Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rolling bones coupe question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29 sedanman, Feb 1, 2006.

1. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Does anyone know what the actual color or paint type is used on the 575 coupe? I am interested in knowing if it is just redoxide primer or if it is paint.

Thanks, Tracy

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

PM'd you...

3. Cshabang

Cshabang

well, I'll assume Larry got to you.....

4. A Boner

A Boner

Is the color a secret?
    I think I remember hearing it is red oxide, darkened with some black primer.

5. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

I'm curious as to what it is to?

6. Cshabang

Cshabang

It is Red Oxide Primer, but I'm not sure even Ken knows how much black is in it...lol he kinda mixes it up and sprays.....

7. Cshabang

Cshabang

So I asked Keith and Dave what the exact mixture was and they told me its Red Oxide primer, his brothers ashes(no joke guys, Jim is in the paint) and some other stuff they weren't sure of....SO I was GONNA ask Ken, but I bailed seeing as hes an ARTEEST.... and we all know how sensative they are....sorry guys, I tried

8. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Thanks for asking. The guys at the shop are having a tough time coming up witht the exact shade I like. Honestly I like the Rustoleum brand shade of Red Oxide. They may end up sending the grill shell to be scanned for the color on the spot I sprayed. If they could darken the rustoleum shade just a bit I would be tickled. Every thing they tried yesterday came out way tp brownish orange.

9. Clark

Clark

On mine I just added black to PPG's DPLF red oxide.
    Clark

Attached Files:

10. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Clark thanks for replying to this. I feel like an idiot for not thinking of you when trying to explain the shade of red oxide I am after. I e-mailed you about a couple of things if you get time.

Thanks, Tracy