Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rodding Material???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackjack, Nov 10, 2016.

1. brady1929

brady1929

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What year is your Whatzit?

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It already is...

Ron Funkhouser likes this.

4. It's French

5. If you don't care about value,anything can be made into a Hotrod...If it were mine,RESTORE it,worth many times more restored.

patmanta, Tman, Texas Webb and 2 others like this.
  6. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

That's a nice model.
    Tony

7. I like it, as it is, and where its at. There is still plenty of material out there to Hot ROD. So leave the nice old survivors like that, the way they are. I found a 27 coupe for $650. It will make a much better Rod. I'm a Hot Rodder, But I also Don't think we need to rod everything. Where is this? Love to visit that museum. Thanks for the photo. Ron...

The37Kid, Stogy and oj like this.
  8. By "Hot Rod" those words have different meaning to different people. For me modern engine , brakes and paint would do it for me. I want to enjoy my toys with safety and comfort in mind.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hot Rod it only if you have LOTS of money to piss away, some cars need to be left alone or restored. Bob

falcongeorge and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  10. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

pitman and Stogy like this.
  11. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Why not sell it to a collector and use the money for
    a true "Hot Rod"?

12. A Boner

A Boner

image.png It looks more like restoration material, but then again, I really think this one is really slick.

13. 117harv

117harv

^^^^ what year/make is this? I have a hood for one.

14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats kinda what I was implying was do some period updates to engine multiple carbs, gearing. The Dodge Boys team has a blue 31ish coupe that is just a beautiful hopped up hotrod. It does have a mild haircut as well. whatever you do I'm sure you will nail it. You guys have great taste over there in what you do.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  15. Cosmo50

Cosmo50
    from California

16. 117harv, that is a 1932 Packard Light 8- one of my favorite grilles/radiator shells ever!
    It was only available for one year, and only as a cabriolet or sedan. someone made a fiberglass repop body some years back.

kiwijeff and 117harv like this.
  17. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I'd keep that car ''just the way it is''....it already has a great ''presence'' to it!!! It is awesome,...grab a tweed cap and leather driving gloves...and drive it with a big happy smile, and honk at everyone at 35mph with a genuine wave of salute:D

18. Get it running and drive it.

They are only original once!

19. Nice car. If it were mine I'd keep it original and make it roadable.
    Shame to cut it up.......................

20. Not mine unfortunately - it was one of the feature cars at Retromobile Paris last year. Not that rare as Ned points out and I have seen restoration projects for under £2k. I particularly like the split windscreen.

Given the price of roddable Fords in Europe cars like this are a real alternative.

Stogy and Raiman1959 like this.
  21. I like it. 2k quid for any steel bodied roadster is pretty damn good value in my book. How much would we be paying for a Model A roadster in Europe? A lot more than 2k.

22. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

There was also a style #563 sedan coupe, 5 passenger sometimes referred to as a Victoria.
    I was told by a Packard expert they were very rare, (5 known ??) sticks in my mind.
    An in-law had one some years back, beautifully restored,dark blue and if you saw it you would throw rocks at any Ford Vicky.

23. Here is the DeSoto mentioned above....

Jet96, kidcampbell71, slv63 and 2 others like this.
  24. chrisp

chrisp

Peugeot of that era are hard to find, even in France. Coupe, convertible or roadster have never been popular bodies when new, if you find one for 2G's in that shape : buy it, that's the deal of a lifetime. That is about the cost of a 4 door in a less great shape that needs a complete resto.
    Edit : In that Wiki link it state 1512 car produced, all body style...

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  26. there are only hot rods and future hot rods. i can't believe the "don't touch it" comments, on a hot rod site. man, that thing could be souped up and always changed back.
    A.A.C.A. has a site for purists.

Tim, Ron Funkhouser and Stogy like this.
  27. Popcorn thread.

falcongeorge likes this.
  28. That car belongs to the Montana Dodge Boys....I just posted it for all to see. My cars are 1931 Dodges and are VERY similar, but stock.

29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oops Thanks 31...I will re-edit that post just a little. But again thanks for diggin that up to share.

31Dodger likes this.