Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects rolled out the 29 today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29hotrod55kustom, Dec 28, 2009.

1. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

so its been a really long time since i got to do anywork on my 29 A sedan. I have been spending alot of time, money, and brain power trying to put together the engine for it, and being in college that time, money, and brain power is split with school work, and split further with my family. So after the hooplah of christmas settled i rewarded my self with actually making my hot rod look like a car. this is the results...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and now some of my darling little girl Scarlett helping daddy with the hot rod..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and i will close with a picture of grandpa, scarlett, and me.. my dad started the car a bit before i was born about 26 years ago (and it looked damn near identical as it does here back then) and now i'm picking up the torch and moving forward with the car now! mostly needing to sell the old style vette IRS to make way for an early 9" and sway out the tube axle for a real dropped I beam and juice brakes.. gotta change out the 4bars for some hairpins or radius rods and get my 40's ford 16's cleaned up and put on it.. soon i will be dropping in my early olds!
    [​IMG]

2. HotRod33

HotRod33

That is a nice looking Model A.... it is cool that it was your dads car.....

3. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

4. hvychvy

hvychvy

Cool,looks like you have a great little helper!!Keep us posted.

5. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

thats a great start ....I agree with loosing the Corvette rear.

6. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

That's a cool project you've got!

Is your father asking you why you need to change out the rear end and 4-link?...cause the were perfectly good when he installed them in the 80's! ;)

Good luck with it and keep us posted.

7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Very nice. I'd be tempted to get it running and take Dad and the baby for a quick ride around the block prior to swapping out the suspension parts. Hopefully you can recoup some pretty good $ from the Vette rear and front axle.

8. strawberry

strawberry

where do I get a pair of shoes like that, ohh"" and fantastic car, love it,

9. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

awesome car....and being your dad's make's it even more special....also you got a cutie working with you ....looks to me like 3 keeper's for sure!

10. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Actually, Vette rears started getting stuck under rods in the late 60's, whereas 9" Fords didn't get popular until the 80's. So depending upon what decade you're build is based on, that early Vette rear may not be out of place. I personally would leave it there and loose the rear skirt with the recessed plate.

11. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

well what i REALLY want for the rear is a dutchman quickchange (and just use a 9" till i can afford the quickchange). but the rear valance i really want to keep because i am modeling the car after the Jack Chrisman sedan which had a home made piece similar to it. everything i have on the car right now are all things my pops bought for it originally. we do plan on replacing the glass fenders with steel ones eventually and the rear valance will be smoothed and notched as i will be putting a covered spare on it (my own personal deviation from the Chrisman car).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

even though the vette rear is one of the early models from the later 60's, i want the car to have an earlier look. if i leave it then my dad will be tempted to try and talk me into putting the wabbit dash and overhead he has for the car too lol.

my daughter is definitely daddy's hot rodder. she went inside for a little bit cause it was getting chilly out, after a while my mom brings her out and shes crying "daddy i wanna work on the hot rod, let me fix it." cutest thing ever.

12. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Right on man! Sounds like you're on the right path. I want to see that engine! Your daughter is adorable bro, you're livin the life. :)

13. that's cool your daughter is interested. i took my niece and cousins to a car show this may ya should have seen the looks on their faces. (especially when the owner of a 1/4 midget let them sit in the car)

14. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

awsome bro yer livin large. How cool to have 3 generations in that pic. My daughter started helping at age 4, she was great for crawling under the 29with me and holding a tape or holding wires for me while I wrapped up the harness as i built it. At age 10 she was in the garage watching me port a set of heads. she had her stool and glasses just watchin me work when one of the young blue flamers that paints houses for me comes in the shop and asks "what are you doing that for?" My daughter without missing a beat looks at him and says "To build horsepower dummy" and roles her eyes.
    Just think pretty soon that little girl will be telling how she wants her car and gettin dad to help her build it.

15. mikeco

mikeco
    from virginia

It just doesn't get any better then that !! Looking good!

16. cWaInc

cWaInc
    from Phoenix

I will be following along with your build!

17. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

honestly its almost scary how much she gets now and she is only two. i will be looking at a rodders journal or something and ask her whats that, and she will distinguish between hot rod, custom, and dragster lol. a buddy of mine brought a girl over one night and she was just blown away that she knew that stuff, it was hilarious. she always says i want to build a hot rod, or that she wants me to help her build a hot rod, but always says "when i get bigger though, im to small now daddy, when i get big and strong like daddy."

she has no problems getting dirty either, she was out and got damn near as dirty and greasy as me when i tore down the 303 i was going to put in the 29, it was cute until i had to try and wash the 50 year old engine grime and sludge off her face, you would have thought i was in the bathroom trying to kill her! lol

18. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

oh btw, has any one previously had experience puting a 30/31 visor on a 28/29? i know the tabs are different on the sides and need to be flattened out to go on the sides of the windshield posts instead of in front like a 30/31, but aside from that is there any other stuff i may run in to? i dont like 28/29 visors and really like the bead on the 30/31 visors so i have on sitting on the car now, just seems like it has a little more crown than what the stock one might have.