, as with everything time and money

Off to pendine sands tomorrow for the vhra event.

30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks like a nice build. I love the Olds in there, it really makes ya look harder. As mentioned, get a set of those clip on wire numbers. It'll clean things up a bit.