Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rodware PCV valves???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat Hack, Apr 26, 2008.

  1. Fat Hack
    Joined: Nov 30, 2002
    Posts: 7,709

    Fat Hack
    from Detroit

    Back in the 80s and into the early 90s, Mr Gasket used to sell some parts they called "Rodware". These were mostly annodized and billet stuff designed by John Buttera for them to produce and sell to the masses. Ha Ha...I know it might seem funny to ask about stuff from the kick-off of the "Billet Era" on HERE, but John was one of us, and an important part of hot rodding's History. I'd like to use a few of those old Rodware parts partially in his honor, and partly because I really liked some of them! Maybe Mr Gasket could bring it back...or someone could pick up the ball and do modern interpretations of the same type of thing??

    I used to use the PCV valves from the Rodware line in everything I built. They looked SO much better than parts store OEM style stuff...especially when you were running nice valve covers and such. The PCV valves came in red or blue annodized aluminum, or a bright aluminum finish. They were simple, clean and functional...and I wish I woulda bought a whole lot more to have 'em on hand NOW when the stuff seems to be non-existant!!

    Anyone still sell this stuff...or have it hidden deep in your garage???

    The window cranks and stuff didn't do much for me...but some of the engine parts in the Rodware line-up were pretty cool...I want it back!!
  2. Bet there is a shop somewhere with a few left on some back shelf?
  3. eBay, every once in a while....usually don't go for much...

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.