Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rolling Bones Make It to Houston

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zeke Fishburn, Mar 31, 2011.

1. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

More Pic's of the weekend.

Attached Files:

2. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Wow!!! Just stumbled over this thread. It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how skilled the Builder or Iconic they are to the Traditional Hot Rod world some Asshole has to pump up his NADS. You would think no matter what the Bones style is, the average hottrodder would be enthralled to see another 32 saved and built to there standards.

Im a hardcore 33/34 guy, but if I were to build a 32 the Bones would be at the TOP of the list! These guys get it and got it.

Keep bangin out those Bitchin COOKIES!!!

3. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Austin Pic's

Attached Files:

4. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

The cars look great to me, and besides, is there a rule book on building a hot rod. Build it, drive it, and have fun with it. If you don't like someone's car, build yourself the way you think it should be.

Was'nt this about your trip to Houston?

5. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

After Austin I did'nt head north with my buddys the Rolling Bones, Ken, Keith, Richie, Jon, Bill, Bill C., Joe and Bobby.
    I took the '32 tupperware coupe on 10 east to Jacksonville, FL. and then back to New York.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  6. lorodz

lorodz

wow what a stance and the top looks killer how much was taking out of the top irons,... looks so sick
    [​IMG]

7. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Those guys at ROLLING BONES HOT ROD SHOP know there way around those '33 and '34's too.............Also coming out with a bad ass Model A roadster this year.

Attached Files:

8. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Right On!!! The Poteet Car is one of my favs! "They nailed it"

Attached Files:

9. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

We started with a set of 32 irons and bows and took about seven inches out , shortened them and reshaped the bows

10. lorodz

lorodz

wow man that car has a major attitude ...hope you dont mind but i may steel the stance of the top for my build .....wich i sent pics of to your guys sites e mail wich i am a boner...

11. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Lorodz , Hell we stole most of our ideas .There's quite a bit more modification to the irons. if you pm me or email me I'll send you some detail shots over the weekend. We are still dialing in the windshield and top but it's gettin" there..

12. lorodz

lorodz

def will do ....thats one of my next things to tackle is the top ....

13. Jonneville

Jonneville
    from NY and UK

[​IMG]

That's true Ken, but you know I did it on purpose, the same way that Richie deliberately ran out of gas to test the fuel gauge on the '40 SD. Besides, the rest of you were growing pudgy feasting on all those cookies and needed some exercise...

Regards

Jon'.

14. TomH

TomH

Ken,
    I not trying to start a pissing contest, don’t want to hear about bias ply verses radials drama, just want a question answered. I see your running the Cooker Classics radials, what are your though on those tires? I have seen your blog on the bias ply’s so no comment is needed on those. I know you guys run your cars hard and I respect your opinion.

Thanks,
    Tom

15. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

yes it is. it is in my shop right now getting some things fixed after a mechanical fan took a bite out of the radiator.:(

as soon as it is back together, i'll send you some pictures.

-danny

16. 48bill

48bill

Thanks Jon!!!!! Good exercise in the heat.

17. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Tom, I know your question was for Ken but I have over 15,000 miles on my set of Coker radials with no problems or complaints on my end.
    Ron

18. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Tom . We put classics on George's five window but we like them best on 33/34's because we feel they are a little on the big side for the front of anything from 29 - 32 . on 29's and 32's We run excelsiors .They don't quite have of the look of firestones but are the same size and at least are round . We have had good luck with both classics and excelsiors.
    Ron who runs with us may even put more miles on his hot rod than we do and although we NEVER exceed the speed limit he often does . ( CATCHING UP WITH US )

19. TomH

TomH

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hotrod3w
    Tom, I know your question was for Ken but I have over 15,000 miles on my set of Coker radials with no problems or complaints on my end.
    Ron

Ron who runs with us may even put more miles on his hot rod than we do and although we NEVER exceed the speed limit he often does . ( CATCHING UP WITH US )

ha ha ha, Thanks Ron and Ken. I'm getting this thread way off topic so one more question and I'll shut up. Ron with 15000 miles on yours tires what do you estimate you will get out of them before they will need replacing?

Tom

20. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Wow,, Ken said (CATCHING UP WITH US) maybe when I needed hit the toliet from a bad breakfest or take a picture of some of the site's that we past. But I surly don't have any problem catching up.. And to think I looked up to him like a father figure!
    The tire's.......I should be able to get another 15,000 out of them. I do wish they would make a 25 inch tall tire instead of a 27 inch on 16's for the front.
    Ron

21. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Danny, Thanks that would be great, It is one of my fav 5 windows, And I have not seen it in a long time

22. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Cow town.... I thought had had more(prolly do). just can't find them on the HD..but do have this of Jim's 5'er.
    Danny will post better shots than I.

Attached Files:

23. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Some times when that little flathead under the hood is ticklin' three digits and that red and black three window blows by I feel more like Ron's GRANDFATHER

24. orangepeel

orangepeel
    from arvada, co

Heaven knows you've got the age for it Ken.......LOL...jus' kiddin!!!!!!

25. orangepeel

orangepeel
    from arvada, co

Hey Ron HotRod3w...the Deluxe Speed Shop three window is a buddy of mine from Denver!!!!!!!!!!

26. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Dave, That is a nice 3w Deuce......Just talking to the wife about maybe spending a week in that area this year or the next. But I need to unload a house first.

27. orangepeel

orangepeel
    from arvada, co

Yup...great original car with and insteresting history.....give me a shout when you are in Denver!!!!!!!!!!

28. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Here's some pictures of the 5w that I took at Jim Jard's Party and at the Lonestar Roundup.

Attached Files:

29. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

30. brady1929

brady1929

Beautiful 32 5w above