Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rolling Bones Book

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Aug 29, 2019.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Got my copy of the Bones latest book, Gas-Oil-Water today. Full of great photos and lots of tech stuff on how the Bones Boys do their thing. Good read if you like their style.

2. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

$85 ???? :eek::eek::eek:

ted kovacs likes this.
  3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Why do you think they call it 'G-O-W'? $85.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Oh, I'm they're rolling in dough to produce a low volume book for a small targeted audience.
    Maybe an island in the BVI is next?

5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

We got ours today.
    Have you priced print production, quality print, lately? And small a print print run.
    Get one before they hit Evil Bay and the speculators.
    And the Bones Guys are rolling in dough, they build cars for something to do during the day, and days and days.

Texas Webb likes this.
  6. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Get Out Wallet

7. catdad49

catdad49

Krylon, you s*ck (Just Kidding), because I didn't get mine yet!

8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

catdad49 Worth the wait, I ordered early so at that time the book was cheaper. Na Sayers, they have created a niche market and are working hard to make it successful. It's called Capitalism.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've followed them on FB for a few years but am always a bit amazed that they can drive across the entire country and only get photos of their own cars at places like Bonneville and the GNRS. They don't seem to be interested in anyone else's rides unless they serve as a backdrop for theirs. The "here's my coupe parked in front of Poteet's pits at Bonneville" thing. Good travel stories but a bit self centered.

10. Good thing we have all these great photographers on the HAMB for the many shows lot of us can't make.

j3harleys and akoutlaw like this.
  12. They are a hot rod building business not a journalism organization why would they cover anything but their own cars?
    Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. catdad49

catdad49

Krylon, ordered last summer. Just jabbin' you!

14. my2nd40

my2nd40
    from Tennessee

I got my copy of GOW this week. It's a fantastic book, that I'm proud to have in my collection.

15. I agree, maybe good marketing hey?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

16. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

There's a very nicely done video posted on Netflix about one of their trips to Bonneville. Great photography and shows their cars to good advantage, BUT ... it seeks to create high drama with roadside repairs which are mostly due to dumb shit that should have been addressed during the build, like missing cotter pins, etc. The underlying message is a Rolling Bones car confers special standing on the owner as well as entry into a very select club with membership reserved for only the happy few. Well, OK. Rolling Bones does build nice cars but personally I like being a HAMB member and benefiting from the far larger brotherhood.

Just Gary and williebill like this.
  17. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Why roll with the Bones, when it's 'every young man's dream...to become a Pharoah'?

-Joe, chief Pharoah

18. wewaitingfor

wewaitingfor

A very good book, most of all I liked the way shown in the pictures, though I did not have enough time to study it completely. I had a task in college on it, and since I did not have time, I took from https://edubirdie.com/write-my-essay the finished work on this book, and looked at it already on the finished work. They wrote my essay well, but purely for myself I want to buy this book and reread it. Are there any services where you can order it?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  19. adam401

adam401

Old thread I know but I just recieved my copy of Gas Oil Water. I only just glanced at it but I gotta tell you it is awesome. Its a big, heavy, hardcover book full of hot rod pictures. And I didnt know they did this but from my billing shipping info they had my name so they signed the inside cover which is a nice personal touch. Well worth the money. If my new Hopup comes in the mail today it'll really be party time at adam401's house!

garage2small likes this.