Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roll Call: Salina Lead Sled

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vegas paul, May 23, 2010.

1. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

We plan on being there in the nash again. Just got my trendsetter in the mail today and it sounds like this will be a great show.

2. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Okay, maybe I should start a new thread for this but I'm hoping that people who are going are subscribed to this thread.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For those that don't know the event has been moved to the much more spacious Oakdale Park (click here for google map)

The Run What Ya Brung Drags are in the same place East Crawford Rec/Markley Road (google map)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday night 8pm-10pm is a free concert in Oakdale Park as part of the City of Salina's "That's Entertainment" series. The performers are a Johnny Cash Tribute called "Walkin' The Line"

Typically Bright Built Hot Rods has an open house Thursday night (map)

This year Calvin Customs will be doing one as well (map) I don't know the official date and time yet but I will find out and pass that on

Friday night after the drags we've booked Pushrod to play at The Paramount Bar (map) "The P" is my buddy's bar and my favorite hangout.

I'm hoping to get some people together to run out to our small town of Gypsum on Saturday evening to eat at our newly opened BBQ joint, again I'll have more details later.

If anyone is interested I can post a list of places to eat and such, just let me know.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and your cars!

3. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Looking forward to it.

4. Is the registration at the same host hotel as in past?

5. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I don't know, I'm not affiliated with the show, just a local sharing some mappage haha.

from the KKOA website:
    " Headquarters Motel: Best Western Mid America Inn (785) 827-0356, additional lodging close by: Econo Lodge (785) 825-8211, Holiday Inn Express (785) 827-9000."

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

yes, same motel for registration

7. 1931av8

1931av8

Rick:

Glad to meet ya! I also own those 4 Jetter books and agree to their readability. Good guys, both of them.

Doubt the Model A will make Salina. The goal is Gunnison in August. It is completely apart and getting ready to get shot with some epoxy primer. I blasted the body down to bare metal and KNOW that I would luck into one of those Kansas rainstorms if I didn't have the metal covered. Not wanting to reblast...that was a long, hot, dirty day.

I know your car so will look you up. Probably find me hanging around the Lonely Knights...or basking in glow and accolades of the newly unveiled Roger Jetter '55 Cadillac :D

Tom

8. Lucky3

Lucky3

Maybe it is somewhere in these posts and I missed it but what are the dates of this gig ??

9. NoSurf

NoSurf

July 23-24-25.

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

OK you guys, enuff sucking up...thanx for the props tho...

Tom, get back to work on your car so you can drive a kool car to Salina.
    Rick, don't disappoint me this year and not show up...
    Bill, I know your Chevy will make it there...was good to see you out here for GoodGuy's event.

Each and everyone of you, drive carefully...!!!

R-

11. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

We'll be there in our just finished 51 Mercury!!

[​IMG]

12. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

The Calvin Customs Open House is Friday night after the drags and just a block up the street from the Paramount where Pushrod will be playing, make sure you go check it out. Thanks to NoSurf for the info!

I won't be planning any events on Saturday because the KKOA is putting on a concert and I defintely want everyone to support that show.

Later that night I'll be at The Paramount again for sure:) Hope everyone comes out and has a great time in Salina!

13. jake//NC\\Mi

jake//NC\\Mi
    from michigan

I will be there leaving Michigan wednesday

14. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Skeet that is one bad ass looking Merc,beautiful paint and I like the windshield treatment.Looks like a chopped top and a taller windshield to see the red lights,Cool. Can't wait to see it in Salina.

15. motorhed327

motorhed327
    from missouri

I will be there, first year for me. I am looking forward to it!:D

16. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

I will be there and so will my wife Lacy Lane. Want to bring my 57 Ranchero but it doesn't look like it will be done. Might bring it anyway if it is up and running and mostly together.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Me too. What time and which way you going?

18. Anderson

Anderson

THEM! Tx is coming in force.

19. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Love this show. I should be there again this year.

20. mlbeil

mlbeil
    from Arnold, MO

Will be making it with (3) other buds including pops. This is the first time to this show but, been looking forward to it for almost a year. Really like seeing all of the activities/parties that are happening outside of the show and hoping to make at least a couple of them, part of the journey, right? If you see the Olds, stop and say Hi.

21. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I am planning to leave NY on Wednesday evening. Maybe I will be able to catch up with some of you guys/gals.

22. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I sure would like to meet the talented artist that did my grinder art Willys

23. Mercchev

Mercchev

Lonely Knights from Colorado Springs will be there in Force

24. Rental Car $200 (none of my crap is running), Gas for the 2000 mile roundtrip $250, 2 nights at the Fairfield $182, Cash for that "lost" wrecking yard in nowhere SD $200, Misc crap $150, $50 Entry Fee, Alcohol to feed my sparkling personality $$$$

First trip to Salina, First KKOA event, First Flag Drags, Denise's cookies..... damn right its a bargain

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  25. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Hey VK, Make sure you save some cash to check out that "lost" wrecking yard in Junction City, Kansas...it's right on I-70 and guaranteed to suck up some of your money...

R-

26. Roger,

That is not the kind of help I need!.... better make sure the rental has a big trunk and rear seats that fold down

27. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Better rent a van then cuz I could direct you to a "lost" yard in Great Bend, Kansas, as well...how much cash did you say you're bringing...???

R-

28. I get a deal on a pair of exhaust manifolds from a stranger off the HAMB, this guy is really into customs/sleds, spend the morning shooting the breeze, pick up a few subtle customs tricks, learn a few things, a positive "influence" on my mild custom.... and then

a couple years later, 1000 miles and 3 states from home, broke and wondering how the hell I'm going to get it all home and what I'm going to tell my wife!

Making friends on the HAMB it'll cost ya

29. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Let me help you out...save you some money...I've got plenty of good stories you can "tell the wife," I've got a place for you to stay (floor, dry, next to my Caddy) and I've even got an extra five gallons of gas if you need it...

What I can't help you with is how much time it's going to take you to get thru both of those yards (and the other two here in ColoRODo that I haven't told you about yet...!!!) and travel home...but that's on you...

R-

Shouldn't you be working for the state instead of on the HAMB...???

30. On my laptop in the hospital sitting with one of my wifes relatives.

Hmmm google earth, Great Bend Kansas...