Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roger Beck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakearoo92, Jul 25, 2009.

1. jakearoo92

jakearoo92
    from Indy

Hey there my name is Jake Beck and my grandfather is Roger Beck he has a lot of history in racing and so does the rest of my family. My grandfather and I were looking at some pictures on the web and he knew alot of guys on the pictures. I was just wondering if anyone on here used to race with him back in the 50's in southern california or maybe worked with him because he was a fabricator for all his life.

Thanks

2. I visited Roger at his shop in Avon back in the 80's. I showed him this picture of my "Beck" sprint car and he immediately recognized it as a copy....the original had been wrecked. He's a very sharp man and does beautiful aluminum fab.

I was at the Knoxville Nationals in 1970 when, in a similar Beck sprinter, Joe Saldana set a qualifying record that stood for years and topped that off by winning the event.

Attached Files:

3. jakearoo92

jakearoo92
    from Indy

Thanks a lot for the pics! yeah, Roger is my grandpa and i was just curious and was looking around. Can i ask your name?

4. Do you have a cousin or uncle Greg who is still in the irl?

5. jakearoo92

jakearoo92
    from Indy

yep. its my uncle greg. and he still runs Beck Motorsports and my dad Chris Beck is the fabricator at HVM Racing IRL team

6. I know Greg from the days I worked on a team in teh CART series. Only met Roger a couple of times. Great fabricator.