Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rolling Bones Update...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cshabang, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Cshabang

Cshabang

Hey guys...I've been at the shop for over 3 months now, hard to believe...I thought I'd tell everyone the website is updated...There's pictures of the two current projects ...another Cdan...this one a flatty with a Scot blower, and a pretty evil lookin 5 window that is comin together pretty quick....if it had 2 more inches out of her...it'd be perfect! Its the first car I've been workin with the guys from the beginning of it......It kinda makes me proud. Anyways....www.Rollingboneshotrodshop.com

Tell me what you think....I'm sure the guys would like to know as well...thanks guys

2. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

Every day I feel like a bigger hack, all because of guys like you...

3. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Hey man site loks great but..."what if it rains"!!!! LOL J/K! How about a coupe pics of the 34...or did I miss em?

4. Cshabang

Cshabang

the 34....well you'll have to wait and see how that one turns out...lol its gonna be REALLY nasty.....no pics yet, but it came in chopped, and its gettin whacked more...haha

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

You guys are buildin' Poteet a car?!...so George is gonna be a hooligan too?...Damn!...there goes the neighborhood!...:eek: Gonna hafta get him a Evil Skull radiator cap...:D

6. Cshabang

Cshabang

actually Larry...we're doing 2.....a deuce 5 window, and a 34 three window.....

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...memo to self...punch George in mouth next time I see him...:eek:... (envy goes here)...

8. Cshabang

Cshabang

haha...as Billy O would say..."NICE!"...but thats hardly a way to say Hi to a friend Larry...lol

9. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

We dig your site. Especially the bonneville ride. We are fellow Upstate New Yorkers and hope you are as successful as hell. If we can help in anyway let us know. We are Elrod's Hotrods and we are a club of 30 guys and a girl who sleep,eat and shit jalopys. I wish we could make your shop on feb 18 but we're about 3hrs away and working overtime on about 6 different projects. We have a store and a garage and if you are ever near Binghamton NY stop in. Check out our site which will be updated any day now www.elrodshotrods.com You should go to South Butler NY the first week of Aug. to meet some of the old time hotrod builders of the Northeast. We can link websites and good luck. Check out our gasser retro decals on the hamb. joe

10. Rusty

Rusty

cool site, love the intorduction

11. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for keeping us in the loop--BTW--what are you using to attached the front wishbones to the frame--is it sometype of threaded bung or??

12. Cshabang

Cshabang

Ron ( a good friend and Bonneville race team member) machines a tapered bung to accept an early tie rod end. Thanks for the kind words guys....be sure to come to Garage night...Johns 5 window is painted, rubbed out and numbered......wait till you see it.....chills....

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Is Johns the black one with the green wheels?...or is that Poteets'?

14. Southfork

Southfork

How do I get a couple of those "tapered bungs"? And, how deep is the tapered hole in the bung?

15. Clark

Clark

Southfork...an easy way to get those bungs is cut them off of a junk spindle.

I make my own too. I have a tapered reamer. I think they are 3/4" thick. You can get the tapered reamer from Speedway.
    Clark

16. Cshabang

Cshabang

the black one is Johns car, but she don't look like that anymore.....shes all painted and rubbed.......man does she look evil! As for the bungs, any machine shop can machine them if you go that route. Just supply them with the tie rod and dive them some rough dimensions....they're easy to do

17. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As for the bungs, any machine shop can machine them if you go that route. Just supply them with the tie rod and dive them some rough dimensions....they're easy to do

Chris, I certainly appreciated the plug and have accepted orders thanks to you. But now you send my potentials to "any machine shop".
    Man, like I thought we were all right?

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...kids...:rolleyes: :D

19. Cshabang

Cshabang

OK sorry Ron, I just didn't want to upset you by telling everyone you'd do them...geesh I can't win.....lol SO if Anyone needs bUngs made up.....PM Ron...SEEBEECMC

there...we cool now RON? haha

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Any pics of the new projects? Your site always crashes my browser.

21. willysrod

willysrod
    from upstate NY

Cool site ........like the salt pics

22. Cshabang

Cshabang

all the pics on the site are new, and ALready old...haha I don't have a computer here in NY so I can't load anything...sorry

23. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's how the GENUINE Rolling Bones radius rod attachment bungs appear.

Attached Files:

• rbb.JPG
      rbb.JPG
      File size:
      76 KB
      Views: